Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

With the rares being independent, it all still really depends on whose willing to share/trade.

It would be more like rolling a 100 sided dice 4 times in a row till you get what you want, compared to rolling a 25 sided dice once(Yeah I know that sounds retarded)

Though I'm also unsure if that would change anything thinking about it mathematicall...

So the only thing I'm REALLY seeing still is "supports playing with your friends."

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    And i reiterate, dont know if my math is correct. Regardless it's obvious that 4 rolls of 1/100 is...well 4 times higher than 1.
    It would still be 4 individual rolls, though. It's not like each person gets 4 rolls instead of 1.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Statistically, there's diminishing returns when it comes to repeated attempts at a random outcome. If I rolled that 100 sided die twice, I would not have a 2% chance that one of the rolls would wind up being the number I wanted. It would more be along the lines of 1.9something%
    At 100 rolls, my overall odds of ONE of those rolls being what I want would statistically only be around 65%.

That's why that one item you spent weeks hunting for finally drops in a nondescript random run. At least that was the case with my Lavis Cannon.

I've actually never grinded for a rare in my life...

Usually I just get lucky and find it after a few runs.

Or if I don't, I just look for the next one, or go help a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    I've actually never grinded for a rare in my life...

Usually I just get lucky and find it after a few runs.

Or if I don't, I just look for the next one, or go help a friend.
    Same here. I just get it when it comes.

Only rare i ever grinded for, ever, in any PS game, was Psycho Wand from PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Statistically, there's diminishing returns when it comes to repeated attempts at a random outcome. If I rolled that 100 sided die twice, I would not have a 2% chance that one of the rolls would wind up being the number I wanted. It would more be along the lines of 1.9something%
    At 100 rolls, my overall odds of ONE of those rolls being what I want would statistically only be around 65%.

That's why that one item you spent weeks hunting for finally drops in a nondescript random run. At least that was the case with my Lavis Cannon.
    And at infinite rolls, your odds are 100%. That is, keep looking and you're guaranteed to get it eventually. Eventually.

Not much consolation though, is it?
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Only rare i ever grinded for, ever, in any PS game, was Psycho Wand from PSU.
    Isn't that comparatively easy since you can just synth it yourself? I never played PSU online.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Isn't that comparatively easy since you can just synth it yourself? I never played PSU online.
    Yeah, you had to synth the weapon by using the synth board plus the required ingredients. Which basically meant that you first had to grind for the weapon's "instruction manual" to drop, and THEN you had to grind for all the wood pieces, gemstones and photon drops to build the weapon. AND THEN you had to wait and hope the synth didn't just fail and completely nullify all the previous efforts.

~*~
    Please feel free to add me on PSZ, but do PM to let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimhart View Post
    Yeah, you had to synth the weapon by using the synth board plus the required ingredients. Which basically meant that you first had to grind for the weapon's "instruction manual" to drop, and THEN you had to grind for all the wood pieces, gemstones and photon drops to build the weapon. AND THEN you had to wait and hope the synth didn't just fail and completely nullify all the previous efforts.
    That's one thing I hated in PSP2...

They took out synthing, but then decided to add default elements to guns and rods, like striking weapons have.

So you had to find the one you wanted AND it was another 1/7 chance to get the element you want, added on top of it being a good percent or not. AND S RANK WEAPONS AREN'T TRADEABLE.

At that point I stopped caring about elements.

though this isn't a handheld and it's not overrun by hackers,(as far as we know) so I'm sure they won't play us dirty with a no-trade policy thingie.