Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BahnKnakyu View Post
    In the meantime, I strongly urge you to learn hiragana and katakana. It can go a long way - it's a lot of syllables and symbols to learn but it will help you tremendously if you're planning on playing this game for any length of time.
    I don't know about you but most people don't have enough free time to play this game AND learn a language just so you can play this exact game.

And sure you can argue that learning Japanese, or at least part of it, will always be useful later in life, but Japan is a dying economy and there are better languages for that.

Well I have taken Japanese 1 in my freshman year and even though most people don't know japanese (I know half of the stuff I learned I already forgot), hiragana is what they teach you first in class, but personally, katakana might be a good start in my opinion because all the words that use in katakana are just english words that are spelled based off their pronounciation.
    Ex: ピンク (pinku) is the japanese word for the color pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Chives View Post
    You will get arrested by the power rangers.
    but this is Phantasy Star....so would it not be Burning Rangers? ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Hunter View Post
    Ex: ピンク (pinku) is the japanese word for the color pink.
    ももいろ (momoiro) is the japanese word for pink.

(also, don't take this seriously)
    Last edited by Itsuki; Jun 21, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoi View Post
    For those asking when, "soon".

For those asking why...

(Snipped out unrelated info)
    [16:34] <Ekoi> Greetings. I'm not here to ask "when will it be ready." If you don't mind my asking, is there a certain reason why the PSO2 english patch isn't ready? I've heard conflicting things on forums and I figured I'd try to get it from the horse's mouth.
    [16:34] <Agrajag> Can't make it load in the game.
    [16:37] <Agrajag> Ekoi: Basically, can't build archives that the game will load at the moment. That's the only problem, but it's crippling.
    [16:37] <@Mewn> Much of it has been translated I think, although we're still waiting on Tycho to upload what he has done
    [16:38] <Bahn> but yeah, the stuff's ready but the game is going "no u" to the files they're trying to force feed to it.
    10 internet points the game is somehow checking file size+^_^+ i remember the patch files were larger then the JP ones in cbt+^_^+

I've been studying Japanese for 3 years and I still can't read half the Kanji in this game. Studying Hiragana/katakana will help but it won't help you with actual story elements and the more detailed stuff. Though, dialogue is pretty easy to understand as long it's spoken.

I'm going to start Path of Exile for now and hope that English text thing comes around somewhere.. ya know.. that thing.

I too cant wait for the english patch to be updated and working for the obt, and hopefully Sega does not switch things up for the full game release (like they did for the CBT and the pre-OBT and OBT). That would be a huge middle finger from sega of japan.

It's part of being a beta. They are identifying and fixing problems and perfecting the client. Things aren't changing because Sega is "giving us the finger", things might change because they are ironing out bugs and trying to make the game as secure as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga4523 View Post
    I too cant wait for the english patch to be updated and working for the obt, and hopefully Sega does not switch things up for the full game release (like they did for the CBT and the pre-OBT and OBT). That would be a huge middle finger from sega of japan.

I prey it gets an NA release at some point this year. I really really really do.

I need something new to play. And this would definitely, without a doubt, be it.