Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

I'm a little disappointed too that the fun was over with so quickly, but really, a password list wasn't a very reliable method of withholding this stuff, anyway. We appreciate the effort. I can at least say for myself that I'm not taking this stuff into any kind of multiplayer. It'd feel too much like cheating.

Thanks a lot to SoA for managing to get this stuff onto the English version! It must've been a gargantuan effort.

so boom, all the excitement of voting and waiting to see what surprises we get is gone. I'm depressed about that.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Sadness at people hacking the codes to reveal them all so soon. Given the system I had a feeling it was only a matter of time though.

Enjoy the codes! We worked hard to bring a lot of this stuff over, so we hope you guys like them.
    Hey man, you tried. Like everyone else is saying, we REALLY appreciate what you guys have done to keep all this amazing content in the game. I would have probably traded the game in if I found out all the cool stuff was taken out. Most games now that are coming out of Japan hate to give us everything. Not saying names, *COUGH* PSU *COUGH* YOU'RE LIKE 2-3 YEARS BEHIND FROM JAPAN *COUGH* Now here's crossing our fingers for DLC missions and Playstation Store Items.

tl;dr You are the biggest bro and I salute you.

Skilled Fighter

As usual, because all the little kiddies cant wait, and want everything now, they have to spoil it for everyone.

Thanks to all of you at SOA for working hard to bring us as much content as possible. I will be sure to enjoy the items

Okay, I do have to interject at this point.

I can understand fairly well that there was probably a collective face palm among all those involved with the campaign being driven to publicize PSPo2 through the use of the codes, or maybe it was just Ruby himself (thought not exactly sure what that plan was), but to headline those that decrypted the codes before SEGA was to relay them to us at a funneled rate the kiddies and to bash them...completely unnecessary and unwarranted. Just because you prefer to have content artificially slowed down doesn't mean everyone else shares your view.

People don't like content being held from them that should be fully and functionally available to them from the get go.

I'm sure even Ruby was aware that it was only a matter of a time. The fact they even tried to depart with this whole "which 2-3 codes do you want every week?" thing is almost asinine as it were, but to be mad that you now have all the codes at your fingertips because you think that these people are now responsible for ruining your game? Ridiculous. Codes and cheats exist. There are websites dedicated to this kind of thing, and it's not illegal. When it comes to lines of numbers necessary to input in-game for secret (optional) items, those are going to be broken faster than a Rappy under a 50 combo chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Okay, I do have to interject at this point.

I can understand fairly well that there was probably a collective face palm among all those involved with the campaign being driven to publicize PSPo2 through the use of the codes, or maybe it was just Ruby himself (thought not exactly sure what that plan was), but to headline those that decrypted the codes before SEGA was to relay them to us at a funneled rate the kiddies and to bash them...completely unnecessary and unwarranted. Just because you prefer to have content artificially slowed down doesn't mean everyone else shares your view.

People don't like content being held from them that should be fully and functionally available to them from the get go.

I'm sure even Ruby was aware that it was only a matter of a time. The fact they even tried to depart with this whole "which 2-3 codes do you want every week?" thing is almost asinine as it were, but to be mad that you now have all the codes at your fingertips because you think that these people are now responsible for ruining your game? Ridiculous. Codes and cheats exist. There are websites dedicated to this kind of thing, and it's not illegal. When it comes to lines of numbers necessary to input in-game for secret (optional) items, those are going to be broken faster than a Rappy under a 50 combo chain.
    I don't think it's right to try and put some of the blame on the people who tried to do something positive, like use the codes to bring awareness about the game, with the information. I didn't see anyone get mad about it. I don't think him expressing disappointment in a few selfish players is in any way anger. You are right about cheat sites existing. I can't see any way around that problem.

I guess maybe Sega could have made them unlockable through wifi, if they had wanted to, but that would have left out the players w/o a way to access online with their PSPs. I think SOA is probably doing what they can to make it fun for us. And they probably don't have as much control over it as we would like to say they do. I'm sure the codes work fine in Japan, and cheating isn't so common there. I don't really know myself.
    Last edited by pso_crash; Sep 22, 2010 at 04:32 AM.

Well, I tried on the male clothes. Didn't like any of them, as none of them seem to fit at all into my Phantasy Star world memories. I'm sticking to the default clothes I can buy in the store, they look much better in my opinion. Plus I'd rather not look the same as every other player online with that archer outfit. Don't even recognize any of them except for Shinji's plug suit.

Hm. I guess this is quite the complicated situation.

First of all, I also want to thank you for even bringing all these codes over! You can be sure everybody is more then grateful that you made this possible.

Anyway, I can understand why they released all of the codes.
    BUT, nobody was forced to look on that site nor to post them here, or even post them on the front of a sticky page. First of all, there are many new people joining pso-world everyday that do not know about psupedia so they might not even know about the codes. Second, not everybody that plays the game also comes to pso-world, they might just visit the official homepage and that is that.

The codes may have been released, but nobody is forced to look at them or use them. Think of them as cheats? They are there for every game, but do you use them because they are there?

I don't know if the codes have been posted on the official forums, but if not(or if, just delete them), and start your votes there for people that don't know about them yet?
    Or just post them on the front site or where they were posted(sorry, I don't know where they have been posted before :c ). There is no need to stop posting the codes, just because they all got released on some site not everybody knows about.

Edit: Also, if we somehow do get the DLC, we could do votes for them?
    Last edited by redroses; Sep 22, 2010 at 08:19 AM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

I personally am glad the codes were released. I'd rather have access to all the content already on the disc, then be spoon-fed codes every week. If SEGA wanted to release things after the game came out, they shouldn't have removed DLC.