Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Darn right.I rather have people have time to type essential things(unless they are Gods at keyboarding)

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    Darn right.I rather have people have time to type essential things(unless they are Gods at keyboarding)
    I've had people ask me if I have a USB keyboard on PSU before.
    I don't, though. I'm just really good with the on screen keyboard.
    This kid once asked that I send him a picture of my room to prove I didn't have a USB Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    You must be 12 if you care about people being G.I.R.L.s :0

The general Idea is that it works both ways, but built in just makes a certain mentality among the playerbase that doesn't fit with everyone(people that DON'T want to use mics with strangers or CAN'T.)
    Its more I hate the free item asking. Which so glad never happened in psp2 but in PSO:BB... omg (OMG allot of people in the PSO2 Forum I can't wait! XD)
    Last edited by レッドファンタシースター; Apr 27, 2011 at 06:07 PM.
    - [Playing Guitar] -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrackerCrums Check out my Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Regardless of what chat functions PSO2 implements, I think it would extremely beneficial to have an auto-translate function for specific words/phrases so that people from different regions can still communicate over the language barrier.
    That was called Word Select in PSO, you could build sentences and they would be translated to the 5 languages the game supported. It was removed on Blue Burst, provably because it didn't have a global server, and provably because is was one of the triggers of a FSOD.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoTrigga View Post
    Could make for some hilarious moments though....

*Tiny hunewearl walks in....does sexy pose*

*Booming black man voice*
    You forgot to add that classic line "How you doin', baby?" (in said booming black man voice).

As is, I use Skype for IMs and voicechat. That's another alternative to use. I'm for voicechat (as an option, not a requirement) because if I can use it to talk without having to type and using my hands to play, that makes things easier for me. I won't always want to be on VC. For slower times like in town, typing's fine by me.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoTrigga View Post
    Voice chat. Yes, dare I say it. Voice chat. It's become a staple of alot of online video games, even though most of them don't support it (World of Warcraft, Minecraft, etc.), but instead resort to programs like Teamspeak or Ventrilo.

What I'm saying is, how cool would it be for you to be able to voice chat with your buddies while playing, but at the same time, your characters face pops up, and lip sync's what you say in a non-laggy manner.

If I remember correctly, Team Fortress Classic did this when they added voice chat, when you spoke, your character's mouth moved with your voice. Why don't more online games do this?
    I loved voice chat on the Xbox version of PSO. I hate having to type out everything. Plus I hate having to read bad spelling.

i dont really care as long as there is still text chat.

i never use voice chat. hate it.

as long as it can be totally shut off so i dont have to hear other people, fine by me.

Since this is a PC game there really isn't any reason to have a built in voice chat system when you can just use a third party program instead. (Vent, Skype, Teamspeak, ect.)

Click image to visit my Youtube channel and subscribe if you like what you see.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t3hVeG View Post
    Since this is a PC game there really isn't any reason to have a built in voice chat system when you can just use a third party program instead. (Vent, Skype, Teamspeak, ect.)
    Built-In voice chat is good because not everybody is savvy enough to figure out how to use a third party voice chat program. I didn't like using any of those programs. If you don't like to use voice chat then don't. I'll still play with people who don't use it but I still don't have to like it especially since voice chat can help coordinate your teamwork much faster. I still can’t see how people like typing messages when talking is much easier.

Voice chat can add another element to the game where the enemies can hear you talking and give away your position like in the Rainbow Six Vegas games. I also thought it was cool in the Xbox version depending on how close you were to the other player also determined how loud their speech was. That way you didn’t hear everybody at least in the lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    Built-In voice chat is good because not everybody is savvy enough to figure out how to use a third party voice chat program. I didn't like using any of those programs. If you don't like to use voice chat then don't. I'll still play with people who don't use it but I still don't have to like it especially since voice chat can help coordinate your teamwork much faster. I still can’t see how people like typing messages when talking is much easier.

Voice chat can add another element to the game where the enemies can hear you talking and give away your position like in the Rainbow Six Vegas games. I also thought it was cool in the Xbox version depending on how close you were to the other player also determined how loud their speech was. That way you didn’t hear everybody at least in the lobby.
    I'm sorry but if someone isn't savvy enough to use a voice chat program, then I doubt they will be savvy enough to even know how to run the game. It takes little effort and knowledge to even know how to run a voice chat program. (especially Skype, if you can't figure that out within minutes of installing it, then you're obviously retarded)

Click image to visit my Youtube channel and subscribe if you like what you see.