Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

That's like saying I hate making hamburgers for my family because I work at mcdonalds and I'm too lazy to do something I used to doing But you wouldn't have a valid perspective because you don't work at IT- I mean Mcdonalds.

Which changes NUH-TING!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Sega has to invest interest in this game for a long time. Another problem with a service like onlive, especially since it's still fairly new, there's the opportunity for it to fail early in the game's life-cycle leaving those players stranded and forcing them to pick up the actual PC version. This in addition to the fact that this kind of service will soon hit a bubble thanks to competing services like Gaikai, and Gamestop's service requires Sega to select which service is right and hope that bubble doesn't burst. Now granted ANY of these services at any time could simply negotiate with Sega to release it with minimal support and they just get a nice large check.
    Last edited by PrinceBrightstar; Nov 1, 2011 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    Yes, it doesn't happen every single time you use your PC, but issues do arise and they arise far more often than you'll ever see on a console. Feel free to be dismissive and arrogant since apparently only you can have a valid perspective.
    Xbox 360.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    Yes, it doesn't happen every single time you use your PC, but issues do arise and they arise far more often than you'll ever see on a console. Feel free to be dismissive and arrogant since apparently only you can have a valid perspective.
    I had my first PC for a decade until it finally gave up on me. In a little more than that same time I have gone through about 1 xbox, 4 xbox 360s, 2 ps3s, 4 PS2s, and 2 PSPs. Granted, one of the PSPs fell off my motorcycle, but I can still count it as a loss. So, 2 of those.

Completely irrelevant to PCs or consoles, I've had my atari lynx for 2 decades now. And yeah, it still plays ninja gaiden fine.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

The xbox is a unique case and the issue isn't present. Even then, the act of replacing one, which happened to me 3 times, took me half an hour. Walk into store, grab a new one, and give them the old one. This once every 6 months or so during launch.

Can we remember to factor in the time it takes to LEARN how computers work? Forget the time it takes to buy PC parts, have them shipped, and put it together: first you must invest the time to learn how a PC works, then what the different parts do and how they go together, and then more research learning about the options for parts you can buy, which ones are most efficient and cost-effective for the way you will use the PC, and finally decide what to get.

And then you have to buy the parts, have them shipped, and build it. And if you make a mistake, oh well! There goes anywhere from a few bucks to $500!

So yeah, saying "anyone who isn't computer illiterate can build a computer" is way different then saying "anyone who isn't illiterate can read a book." Fact is most gamers can read, far less know enough about a computer to build one without extensive research.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I LEARNI DIT IN HIGHSCHOL

LIK A BOSS

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

o_O

Over here if you buy all the parts the shop offers free assembly. Pretty sure iBuyPower offers the same, probably NewEgg too.

Or you could just buy an Apple or something.

Not to mention, a computer today is about as necessary as a lifestyle item as a TV or Radio was 10 to 20 years ago. Over here they actually teach computers and programming in school to kids aged like, 10 or 12 or something. So the maintenance, however much or little there is will have to be done anyway.

The only real cost for a PC that can play games is the graphics card. Just about everything else - including basic technical proficiency with computers, is needed to sync the smartphone and tablet, watch Youtube, post on Facebook and Twitter, edit that home video, Photoshop your friend's head on some model's body etc.

Well, maybe a better power supply too, if you're using some awful 350W OEM power supply, but anyone who sticks with that is asking for trouble anyway.

btw, so far my computer has -never- acted up on me unless I intentionally made it act up to test the limits of its overclocking and undervolting capabilities.
    Last edited by Selphea; Nov 2, 2011 at 02:38 AM.

If you're on this forum, you're competent enough with computer software to use it for gaming. Hell, people who use their computer exclusively for Facebook and Farmville are competent enough to use it for gaming. I'm not sure where this idea that gaming on computer requires involved technical knowledge comes from.

If you can't (or won't) build your own PC... there are online boutiques where you can buy pre-configured and custom PC builds that don't require assembly or lengthy setup. And they generally come with a warranty and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    I had my first PC for a decade until it finally gave up on me. In a little more than that same time I have gone through about 1 xbox, 4 xbox 360s, 2 ps3s, 4 PS2s, and 2 PSPs. Granted, one of the PSPs fell off my motorcycle, but I can still count it as a loss. So, 2 of those.

Completely irrelevant to PCs or consoles, I've had my atari lynx for 2 decades now. And yeah, it still plays ninja gaiden fine.
    That's crazy. I have been a console player almost my entire life and I have never had to replace a system once because it failed on me. If anything I have had to replace/fi my computer more often. And once I had the RRoD which was covered under the warranty. Couldn't play the system for a month but that just forced me to play other games I might not have considered.