Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default If the Wii-U fails, will Nintendo go third party like SEGA?

http://www.gamefreaks365.com/newsarticle.php?sid=4520

“Is that it?”
    This was my immediate reaction following Nintendo’s grand unveiling of their new Wii U console at their pre-E3 press conference.
    Even as the most die-hard Nintendo ‘fan-boy’ in the room, I was extremely underwhelmed by the presentation. This was a completely stunning event for me because I couldn’t understand how Nintendo, of all the companies, could fail to impress one of their most loyal fans.
    Needless to say, I spent the rest of that day pondering this question.
    What Nintendo did manage to do at its E3 press conference is unveil those games that are slated for both launch and the ‘launch window’ of the Nintendo Wii U?These games included first party games like Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros. U; as well as third party games like ZombiU, Lego City Undercover, Rayman Legends and Scribblenauts Unlimited. The conference then wrapped up with what Nintendo expects to be the Wii U’s Wii Sports, the one and only Nintendoland.
    If you would like to be on my friends list for PS0 or get codes for others, visit this link: http://bit.ly/ii9L2f

I can tell your not impressed with Nintendo right now, even as a die hard fan.....

Now I am not one to say I hate Nintendo all together, but even I saw them failing at some point in time...just didn't think it be this soon in the game....
    “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.”
    http://twitter.com/#!/layfette0911

I am relying more on the 'experts' for my next gen console purchase. It's too easy to give into corporate hype rather than rely on the facts.

And with that said, 4 different websites have already come out against the Wii-U. That doesn't mean is a fail. It just means Nintendo needs to work harder.
    Posts like mine are supposed to help, not hurt. It's like sounding an alarm.

Sony right now, with the Vita, is learning what it means to rely too much on the wrong people and not listen to the consumers. Price drop by $30-50 would sell them like McDonalds.
    If you would like to be on my friends list for PS0 or get codes for others, visit this link: http://bit.ly/ii9L2f

I buy the next gen consoles for collective reasoning to be honest, and because I do that I benefit no matter what..lol

I tried going with the crowd back in the day but their views were not of my own so i never agreed with them fully. Some people said sega dreamcast was not worth it, and for myself I still play PSO on it so it was a sound investment.
    “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.”
    http://twitter.com/#!/layfette0911

People were against the Wii when it first came out >_> Nintendo always wins, just takes them about a year for everyone to realize it. Once they get their games straight, it'll be fine. You really think they'll fail? It may not do as good over here but Japan eats this shit up like candy.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

The idea is Wii-U isn't meant to market to the main gamer base in the usual way. It's marketed like the Wii to be an easily-accessible, open system. Nintendo is touting its casual power and has some big dreams for the product already. I don't see them failing at any point. I think Microsoft might, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    The idea is Wii-U isn't meant to market to the main gamer base in the usual way. It's marketed like the Wii to be an easily-accessible, open system. Nintendo is touting its casual power and has some big dreams for the product already. I don't see them failing at any point. I think Microsoft might, though.
    I agree completely besides the part about microsoft, I hate them but I dont see them falling.
    Just because Nintendo had a pretty bad E3 (ALONG with mind you Sony and Microsoft in terms of NEW games) doesnt mean they are set to fail. Miyamoto just talked about how they are working on "Zelda Wii U" and Im sure we'll see the return of Star Fox and Metriod along with hopefully F-Zero. Not to mention Reggie stated that Retro Studios was in the works with a new game, of course he didnt give any details though.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...ks-zelda-wii-u

Dont lose hope yet, the Wii U isnt even out yet and people are already bashing out it mind you JUST like they did with the Wii. People hated that at first, and when it launched it did far better then anyone expected.

I think by now Nintendo knows what they are doing, and wont make bad business decisions like Sega did for example

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Honestly...?

I think the Wii-U came out 5 years too late.

I can't even call myself a "Die-Hard" nintendo fan anymore, compared to back in the day when I could always rely on them to have a good game ready for me. I'm not sure what they're doing anymore if anything.

But hopefully Wii-U and 3DS can still bring us some fun games. Like back in the gameboy color/advance days when there were dozens of games from main franchises to choose from like zelda, mario, metroid and kirby (TL;DR all of brawl superstars didn't get ignored as much as they do now.)

But to stop my rambling there because I'm just realizing something. That's all they realy HAVE to do to satisfy me. Actually make GAMES. Instead of constantly trying to make these "gimmicky" versions of them because it's "unique" If anything I've always hated and ignored their "unique" games in the past, so it's kind of a kick in the balls for all their fans when they could make a game like...

*typical kirby adventure*

and

*not so typical kirby adventure where you have to do something stupid the whole game like fart into a microphone to fill him up with air then shake your wii-mote so he can walk to the next screen and solve some boring puzzle instead of just platforming and absorbing monsters to kill stuff like you'd normally do*

Then nintendo would just... MAKE THE LATTER ONE ANYWAY because they're post DS Nintendo and all the extra loyal fans(Not a lot of people) force themselves to buy the game because nintendo made it, then it's a disappointment and nobody EVER brings it up again. (Seriously? who the hell was talking about Kirby Epic Yarn?)

So yeah their "being unique obsession" went from making them original... To just making games nobody wants. And then it doesn't help that they seem so afraid to make games from their own popular series' that aren't mario. And even then! How many times am I gonna have to play New Super Mario bros with "different" levels? THIS AIN'T MEGAMAN!

But that's just my point of view, I dunno what the hell goes on at nintendo because I stopped paying "THAT MUCH" attention to them.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...en_in_the_bank

Nintendo have about £6.7/$10.5 billion in the bank. With another £3.8/$6.0 billion held in premises, equipment and investments. So um yeah gonna need a bit more than the wiiU failing for them to go 3rd party.

It's much more likely that Sony will be the one going third-party, if not outright dissolving the PlayStation division. I say this based on the fact that it (alongside their TV division) has been hemorraging money for quite a while now, and with the Vita flopping and not getting the support it needs, it seems like Sony is struggling to get to the PS4 (and may not even make it that far, depending on how stupid they are about things from here on out).

Nintendo has a lot of money right now. As great as it would be to see Nintendo games with Nintendo quality on a console by someone who has not had their head up their ass for the past generation, it's significantly more likely that Nintendo will be the only ones left in the console/handheld market, and then we'll see some sort of set-top internet/TV streaming box capable of playing games dropped in by Apple and/or Google.

But that would be a terrible world.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."