• Newearl

67 29.91%
  • Cast

63 28.13%
  • Caseal

55 24.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

If these bastards were smart, they'd do away with "fists" and adopt a fighting weapon more like Beowulf / Gilgemesh from DMC3/4, where you have weapons on your hands AND feet.

I seriously hope they tone down the ridiculous attacks in this game. I'd like to feel more like a Human than some kind of odd...thing.

Riding on my Spear was cool for like, the first 3 times i did it. Then it just got annoying.

Yeah, I personally like semi over-the-top attacks...

By end game.

I like the feeling of first setting foot in a new game world and feeling pretty weak, because I know there is a lot of room for growth and development. If I can fight like an expert magic ninja space pirate, and unleash 10 hit combos that involve me doing 3 somersaults in the air from the get-go... The whole process of having to level your character is cheapened.

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

Agreed. over the top isn't neccesarily 'better'. Kinda why I liked PSO better than PSU. Attacks were more down to earth(at least at the beginning)
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scejntjynahl;2701743[B
    ]All this talk about PA's... makes me wonder if we can fight with our bare hands without any weapon equipped?[/B] I kind of miss that from old PSO. I also miss that HUcaseals had different animations for certain attacks. They really should bring that back.
    Check the sticky, brah. You can attack with your fists whenever a weapon isn't equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by RLbitClassica View Post
    yeah, using your hands was just a joke in PSZ. I don't remember if it was useful in the original PSO or not.
    It wasn't. But like Michaeru mentioned, there were invisible gloves that used the default animations of attacking but gave you a HUGE attack boost. Brave Knuckle ftw. :3c

In PSO, the only thing I remember bare-hand attack was useful for was to go through walls.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

It wasn't very useful, but it was fun when you would play with lower levels and just run around kicking and punching shit to death. And some characters had different attacking animations.

It was just a little perk of the game i guess.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Well "fist" weapons/combat always used both arms and legs right? In general I just want them to be useful because I like choosing the "monk" class.

As for the action being over the top or whatever...

Yeah I'd rather this game be more like Zelda than Kingdom hearts. But I think PSP2i and the already beastmode combos we've seen just from the Alpha Test pretty much kills any hope of that.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

HUnewm main.
    FOcaseal sub.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    Stupid final fantasy, now I'm hoping there's a PA for whatever spear-type weapon we have that's like the dragoon jump. D:
    Jabroga for spears.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Pssh. Why would you want that when we have a PA that lets us ride our spears like a fucking surf board.

Totally radical, dude. 8D
    That's nothing. Here's where they got the inspiration for it, another Sega series (they still pull names from it for characters in promo screenshots for PSO/U, too):

1:40

Nothing beats having a BFS that's also a pulse rifle, laser cannon, and has the ability to transform into a surfboard and used as the best ramming attack ever invented.

Of course, the best part is when it fails in an abrupt and anticlimactic fashion (as seen here).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."