Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Story Replayability (New Game+)?

***potential spoilers***

I'm currently playing through Chapter 4 (got distracted by Minecraft... evil, evil game). I saw on PSUpedia that there are three "wings" available when you finish Story Mode for all three endings. I was wondering, for Title Completists like myself, if there is a way to get all three endings by replaying the story with the same character—like New Game+ in some other games...

U can replaying it after u complete it once with the same character..
    Last edited by Xevaline; Sep 29, 2010 at 08:38 AM.

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

You can play through the story, and afterwards a "Hard Mode" version unlocks. You can replay both, if I'm not mistaken. In the end, yes, I believe you can get all three.
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

It's alot simpler than you would imagine. After you finish story mode, you can play through any mission, any rank (with the exception of the last mission, which must be completed in order). Every time you get an S rank in a mission, and every time you get a correct choice, you earn points for your ending. I believe getting a C rank, and choosing wrong options, also lower your point total, so it's easier to go from bad to best than the other way around. I'm also not sure if you can grind one mission for points, or if you have to go through all of the missions and get a perfect score each time for perfect points.

Anyway, long story short, go back to any mission you haven't S-ranked, and S rank it. While doing so, pick all the right options when prompted. You can skip scenes by holding start, and the list of correct options are in the PSP2pedia (which Foxfire so generously posted in his signature). By mission 5, you should have enough for the good ending (if you got the bad one by default. This was the case for me.). I still haven't grinded for the best ending, but I'd imagine getting a perfect score on every mission should be enough to get it.

How do you know what rank you got on what mission though :|?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryr View Post
    How do you know what rank you got on what mission though :|?
    The obvious answer is seeing the rating you get at the end. There's a vision phone option too, just search through there and it shouldn't be hard to find. The tough part is knowing when you're good to go for the final mission. Though as a quick tip, if that Sephiroth clone has different dialogue than the normal ending, then you should be good to go for the good ending.

Thanks for the tips, I couldn't for the life of me remember what missions had been S-Ranked and what hadn't. Spaced out finishing the story anyway, so I'll check the visionphone. Thanks much.

You can spam certain missions for type points btw. Im grinding my ranger and vanguard jobs to ten spamming chapter 1.1

Ah yes, type points are rather easy to get in story missions, aren't they? Not that I'd resort to that tactic. I can get type points and exp from doing anything, there's no reason to limit myself to one thing. But if I ever wanted to focus, that's a pretty good tip.

So, since I got the good ending without trying, does that mean I'd probably have to start over on a different character to get the bad ending?
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter