Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chalk one up to a system failure.

A good friend and I were in a game tonight when a small power surge cost me an item that I have wanted since I first saw that they exsisted. I came across this "special item" with an atp requirement that I had never seen before (235). So I equipped the weapon, and to my surprise it was a double saber. I was extremely happy, and used the new weapon for a bit. Then I let my friend use it for a bit, when all of a sudden he is gone. I knew that he did not take it (he is a good friend in RL) I just assumed he was joking. But when he got back on and told me that he lost it and his favorite weap (a last survivor with good bonuses) I was shocked. He had a power surge and his DC reset itself. I have gotten over it now (actually after the initial shock I was over it) but I felt like ranting a bit

In need of Anger Management

If i ever see you, i'll gladly give you an extra one. I remember when i first wanted one, but could never find one. Now that i do, i give them away.

I'M SKEPTICAL SO I'LL RANT ABOUT THIS...
    YOUR FRIEND "MAY NOT" HAVE LOST YOUR ITEM. IF YOUR ITEM WAS IN HIS HANDS AT THE TIME OF THE POWER SURGE THEN YOUR
    ITEM WOULD HAVE STILL BEEN IN HIS CHARACTER'S HAND.
    ANY ITEMS THAT ARE NOT EQUIPPED
    OR IN THE DEPOSIT BANK WILL BE ERASED
    DURING A POWERSURGE/BLACKOUT.
    THE DC VMU WILL BE ABLE TO HOLD ON TO
    EVERYTHING AS LONG AS IT'S IN THESE
    PLACES.
    I SAY IF HE'S WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
    YOU SHOULD DROP BY AND CHECK OUT HIS
    CHARACTERS.....
    NOW IF HE'S MISTAKEN BSOD AS A POWERSURGE...90% CHANCES ARE HE LOST
    ALOT MORE THAN YOUR DBL.

not always, my friend lost all his items when his dc reset, incl. his mag and his frame, everything that he had on his character

The famous BSOD phenomena....

I lost my s-beats in kind of the same way. I died and my friend (RL friend) picked them up by mistake while reviving me. Just then his system locked up and he lost his unequiped weapons. My poor s-beats.......

Well, when I found mine, I had sort of the same problem, the other way round though. Just after I got it, I played online with some friends in the mines, and got killed. It was some of thoses rooms with 2-3 sinow beats, 5-6 gillchicks, and 5-6 canadines, and I wasn't used to the double saber. I went back in the mines, and suddenly, I got disconnected.... With my brand new double saber lying somewhere in this messy room.

I immediately phoned one of my friend, and fortunately I was the only one to have been disconnected, so he picked it up for me.

Murphy's law strikes again...

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: MORB on 2001-04-03 08:38 ]</font>

Hey Reiken thanks for the offer, but in my first trip back to the V.Hard mines (to find another dbl saber) I found one...in the second room .

Coolest Motha on the planet

Well i lost a LOT of things to my DC mysteriously resetting w/o a power surge! out of the blue it would go right to the main screen and my vmu would be dancing in my face mocking me items! But luckily it was when all i lost was possibly a good sabre with maybe 10%on a. beast. But if that happened now i would be very mad i understand your need to rant and go job findin a replacement so quick

Zanza, there's a button on your keyboard called `Caps Lock'. Push it.