Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Force help

Any "line" based tech that isn't named Diga or Foie isn't anything spectacular, Zonde included, Zonde's SE is Shock, not paralysis, it's also the lowest level of Shock of the Techs.

Early game you should boost your EVP as much as possible (Units, Deband, Tenora Armor), this way Rod usage is more viable. Although before A rank, all enemies can be staggered so you wont really have to worry about getting interrupted while Teching once you get your move off. After you get to a high enough level and get lvl 21+ Deband, you won't have to worry about EVP slots anymore, but keep the Tenora based armors.

What I did to start my Force off, was change to Braver at about lvl 15, and leveled it up to get the first PP boost ability, gives you the small boost you'll need until you get other, more important abilities. After that, I hunted, and hunted, and hunted for a select few lvl 11 Techs, these techs are the best for a Force.

General things about Teching

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Rabarta -
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Now I'm going to bash some spells

Spoiler!

There, no more bashing. The Techs I didn't mention are ones that are just mediocre and don't need any type of evaluation.

Now for Force's melee...Yes, I highly recommend mixing it up and meleeing as a Force, and not just to build chains or regain PP either. This fortunately isn't as complicated as the Techs. You'll want to use high ATA weapons with high ATA PA's of course.

Spoiler!

What my palette usually looks like?

Spoiler!

....Eh, I'm missing a lot of stuff, so just ask if you want anything. I'm thinking of writing up a gigantic guide (one that's a lot more in depth and detailed than this jumbled mess of a write up) or an FAQ for Forces and people interested in the class.

Shakuri, there is a translation issue here.

Shock and Paralysis in the English Phantasy Star Universe games is the exact same thing. status effect is called Stun.

In PSO shock never depleted, and had to be cured with a Sol Atomizer or with the Anti technique, it was also something that a Cast could be inflicted with.
    In PSO paralyze was something the happened when Grass Assassins hit you; Casts were immune, it has the same effect, and it depleted over time. It could also be cured by Anti-paralysis .
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

I don't know about you, but when I see the word "Paralysis", I think of not being able to move. Not just being restricted to running around without being able to attack.

Misunderstanding I guess, either way, Zonde is too situational to consistently hit groups with, and its SE level is the lowest in its element. Which was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    I don't know about you, but when I see the word "Paralysis", I think of not being able to move. Not just being restricted to running around without being able to attack.

Misunderstanding I guess, either way, Zonde is too situational to consistently hit groups with, and its SE level is the lowest in its element. Which was my point.
    I see. I was Ranger minded when I played as a Force, so I just tried to use status effects. Personally I didn't use Zonde, and while Nosdiga Stuns... I found its chances to be to unlikely.

I didn't have my Infinite Conundrum or Spread Needle back then.
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Generally when using Nosdiga, you're going for the knockdown/knockup aspect, the chain + the instant 2-3k damage, the Stun is really just a possible bonus. Although I get it fairly often against Robots (Low STA) and Shark/Vahra types (Unlucky SOB's).

wow thats a huge amount of into. very practical stuff too.at first i was worried that the force would be useless and weak, but seeing the options, it might be more fun than i thought. wow cant wait till release. and shakuri, you should write a guide, you seem to know your stuff when it comes to fos in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    In PSO shock never depleted, and had to be cured with a Sol Atomizer or with the Anti technique, it was also something that a Cast could be inflicted with.
    In PSO paralyze was something the happened when Grass Assassins hit you; Casts were immune, it has the same effect, and it depleted over time. It could also be cured by Anti-paralysis .
    You have those backwards. Shock goes away after a time whereas paralyze does not. Sorry for being off-topic, just wanted to point that out.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2:
    G.O.L.D./Female CAST/LVL 133/Hunter{20}/Ranger{16}/Force{1}/Vanguard{20} As of: 1/16/11

Quote Originally Posted by Rakukojin View Post
    You have those backwards. Shock goes away after a time whereas paralyze does not. Sorry for being off-topic, just wanted to point that out.

Of course, otherwise Vol Opt would be so damn cheap wouldn't he?

In the magical land of beautiful women and candy bars

And it's stuff, info, like this that gets me all overjoyed about a game or particular aspect of a game.
    I am actually looking forward to using Force now
    PSP2i:
    Akira l Human (F) HU3/RA22/BR50 Lv.200
    Saiyuki l CAST (F) HU50/RA22/BR5 Lv.200

I hate it when I realize grammatical errors in something I wrote. I'm too lazy to go back and correct them though. But yes, FO is a really fun class if you don't let the starting out frusterations get to you.