View Poll Results: Would you like to see Player Shops in PSO 2?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 60.71%
  • No

13 23.21%
  • Maybe

9 16.07%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

you completely missed the point of the topic

Airball

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Getting back to the bikinis.........nevermind, some people obviosly really need them in this game. Arggggh!
    Yup. So sorry about that. You won't have to party with me in-game if you don't want to see someone not being super-serious.

Anyway, I'll agree that the gross over-inflation of the PSU economy kind of makes me not want the same type of player shops in PSO2. Maybe SEGA could do something like a barter system. You put an item up in your "shop", and set what item you would want to trade it for. If someone with the item you want comes into your shop and wants the item you have for sale, they can trade it. Kind of like the Wi-Fi trading system in the recent Pokemon games.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Yup. So sorry about that. You won't have to party with me in-game if you don't want to see someone not being super-serious.

Anyway, I'll agree that the gross over-inflation of the PSU economy kind of makes me not want the same type of player shops in PSO2. Maybe SEGA could do something like a barter system. You put an item up in your "shop", and set what item you would want to trade it for. If someone with the item you want comes into your shop and wants the item you have for sale, they can trade it. Kind of like the Wi-Fi trading system in the recent Pokemon games.
    This wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Some form of economy that functions without real-time human-to-human interaction should be in place.

PSU's inflation kind of got accelerated by the meseta exploit early on... and eventually meseta drops got out of hand too.
    Coming Soon!

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Yeah I liked Pokemon's global trade system, and it would work for PSO2 as long as they kept the PSO style stat restrictions on weapons. I don't want to see low level players running around with godlike weapons just because they got lucky with the trade system. (I'm just mean like that, you gotta earn it)

Has anyone thought about how section IDs will effect trading and economy growth? I understand a few people here haven't played PSO. But if we keep the PSU style rooms/shops and adopt the PSO style Sec. IDs, will the game create a rich and poor society based on random Identification?
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

I don't expect PSO2 to take any step back in the series, so yes, I want player shops.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARASHIKAGE View Post
    Yeah I liked Pokemon's global trade system, and it would work for PSO2 as long as they kept the PSO style stat restrictions on weapons. I don't want to see low level players running around with godlike weapons just because they got lucky with the trade system. (I'm just mean like that, you gotta earn it)

Has anyone thought about how section IDs will effect trading and economy growth? I understand a few people here haven't played PSO. But if we keep the PSU style rooms/shops and adopt the PSO style Sec. IDs, will the game create a rich and poor society based on random Identification?
    Pokemons global trade center was awesome for a week...

But I'm sure theres an easy analogy somewhere for all the junk/cloned/hacked pokemon with unrealistic trade requirements on them in relation to PSO2 items/weapons.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    At the same time it might be nice if the shop didn't have to be connected to your room. like if there was a way to lock your room so that people only had access to the shop and couldn't see if you were in your room or see anything you said. I've had to pretend to be afk so many times and almost felt trapped cause I didn't wanna talk to people but didn't want to be rude and tell them to leave.
    Trapped.....? It isn't like people can attack your character or anything, is it really that serious? I mean damn, if you don't want someone to "see" your character, why not just set up shop then leave the room or something? I know some people can be extremely anti-social, but reading this the only thing I can think of is "this is some weird shit".

Anyway, I would love for player ran shops (and customizable rooms) to return. That why its easier to find out a item's worth (just by searching said item and looking at all the prices) instead of being ripped off because of a person being a newbie (like say someone taking a newer player's monkey king bar for only 2 photon drops or something crazy like that).
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I will definately NOT be "oracl'ing" with you madame...in all seriousness, good luck with your fashion party...knock 'em dead!

I have no idea how Pokemon's system was (I'm on the wrong side of 30) but it already sounds better than PSU's player shop system.

first off there were exploits to attack a person by making the game think the room was theirs so they could raid your common box and access your PM. so thats not true that they couldn't attack you. And its not that I feel trapped like "omg what am I going to do?" just feel like I'm not allowed to be anti-social or ignore someone. call it weird if you want but thats not the kind of person I am. And if I afk for a minute I hate being rude, but people come in and start harassing you for shit and if you happen upon them in a game they'll kick you right as you get the boss or some other bullshit because you weren't overly nice.

So if you think its weird not to want to be a jackass then I don't know what to tell you.