View Poll Results: Make PSU Free PLz Sega

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make PSU Free

17 34.00%
  • PSU Stay As Pay

33 66.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The best solution would be modular content. Say $5 for each new mission pack, pay it once and you can run those missions forever. People pay for this kind of thing in better games like Mass Effect and that's just for personal offline enjoyment. To see the same model on an MMO, look at Dungeons & Dragons Online.

Also, impose all the JP Free Course restrictions on anyone who's not bought any content packs. Content could be things like $5 - Access to My Room and player shops, $10 - access to GAS customisations, $10 - access to Firebreak missions.

Maybe I'm just sour that I didn't have good enough internet to play PSU until after Firebreak and the 1-up cup were long gone. Subscriptions are extremely expensive, and as soon as you stop paying you basically have a game you've paid for that you can't play. Playing for a year, which is not an unreasonable estimation, costs $120 on top of the game. Playing nonstop for 3 years costs more than the Xbox 360 console itself. Modular content is the most fair way to run a game, scrubling cheapskates have a hard time levelling, those who open their wallets get a richer experience. Subscription basically means an infinite cost until the servers shut down, and is especially draconic when you have to jump through hoops to cancel the subscription.

So, IMO, PSU shouldn't be free, but it shouldn't be subscription either. Same for any MMO. Servers cost money to keep going, sure, but not that much. What, forty players and you've covered your server costs? Two hundred and you've got your three members of staff paid? The rest just goes to fund shit like Sonic & the Bad Voice Actors 3: Players Alliance vs. Camera Control.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
    The best solution would be modular content. Say $5 for each new mission pack, pay it once and you can run those missions forever. People pay for this kind of thing in better games like Mass Effect and that's just for personal offline enjoyment. To see the same model on an MMO, look at Dungeons & Dragons Online.
    However, compare the success of D&D online to that of a pure subscription based game such as WoW.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

I don't see why Sega hasn't just implemented the option of Free Course OR a paid subscription like they have in Japan. At least then, people could decide whether or not the game's worth paying for.

Of course, PSU's been full of poor game design decisions from the start, so I'm not surprised...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I think it should stay with paying instead of free. The price makes an excellent firewall from what goes on with the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I don't see why Sega hasn't just implemented the option of Free Course OR a paid subscription like they have in Japan. At least then, people could decide whether or not the game's worth paying for.

Of course, PSU's been full of poor game design decisions from the start, so I'm not surprised...
    Because Microsoft won't allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post

Part of the reason FC works in Japan is because FC users can still buy and use GC, which Xbox doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
    I think it should stay with paying instead of free. The price makes an excellent firewall from what goes on with the demo.
    What he said I vote pay to play.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

GT atombom360
    360 Twisted Dragon LV180 M CAST GM 20,Naomi LV180 F Beast FM 20
    JP Kiyomi F Human LV 23, Twisted Dragon M CAST LV 22