Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hyouta View Post
    That would be a nice idea. Doubt they would do it though. > <
    Sad thing that none of this reaches Sega's ears
    Last edited by Kimil Adrayne; Apr 29, 2011 at 10:17 PM.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    Really? Can anyone who has actually played both PSO and PSU even call this a PSO vs PSU thread?

I thought it was obvious that PSO still stands as the better game even after all these years lol. No need for a vs thread when everyone already knows the outcome =P
    Perhaps I should amend that. I honestly don't want to get into that. Again. Sorry to say, but I can get real irrate when people come into this and trash the game for not being "their" expectations. Especially when its extremely early. It was honestly a response to Fee Lei's post. PSU disappointed many. Myself included. and they had a right to be disapointed as all of that over hyping of the game ended up being what wasn't. I ended up enjoying it over time though. But it made its own amends over time with PSP2i. Which people favor as what the freaking game should have been in the first place.

PSO a superior game? In execution yes I agree. The mechanics worked. PSU? Well, I can only compare points that it only did few things better, then got even better with its handheld releases.

Most biggest reaction I'm seeing from this thread is that it's "looking like PSU, therefore its going to be shit. It should never have been called PSO2."
    Last edited by Tyreek; Apr 29, 2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/msg/ Translate your response in Japanese.I tried doing it,I don't know if they'll see it or can understand,but a least try.I think they did the PSO atmosphere right in the trailer,but that's easy to fuck up with silly clothes and bright ass color's,keep it in the lobby please SEGA.Respect your old fans.I'm going to send them that.
    Last edited by Corey Blue; Apr 29, 2011 at 10:26 PM.
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Perhaps I should amend that. I honestly don't want to get into that. Again. Sorry to say, but I can get real irrate when people come into this and trash the game for not being "their" expectations. Especially when its extremely early. When it It was honestly a response to Fee Lei's post. PSU disappointed many. Myself included. and they had a right to be dissapointed as all of that over hyping of the game ended up being what wasn't. I ended up enjoying it over time though. But it made its own amends over time with PSP2i. Which people favor as what the freaking game should have been in the first place.

PSO a superior game? In execution yes I agree. The mechanics worked. PSU? Well, I can only compare points that it only did few things better, then got even better with its handheld releases.

Most reaction I'm seeing from in this thread is that it's l"ooking like PSU, therefore its going to be shit. It should never have been called PSO2."
    I dont agree with those people though. I think PSO2 is looking great. I think it's smart for PSO2 to take the GOOD things PSU did. PSU may not be the best in the series, but it does have it's good points regardless of how much of a let down it was for us.

PSO2 wont def please everyone though, that's for damn sure.

On a side note the hell is wrong with wearing bikini's while fighting Dark Falz? So now people want to dictate what people want their characters to wear? That's just plain stupid. These people are silly as hell they act like that's gonna ruin their time in the game. I feel bad for those people...letting such little things get to em xD

Hey it's all about the atmosphere,PSU you had none,Zero,leave that shit in the PSU games,but will it bother me to point where I wont play,nah.I'll still play it,but do I want silly ass clothes with every stereotype imaginable in their no,I want this to look like PSO,not PSU they had enough time to shine.

That's like saying "so what if this is a black tie event, I wanna wear nothing but a towel" - Atmosphere ruined for other people.
    I understand that you might not feel the same, I would just prefer this game keep a theme to it in fighting situations.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

Quote Originally Posted by Kimil Adrayne View Post
    That's like saying "so what if this is a black tie event, I wanna wear nothing but a towel" - Atmosphere ruined.
    I understand that you might not feel the same, I would just prefer this game keep a theme to it in fighting situations.
    I feel the same way,PSU was meant to have a lighthearted tone,this is suppose to have a darker tone for the fans of PSO,not PSU.They wont get it though as long as they can where their thongs,I guess.I don't mind thongs,but seriously..make it look natural.(It'll look so childish and ridiculous,but whatever I don't know what SEGA gonna do.)
    Last edited by Corey Blue; Apr 29, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    On a side note the hell is wrong with wearing bikini's while fighting Dark Falz? So now people want to dictate what people want their characters to wear? That's just plain stupid. These people are silly as hell they act like that's gonna ruin their time in the game. I feel bad for those people...letting such little things get to em xD
    ^This. Other people need to not tell me what to wear and not to wear. If I want to wear a bathing suit while fighting the God of Darkness, that's my damn business. Cool if you don't want to, but I do.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Apr 29, 2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: changed wording, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    ^This. Other people need to not tell me what to wear and not to wear. If I want ot look like a prostitute while fighting the God of Darkness, that's my damn business.
    Not all games should be a sand box.

In the end, we'll just have to wait for more new info to see where this subject goes.
    Last edited by Kimil Adrayne; Apr 29, 2011 at 10:47 PM.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

Rappy Hunter Serial Killer ThEoRy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    The fact that ANYONE thinks this looks more like PSU than PSO is completely absurd IMO. Just about every aspect of what we've seen from this game is a throwback to PSO, aside from the photon art looking combat, and why is that a bad thing? It's not, it looks great. Would you prefer the simple LIGHT LIGHT HARD 3 hit combos, over and over and over?

Naw, this is PSO2. If you want PSO, then go fuckin' play it and be quiet.
    This is the smartest comment I've seen on this subject yet. To compare this to other franchises, it's like saying you'd rather play resident evil 1 hd than res 4 or 5. Or, I'm a true Street Fighter fan because I prefer playing Street Fighter 1 over Street Fighter 4. GTFO!

Times change, technology changes, games change. Stop holding onto the past. PSO was a great game, for it's time. I should know, I was there from day 1 and it's one of my favorite games of all time. But I want it to evolve with the times so I can enjoy it all over again. And that is this game. This is PSO2.
    Killing BioMonsters Since 1988
    1,427,595,780 exp
    Give or take a poulty