View Poll Results: Which one do YOU! use?!

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Desktop

12 70.59%
  • Laptop

5 29.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2 laptops and a desktop.

... I use the laptop the most, I'm always moving around I don't know what I'd do w/o them. My desktop died 2 days ago so I need to upgrade/rebuild it.

My laptop isn't too bad for gaming either. NVidia 64mb video card, 1.8 GHz processor, 30 gigs to store pr0n and pictures of Mocha, 256mb ram (upgradable... which is what I'll be doing shortly) it was only 600$ in november

Desktop hands down.......

Mercenary for Hire

there's nothing 'desktop' about my PC. it sits on the floor, because it's too big to fit on my desk. then again, my keyboard has to be used on my lap, because my desks too small..

Disgruntled Culinarian/ Commis become Master

I use a laptop. I haven't found a game that hasn't worked with my system yet, because when I bought it a couple of years ago and I bought only the best available at the time. I don't travel much, so it likes to sit on my desk, but when I do travel, it comes with me everywhere. I can use it at school on my desk, and I can play dvds in my car. But honestly, if you are into the PC gaming thing, you probably want a desktop. The touchpad mouse doesn't do very good for point and click games, so you will only find yourself playing those games when you are at home anyway.

actually I'm curious to why this question was asked. Are you debating on whether you want a laptop or desktop? Or just curious to what the majority of people are using?

Going into college the best thing I could have done was get a laptop. My school is very tech based and everything is done on computers. It's just convenient to have it. Sometimes I take my mouse with me, other times I just use the touch pad. My old lap top was sort of a pain b/c I *wish* it had a docking station, instead I had to reconnect the cat 5, floppy if I needed it, and various other things. My laptop now has everything in it which makes it heavier but that might be a better thing. It would be nice to have a docking station but this works for me now.

I'm all about wireless, my dad won't let me network the house, or at least my room so I stuck with wireless. I can sit in the porch while checking my mail or watching a DvD if I want to... why would I want to? Because I can. You can go warchalking with a program like netstumbler(.com) and all sorts of other fun stuff.

For other people a laptop just isn't pratical. No matter how you look at it a desktop will always have better specs for the money.

I don't know why I made this post so long so I'll stop.