Page 158 of 197 FirstFirst ... 58108148155156157158159160161168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1968

Quote Originally Posted by kazuma56 View Post
    What's wrong with the first PC? only reason i'm eyeing it is because it seems to be the most recent when it comes to support for hardware (ddr3 vs ddr2) and i'm not sure which has the better clock speed but i know at least the first one is 3.1 GHZ....
    Honestly hadn't looked at the 1st one since it didn't have a nice picture like the rest and had to copy and paste the URL.

In any case, the first one is fine if you're going to be purchasing your own video card after the fact. But honestly, all the computers you've linked are dated. The Athlon II X4 in the first one is dated, the Q8200 in the third one is dated. All the graphic options are highly dated. But any of them would run PSO2 decently enough at your low target resolution, and the third one with the ATI 3870X2 would run it the most decently.

The Q8200 in the third one and the Athlon X4 in the first one are really in about the same league, though I believe the Q8200 is actually stronger. Regardless, if you're going to get your own video card separately, saving the money with the first one and investing that into a better graphics card is probably a superior option.

However, like I said, no matter which of those you choose, you're buying into a dated system. You'd be better off finding a cheap, entry-level Sandy Bridge-based system (with a Sandy-Bridge Pentium or Core i3) and sticking your own video card into that if you're not willing to build your own rig.

I didn't play Alpha/Closed Beta so i don't know if my PC will run PSO2 good.

Intel Core i5 750
    Radeon HD 4670
    4GB DDR3 RAM

I do plan on getting more RAM since that's pretty easy, my GPU on the other hand, was something cheap I got when I built my PC 2 years ago because I needed a GPU. I'd like to get an HD 6870 but probably after PSO2 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    But honestly, all the computers you've linked are dated.
    This. That's why I could never recommend any of those systems. If you knew how to build a PC, then I'd point you to this:
    http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...uide/Guide.png
    Otherwise, save your money and follow kyuuketsuki advice.

If you don't know if you computer will run it, why not just use the benchmark.

Also if people don't know, nvidia released a new driver that uses a new anti aliasing that is a lot less resource heavy called FXAA. If you haven't, then update to the newest driver. You can set FXAA to override the anti aliasing options in any actual game. I tried it with PSO and got a very slight improvement. But I'm on a 9600GT and apparently it's supposed to also give a bigger boost to newer cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadownami92 View Post
    If you don't know if you computer will run it, why not just use the benchmark.

Also if people don't know, nvidia released a new driver that uses a new anti aliasing that is a lot less resource heavy called FXAA. If you haven't, then update to the newest driver. You can set FXAA to override the anti aliasing options in any actual game. I tried it with PSO and got a very slight improvement. But I'm on a 9600GT and apparently it's supposed to also give a bigger boost to newer cards.
    FXAA = MSAA at x4, so if you like x8 MSAA but your card can't handle it, use x4 MSAA in conjunction with FXAA+^_^+ and the beta driver with FXAA came out in January i think and it helped me get my slider to 5 for PSO2 CBT and it just rocks+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    Honestly hadn't looked at the 1st one since it didn't have a nice picture like the rest and had to copy and paste the URL.

In any case, the first one is fine if you're going to be purchasing your own video card after the fact. But honestly, all the computers you've linked are dated. The Athlon II X4 in the first one is dated, the Q8200 in the third one is dated. All the graphic options are highly dated. But any of them would run PSO2 decently enough at your low target resolution, and the third one with the ATI 3870X2 would run it the most decently.

The Q8200 in the third one and the Athlon X4 in the first one are really in about the same league, though I believe the Q8200 is actually stronger. Regardless, if you're going to get your own video card separately, saving the money with the first one and investing that into a better graphics card is probably a superior option.

However, like I said, no matter which of those you choose, you're buying into a dated system. You'd be better off finding a cheap, entry-level Sandy Bridge-based system (with a Sandy-Bridge Pentium or Core i3) and sticking your own video card into that if you're not willing to build your own rig.
    if i'm able to run pso 2 with HD settings and 60+ fps i'm cool with that...again im not looking for top end with the knowledge of ivy bridge cpu dropping soon as well as various other developments on portable gaming via laptops....if i can play games for another year or 3 (guild wars 2, tera etc) I should save enough by then to make my own monster PC....but i will check te q8200 vs the athlon quad though

LMAO!

Took a lot of tinkering. Set resolution to 800x450, MLAA in AMD control panel, turned anti-aliasing on in game; all other effects off, Texture resolution to 3. Also had to play around with the interface size in the benchmark file. But PSO2 on a netbook baby! Now i can put off getting a new comp for a little while longer.

Edit: I found a slightly better approach for people with low specs. When you use virtual full screen it generally makes the text really jagged. If you turn down your monitor's resolution and then set virtual full scree to the size of your monitor you can play the game in native resolution at full screen.

At 'native' 1024x600 with everything turned off.

For anyone interested in the lower limit of what's needed to run PSO2. I did more tweaking and managed to get this:

Definitely the better specs you have the better, but it is possible to run the game at a decent frame rate on lower-end computers.
    Last edited by Kion; May 27, 2012 at 01:30 AM.

Hey Guys looking around at stuff online

What's your opinion on the AMD Radeon HD 6630M?
    Newmans are not tools for your war!

Quote Originally Posted by Sayuri Stardust View Post
    Hey Guys looking around at stuff online

What's your opinion on the AMD Radeon HD 6630M?
    Depending on your resolution, will definitely run PSO2 just fine. Should be able to handle most other recent games at medium settings as well.

i3 with 6470M runs 720p full setting, shaders off gets a score of 6000 on the benchmark. 6630M shouldn't have any problems.

Default PSO2 computer

I'm building a computer for PSO 2. I've got most of my stuff (quad core intel, radeon gfx card, 24" Asus LED 5ms monitor)

Really what I'm curious on is the amount of RAM. I do all my photo editing and school work on my Mac. I'm pretty much using this 100% for PSO, might consider using it as HTPC as well... I'm thinking 8GB? Would I even notice a difference (on this game) between 4GB and 8GB?

I don't plan on running this game windowed with "Normal" or "Low" quality graphics. I plan on running it 1920x1080 HQ Fullscreen, so anything you might want to throw in that is a necessity for smooth gameplay don't hesitate to make sure I meet certain recommendations you may have.