Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

In the worst case, the eligible languages will be Japanese and Corean...

Quote Originally Posted by Yamishi View Post
    Honestly, if there's an English release with separate servers, I'll play until the first update that gets delayed. As soon as we start lagging behind, I'm jumping ship to JP servers.

That said, the JP Alpha-2 client DOES have a "Language" option in it, it's just that Japanese is the only available language. Maybe they'll just slap a few more in there and do a global release. Here's hoping, eh?
    I'm betting on the Japanese version only ever having the one language option (since they're the master race and all that), and the dirty western version having multiple languages since we'll all be lumped together.

I will absolutely be importing. As an English speaker who has had a high motivation for learning Japanese, the language barrier is still there, but not as intimidating. I have gotten a lot better at the language since playing Japanese PSU. Also from my experience playing PSU on both the US and UP servers I see the great benefits of importing. Namely content. I have found that more and more of the importing community has felt similar to this and I have not had any trouble finding English speakers to play with and I can always fall back on playing with the "natives" if needed. (i have even made a few good friends on the server who are Japanese.) I found that the people willing to deal with the language barrier are generally much nicer to play with than the crews I used to run with on the US server. Maybe it has to do with a higher appreciation for what small importing community we have. Needless to say I will not have to worry about a server getting shut down and not have to wait for content. Not to mention the many many community resources available for menu and item translations. Though its not as easy as simply being able to read it, if the will is there it can be done. I know many of my old friends have no will to import, but I have found that it is worth the effort. If the game happens to get globally unified servers then that will be a plus but I will be getting the Japanese version for sure.

tl;dr,
    Yes importing is a go for me.
    PSU JP/ * 生気 * CAST (F) Lv. 180 (GT-20) [r.i.p.]
    PSO2 JP / 生気 Newman (F) [RA 40, FO 25]

I knew there were a lot of Japanophiles on this site. Only now do I realize just how many.

Lol yes guilty as charged. But nonetheless the Phantasy Star franchise is dear to my childhood as like many of us here
    PSU JP/ * 生気 * CAST (F) Lv. 180 (GT-20) [r.i.p.]
    PSO2 JP / 生気 Newman (F) [RA 40, FO 25]

Quote Originally Posted by Khasar View Post
    We should get a list of those getting the JP version when it's announced so we can add each other as friends and the like. At least we be able to talk with English players ^_^
    Agreed

Just like i got JP-PSU when it was released ( even tho i know not a word of jp ) i will get PSO2JP once it´s released.

I've been importing since V2. I have no plans to stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by gundam0079 View Post
    ill be importing if no US/EU release date is confirmed when this games come time to be released. katakana and hiragana is not that hard to read when you get used to it
    You're absolutely right here. That's why the language barrier isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Just need a good memory if nothing else. Learn some simple phrases and you'll be good for most parties, especially with drops independent between the players there's no question of who gets what, and no chance you could accidentally pick up something someone else wanted.

As for me, I was sold about 5 minutes into my first run.

I thought somewhere on the original PSO2 site (Not the alpha page) it said that the game would be 6,000 yen. I mighta been looking at something else though...it's been a while since I saw that (When I was signing up for the alpha is when I saw this, so I might have accidentally related something else to PSO2 considering what I was doing).
    Last edited by Polantaris; Jan 31, 2012 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    I knew there were a lot of Japanophiles on this site. Only now do I realize just how many.
    Can't be too far from them, posting here.

I dont see the point in calling someone a "Japanophile" (whatever that means lol) for wanting to play an assured decent version of the game.