Default Old PSO player, a little overwhelmed

I played PSO DS before it was released in the US, then DS proper, Xbox and PC. We have a PC server at home for PSO even now. Played some PSU & PSZ, did not play PSP and now I am regereting it. I feel rather behind the curve since I don't have a character to import, and I don't know anything about the skill system.

My all time main is a PSO FOmarl. I am wanting to make a newsman or human force in PSP2. Was hoping I could get a little advice on skills to go for and such. I know I am going to miss my PSO style rafoie and zonde but I hope other things make up for it.

Also I am generally going to solo or duo with my husband's cast ranger, not sure what MySynth would be most useful to us or to me soloing.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

There's a mysynth that tries to focus on healing, which is always nice and leaves your PP to be used for the offensive when possible.

As for skills, I suggest certainly get all the basic elemental technics, which will be your workhorses for a force. in PsP2, the technics don't level up like they did in PsP1, so you'll be a little harder off on that front. The key really is doing all you can to exploit elemental weakness, and selecting which spells and technics you like the function of best. Late game... I'm not there, so I can't help you with detailed tips, but there's plenty of other users who will know a lot more than I do.
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

Honestly right now forces are rather difficult to play as a beginning class. I find alot about it wanting. It's probably better to play another class such as hunter vanguard or ranger and farm your technics. In this way you can gain access to higher level technics and come back to grinding that job up. I dont personally think force is a complete waste of time however. Chaining with it when soloing with npcs is a chore. The npcs invariably break your chains.

Remember too that you can use and set abilities from other jobs to enhance your force while you grind it through the type ranks.

Hunters are far easier than forces in PSP2. It may be worthwhile to play as a hunter for a bit and collect some higher level tech disks so you aren't stuck with weak ones. It will also give you some equipable abilities that might help you survive longer as a force.

Quote Originally Posted by lilibat View Post
    I played PSO DS before it was released in the US, then DS proper, Xbox and PC. We have a PC server at home for PSO even now. Played some PSU & PSZ, did not play PSP and now I am regereting it. I feel rather behind the curve since I don't have a character to import, and I don't know anything about the skill system.

My all time main is a PSO FOmarl. I am wanting to make a newsman or human force in PSP2. Was hoping I could get a little advice on skills to go for and such. I know I am going to miss my PSO style rafoie and zonde but I hope other things make up for it.

Also I am generally going to solo or duo with my husband's cast ranger, not sure what MySynth would be most useful to us or to me soloing.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
    I am with you on this. I came from playing PSO in nearly every conceivable form and never got into PSU or Phantasy Star Portable. I am playing PSP2 and am starting to love it but it took me a good 20-25 levels before I really felt like I knew what I was doing. There are still some things I don't get yet but the game is definitely addicting once you get into it.

I am definitely playing a force. I remade her half a dozen times, tried making a hunter and quickly got bored with her, but all that stuff went to my final girl. Just like PSO I ended up with a human force, and for the same reason. Hate the female newman outfit possibilities, love the human dress. In fact I prefer it to the purchasable outfits I have seen so far, unless there is some way to tweak the purchased outfit colours I will probably stay in the default.

Still not completely clear on the skill boosts but I am trying to sort it out.

Hard doesn't scare me. I used to go do offline missions solo in original PSO before they fixed the door thing. I still like to go into way too hard missions on our private server solo. I like a challenge!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...=180897&page=2

I found the top post on the second page of this thread pretty insightful on a way of Force play. Granted this is just one of many ways you could possibly play your character, but perhaps this will help you develop your own ideas as you learn the game over time. Best of luck to you and hope ya have fun!