Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patching issues

I've shut everything down, firewall, avg, spybot. And everything is on the dep list. I'll try and kill a few more processes and see. Might be some program not agreeing with gg.

/me points to unanswered portion:
    When was the last time you've scanned your pc for root kits (tdsskiller is good) and/or spyware (malwarebytes and superantispyware are good too)

I scan every month or so and it always comes up clean. The last time I did it was a few weeks ago.

EDIT: just ran full scans on both my antiviruses and both came up clean.
    Last edited by fronebullare; May 29, 2011 at 12:45 PM.

Forget it, this just wont work for me. =/ Thanks for all of your help everyone.

Having 2 Anti-Viruses in a system is never a good idea, the two can cause a deadlock. Also launch PSU in a window as well. Unfortunately since Gameguard is at a higher level than an Anti-Virus it can override it completely. Make sure you run it as administrator by right clicking on the program and actually "Run as Administrator." If you are running multiple versions of Nprotect or just one that updates. You will need to reenter the data everytime Nprotect itself is actually updated with a new core file. If you have a problem you can also delete the Nprotect/Gameguard directory contents and have the game download a fresh copy for you if any corruption exists.

If you were able to play the game for 15 minutes, then you obviously did something right...But if its the Anti-viruses themselves, they literally are fighting each other for control so you literally have to replicate the same settings on anti viruses and firewalls you may have to be in the clear, otherwise one will keep overriding the other. Afterwards you are free to give your favorite kernel level rootkit (nprotect/gameguard) control of your system.

You can run your anti-viruses but it really is like not having them while playing PSU.

The linux community knows the full extent of what Nprotect actually is to the point they completely rebelled against Nprotect (gameguard) being introduced into Linux itself....and it was very massive. Massive to the point entire populations and users (who actually know about computers) threatened to uninstall any Linux Build and Version that has any Nprotect/Gameguard Compatibility of any kind.

However, running on Windows isn't too bad considering right now the best thing that Windows can do is actually Run Games and nothing else. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Are you running anything in the background that might cause GameGuard to suspect it as a potential threat to the game's integrity? Things like Cheat Engine are an obvious no, but thing like Fraps tend to crash PSU sometimes when I try to open it after I've launched PSU. I bet any other overlay program might have the same problem too.

Try hitting ctrl+alt+delete and go to processes and shut down any unnecessary applications that are running.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

Fraps was fixed in a previous version to allow to work through nprotect. I use Fraps exclusively (even more than dxtory) for capturing....^_^ If gameguard didn't allow it, the game would just instantly crash with an error.....but that is not the case.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Fraps was fixed in a previous version to allow to work through nprotect. I use Fraps exclusively (even more than dxtory) for capturing....^_^ If gameguard didn't allow it, the game would just instantly crash with an error.....but that is not the case.
    Ergo, an older version of Fraps can have this problem. Apparently it isn't just me.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

I hope that you can fix it soon
    Sorry my bad english!

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Having 2 Anti-Viruses in a system is never a good idea, the two can cause a deadlock. Also launch PSU in a window as well. Unfortunately since Gameguard is at a higher level than an Anti-Virus it can override it completely. Make sure you run it as administrator by right clicking on the program and actually "Run as Administrator." If you are running multiple versions of Nprotect or just one that updates. You will need to reenter the data everytime Nprotect itself is actually updated with a new core file. If you have a problem you can also delete the Nprotect/Gameguard directory contents and have the game download a fresh copy for you if any corruption exists.

If you were able to play the game for 15 minutes, then you obviously did something right...But if its the Anti-viruses themselves, they literally are fighting each other for control so you literally have to replicate the same settings on anti viruses and firewalls you may have to be in the clear, otherwise one will keep overriding the other. Afterwards you are free to give your favorite kernel level rootkit (nprotect/gameguard) control of your system.

You can run your anti-viruses but it really is like not having them while playing PSU.

The linux community knows the full extent of what Nprotect actually is to the point they completely rebelled against Nprotect (gameguard) being introduced into Linux itself....and it was very massive. Massive to the point entire populations and users (who actually know about computers) threatened to uninstall any Linux Build and Version that has any Nprotect/Gameguard Compatibility of any kind.

However, running on Windows isn't too bad considering right now the best thing that Windows can do is actually Run Games and nothing else. ^_^
    I always launch the game in windowed. And I've ran it as administrator. I've had both antiviruses completely off as well as my firewall. Are you saying that i should delete the gameguard folder in the psu folder every time i want to play?