Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

I'll go ahead and fix that now. I do mix up letters sometimes by accident.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Okay, so there were three important parts that played a huge roll in landing ultimate damage.

1. Say hello to what my friend dubbed, the God Hadan Bite:

Hadan Bite Celeb Lv 4 0/41/37/60/44 Bite Stamp

Pay attention to that 60% dark there, it's going to be important later. Time and time again, my friend and I rolled and re-rolled Hadan Bites to get the best one possible. He managed to get this one, which he gave to me before he quit. The level 4 Celeb makes this thing an absolute monster, one-shotting most spawns on Dark Shrine with no chains built.

2. The Character build: Pure Power. My only character is a level 100 HUcast with 80 power mats and a 100 power mag. For my armor, I slotted three Divine Powers and one Element Boost, which brought the Hadan Bite up to Celeb Lvl 5, which is the level cap on elements.

3. The Perfect Team. It took only three of us to pull it off. One was a newman Force, with max level buffs, and the other was a human Ranger.

We chose to do it on Dark Falz for two reasons: 1, he is the only boss whom you can chain constantly and 2, we had a 60% dark weapon lying around haha. The other two people were equipped with Grow Shower pistols for chaining, which did as minimal damage as possible, and I had my Ajax shield with Barrier Shift.

Basically, while the other two built up the chain on Dark Falz, I spammed Barrier Shift on us to keep us invincible the whole time. Once the chain got to 40-ish, I quickly switched to the Hadan Bite and used Bite Stamp. Dark falz died in one hit (which was pretty awesome) so we had to wait until we were back in the lobby to see how much damage I did. Obviously, we could have gone much higher if we had done a better chain, but at 30+ chains, it gets really risky, as the chain can sometimes drop immediately for absolutely no reason.

So there you go. And believe it or not, I'm actually number 2 on my DS's ranking list. My friend who was the force had a HUcast alt with pretty much the exact same setup as mine, except he had an Ainsraffe Celeb Lv 3 60% dark, and told me they chained to 51 before he blew it up. His grand total was 19059.

PSU - Retired - Syonu Lvl 160 Cast
    PSŲ - Retired - Syonu Lvl 100 HUcast

PSP2 - Syonu Lvl 200 Cast HU-30 RA-30 VA-30 FO-26
    Rare Weapon Registry: 105/112 Titles Earned: 204/250
    Weapon Collection Rate: 91.90%

And as far as the 100-chain combo, I did it in a group of four people (ChaosMaster and a few other folks), against Dark Falz. Three of us were equipped with Grow Showers, and the 4th person had a shield with Barrier Shift. When we got to the boss portal in Dark Shrine, we all popped a Reset Material to get rid of any Power mats we may have had equipped, and only had Divine Hit armor units and 100 Hit mags equipped to do as little damage as possible.

Same thing as before, when we got to Dark Falz, we all just started shooting at him like crazy to build the chain up. It took us a few tries though, because randomly the chain would drop out a few times in the 60's and 70's. And also, the chain was different on everyone's game. There were times where the chain dropped on my game, but to everyone else it kept going, and vice versa. We eventually got it though, and the chains cap at 100. We did it a few times just to be sure, and everytime the chain would reset to 1 immediately after hitting 100.

I can't believe I never thought of Barrier Shift. Nice going.

If chains really do cap at 100, then I may remove the chain rankings in the future. In my experiences with chaining, you have to wait for another party member to get their 3rd hit in before you do. If you do 6 hits before anyone else can do 3, the chain often breaks for me.

Do you think it would be possible to pull off a 4-chain midgul in the nick of time and use Lv4 celeb Over End w/ 65% dark at a 100chain with a pure power HUcast? I suppose it would do more damage on Trinity's head, but like you said, it's a bit too risky.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Sweet, I voulenteer to be PSZ Revival official Barrier Shifter for bosses xD

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Wow, that's pretty clever. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad to see some PSZ players out there are willing to accomplish max damage and chains without using that Falz glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks View Post
    I can't believe I never thought of Barrier Shift. Nice going.

If chains really do cap at 100, then I may remove the chain rankings in the future. In my experiences with chaining, you have to wait for another party member to get their 3rd hit in before you do. If you do 6 hits before anyone else can do 3, the chain often breaks for me.

Do you think it would be possible to pull off a 4-chain midgul in the nick of time and use Lv4 celeb Over End w/ 65% dark at a 100chain with a pure power HUcast? I suppose it would do more damage on Trinity's head, but like you said, it's a bit too risky.
    Your precision would be have to be pretty ridiculous to get a 4-chain Midgul off without dropping the chain. I'm sure it is possible but...have fun with that one haha.

The thing with Trinity's head, is that I'd imagine she would probably die before you ever got the chain to 100. She doesn't have much health, though I've never tried chaining on her before.

Also on a side note, I noticed that on the front page you said the Weapon Collection Rate caps at 100, it actually caps at 105.

@DoctorShanks - *Sigh* You know who to ask when it comes to Midgul...

...Heh, me and Midgul. I just have this thing with trying to prove that Midgul is a good PB to use, compared to, but certainly not better than Flozir.

Midgul is legit. My main problem with it is just how short it lasts.