Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation WIP

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nidramag View Post
    asdf
    Point = If nothing is going on for a while, when people are waiting for something. Threads will get derailed. This conversation being proof.

34 days sounds like plenty of derail time.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidramag View Post
    Try not to take offense, your words did seem a little impatient. We all want this patch to come (well, most of us, anyway)

Coldbird is busy, and we all appreciate immensely what he's started here. It'll be done when it's done - fire for the project isn't out.
    Absolutely true!
    "

"Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Weapon Guide and Drop location at www.gm-leonsky.blogspot.com "
    Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want to add drop location or weapon screen shots. Just follow the format in the guide.

I have my final exam on Tuesday, and my final report due the week after that, so I'll see about getting back on the google doc after that.

I have my final exam on Tuesday, and my final report due the week after that, so I'll see about getting back on the google doc after that.
    Great!
    PSPo: Ker M Beast Lv.81 FM Lv.10
    PSPo2: Helel M Beast Lv.114 HU Lv.22
    PSPo2i: Helel M Beast Lv.3 HU Lv.1

im trying to figoure out wich CFW to use and stuff and if need the magic stick battery thing.

Coldbird did mention that it's only PRO compatible, which is an open source CFW. Just install it and run it.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

With this talk of translations, the thought occurred to me recently of the possibility of a universal game translator. Text translators have been hit or miss on mobile devices using augmented reality apps to recognize text, translate, and reapply a graphic overlay in the desired language. One such example of the better translators is Word Lens and their Spanish to English AR app.

Now, of course this does little to help the PSP2i and other current JP PSP imports, and such a project may well be quickly overshadowed by more powerful general purpose translators & hardware in the mobile market. Still... if feasible, it could be a powerful tool in the interim for future hardware (like perhaps the Vita which was, I hear, was already jailbroken two days after it's JP launch).

Could a software layer be developed to run in tandem with a game, pull display information straight from buffer to analyze, and then translate/overlay on the screen in real/semi-real time? Or, perhaps, could a small remote camera mounted to a pair of glasses be implemented to capture and send video information back to the console for the translation? If a software solution is unfeasible, perhaps something could be done similarly via bluetooth using a smartphone and a mount?

I realize that such a project would take quite a lot to get off the ground, especially for such a niche market. It would take constant revisioning for new console/phone iterations/platforms, and/or outside hardware pre-requisites for end users, but once the basic infrastructure is in place - I envision open-source software will take care of much of the compatibility issues - as well as "libraries" for individual games that can be loaded to handle game-specific translations and from which any small fanbase could compile and implement. A measure to help prevent the horrid "google translate" mangling of game text.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

ok downloaded latest thing and ran the proupdate and everythign went through ithink it still comes back to the normal psp bios after installing like press x to install cfw

then installes and reboot promethius.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaton View Post
    ok downloaded latest thing and ran the proupdate and everythign went through ithink it still comes back to the normal psp bios after installing like press x to install cfw

then installes and reboot promethius.
    What are you talking about?
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Data:
    Sieghart Beast M Lv140

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    With this talk of translations, the thought occurred to me recently of the possibility of a universal game translator.
    That kind of translators could work for single words, but I doubt any automatic translator will be good enough to translate full sentences without butchering the meaning, at least not within the next few decades.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"