Thread: Hey there

Default Hey there

So I'm new, both to the site and Phantasy Star in general. I'm not going to bore anyone with how much I love Phantasy Star from only play PSU and PS:P2 for a bit, though it looks like it could potentially be my favorite series of video games if i were to play the rest. I know the classics and such aren't really connected to PSU or PSO but i would like to finish every game before PSO2 comes out. I have PSU, PS:P2, and a Sega Genesis emulator with Phantasy Star, but I don't know in which order to play the games. I'm guessing I-IV first, then PSO, PSU, and then the Portables? I'm not quite sure but this seems right.

If you have an xbox 360 there are slightly remastered versions of all 4 classic games. The first is old and lays down the basics of the main protagonist. I try to play through it but get bored. I read a summary and that was good enough.

I recommend the second one very much. My advice to you is to grind levels whenever you can. This game is very difficult.

3 is totally optional in my opinion.

If I had to pick any one rpg to play for the rest of time it would be Phantasy Star IV. This game is still the best jrpg created and had awesome and interesting mechanics that we see shadows of in other great games. If you play one of the classics this is the one to give your time.

As for th online games...I'm pretty sure you can only play PSO jpclient if at all. PSU is on xbox360 in America and on pc for Japan and is still fun and worth your time.

As for the PSP games, I have not played them. My understanding is that they are similar to PSU but smoother due to being newer.

You don't have to play the first portable if you don't want to, unless its for story, and for the bonus you get when you import savedata. But I'm pretty sure the first one is fun. I've only played the second >_>;

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury