Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Yeah, I am a hunter now but I will make a Force next.

Do we know if other classes will be added like in PSU?

I'd like to be a Wartecher again.
    Last edited by ibaraki_ben; Jul 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: added question

Quote Originally Posted by Meevs View Post
    Forword, I've already made my peace with the system as someone explained that the stat tree will make the difference as well as the mag stats(and I love pso...), and i appreciate that those people have read that I haven't played yet, so ive just found out about the maxing out the stat tree and one mag.

----- The defensive side of me----

That's the point... what are you being good at? Leveling? Or are you learning the ins and outs of a class? I'm just a bit reluctant to have a bunch of nubs with all three classes maxed just because they didn't have to worry about putting in any effort.

Also, geisitter, i doubt everyone would be good at all three jobs(which is sad as this is a straight forward game), it wasn't this way in any of the previous, and it won't be in pso2, you say "crippling"... and I say "challenging"..

and I think this way because I have a ffxi background, where if you leveled another job, it took work and time, and all the people that did max out all jobs on xi definitely had to go through challenges as it wasn't an easy task and made people find a job they liked the most, and this created a community in game between different jobs, which was an added bonus, different games ya but, in pso i also knew people who stuck to their fav, and had hunter friends who talked about melee rares and knew force people that talked about how to get techs, and rangers who compared guns and had discussion on when to use different guns

Agree to disagree. I like it the PSO way.

lol scenarios

scenario 1

PSO:

force lvl 10: "hey how did you get that tech?"

force lvl 68: "easiest way to get it is on vh caves from "mob"...

PSO2

force lvl 10: "hey how did he get that tech?"

force lvl 178: "I don't know, just leveling this for fun, you might wanna ask another force"

scenario 2

PSO:

LVL 70 rng: "hey you might wanna use that other spread on the boss"

LvL 45 rng: "cool, i need 2 more pds to get the "blabla" "

PSO2

LVL hunter 145: "hey you flippin nob, don't use that gun, use the other one"

LVL 10 rng: how do you know? aren't you a hunter?

LVL 145: "im lvl 100+ everything, DEW WHAT I SEH!"
    I gotta admit as someone who started at dreamcast PSO this made me crack up more than it should have.

It also made me smile, i was one of those kind of rangers.I knew every gun, i knew the different ranges for each rifle, i knew what was accurate.God i miss those days.

"Don't worry my friend, i am a doctor.Shame i lost my license, but you don't mind, right?"

I used a humar so I can do this.

Thumbs down

No, I will not. At least, that's the plan.

I'm a bit of a character loyalist, though that is a weird thing to say for an MMO.
    I'm still dedicated to what I consider my "main character", and wish to usually
    max said character out before I move on. I usually lose interest before that
    and either quit or make a new character. But that's my inevitable reaction to
    these games, rather than the plan.

I figure just buying more mags for specialization will be cheaper than character
    slots, and less unwieldy than having multiple accounts. On the same hand, it will
    be a way that I may give patronage. I also enjoy the mythos of my character
    formerly being able to perform magic, and now a cast able to do the same
    things, if he should like.

lol, I like this formatting. Tell me if it's annoying.
    Spoiler!

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

I'll be making at least 3 characters.

Yea, I know I could just change classes, but to me thats not as much fun as having a different character for the classes, something about being able to switch characters for different classes just feels better.

Besides, ...11..12 year? tradition says I need my force to go with my ranger!

I'm currently;
    lvl 26 Hunter
    lvl 19 Ranger
    lvl 17 Force

And on another character lvl 18 Hunter.

Trying to level up that third class is tedious due to having no Client Orders really available other than the dailies and you either have to clear all the dailies out before you switch classes so you don't over load yourself with Client Orders, or just not take them, both of which I don't like doing.

As far as leveling... That Lvl 18 Hunter reached Hunter 17, with everything save for free desert and Hard Mode unlocked, in less than a 18 hours roughly. That's not a lot of time for an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Meevs View Post
    So you don't have to make new charecters(and buy them) to switch classes?

You can just level all three with no drawback? I just read in another thread that Cast can easily level up Force without suffering any noticeable penalties? What? Are the level of techs they can use capped?

I'm not likeing that, wheres the individuality? Will everyone level all classes? Will having to find a "good" Force or using your good items when you can't to complete a mission or quest be needed, or any strategy for a group of hunters to win by themselves? Am I thinking old school, where people were either main, forces, hunters, or were in love with being a ranger? And yeah I did know many people who dabbled at other classes and even maxed them all out, but it felt like more people played and stuck with a class of choice, due to char. stats and not wanting to make another...etc...

Maybe I'm missing something, because my friend who has played cb and currently in ob hasn't explained it... I would've played both but I'm waiting to get a new computer, definitely can't wait to get started, but this to me seems like one of the only complaints I have, everything else so far looks fine. Are there any drawbacks to leveling all three classes?
    How is leveling classes on a single char different than on separate chars if you can only equip one at a time and you start leveling each class from level 1?

I have a different class for different characters (gonna only make 2 more characters)
    Although when hybrids get by, it will be something more related to the standard class if i switch that is.

Donīt wanna play hunter style on several characters exactly (at least not in PSO2).
    Last edited by darkante; Jul 4, 2012 at 05:36 AM.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Nah I'll just be sticking with my one class if I do get to play PSO2.
    PSO2
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:
    Level:
    Server:

If I'll ever plan on lvling another class (currently a Hunter), it'll probably be with another character. I like keeping my characters class-specific for some reason. X: