Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Well, it's kind of odd. When people are sarcastic in real life, they say simple sentences completely differently.

When people are sarcastic over the internet, they word their sentences differently. Or maybe i just spend too much time on the computer.

Yeah i probably spend too much time on the computer.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Actually, I can totally see that being the case. It might even be sub-conscious. Hmm..

This could be a fascinating thing to study....

Oh, sorry, I spaced out there for a minute.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content...1/09/stuff.jpg
    According to the pamphlet distributed at Tokyo Game Show, as of September 2011, Phantasy Star Online 2 is 50% complete.
    -BARK,BARK,BARK,BARK,BARK-
    -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCosmic View Post
    http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content...1/09/stuff.jpg
    According to the pamphlet distributed at Tokyo Game Show, as of September 2011, Phantasy Star Online 2 is 50% complete.
    Has someone who can actually read Japanese confirmed that's what that 50% actually means, or is this merely an assumption?

It seems odd that anyone would estimate a game that just underwent alpha testing and is (supposed) to have a beta soon-ish as only 50% complete.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    Has someone who can actually read Japanese confirmed that's what that 50% actually means, or is this merely an assumption?

It seems odd that anyone would estimate a game that just underwent alpha testing and is (supposed) to have a beta soon-ish as only 50% complete.
    I don't think bumped makes assumptions without saying it's an assumption...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Most online games that go into alpha testing are usually not even that far along. They're usually more like 30% done.

Every time I've been in an alpha it usually means "We've got the bare bones of how the combat mechanics work and one environment to test it on". They're also usually done completely in-house because the product is so bare bones that any leak in the NDA could give the game bad publicity too early in it's life.
    Last edited by Angelo; Sep 17, 2011 at 03:58 PM.

50% completed? I thought it was more than that. If that's true then that's great!

Halfway through the game and they're already making the smallest changes that need to be address and from what I've seen so far there making the right changes (force subpanels can charge, UI) and who knows, maybe they will add different animations to each class (crosses fingers). From here is making more enemies, levels, adding more features and tons of tweaks.

50% done and this game looks too good for it's own good? It's only gonna get better.

50% is probably more than what people think. It probably means most of the gameplay mechanics are close to being finished, and it's almost time to start adding in actual content.

Unless I'm very mistaken, that literally means degree of development in Japanese, but looking at it as 50% developed is more natural in English. I actually didn't notice that in the pamphlet. But then again, I was being bombarded with pamphlets while walking around.
    Last edited by Spellbinder; Sep 17, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

Help us out, Espiokaos. Please.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106