View Poll Results: Which servers will you be playing on?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be playing the English servers only

60 20.13%
  • I will be playing the Japnese servers only

97 32.55%
  • I will be playing the English and Japanese servers

127 42.62%
  • I refuse to play on any of the servers until everything is clear

14 4.70%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    I was talking about people like Kritzinger here:

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-...o2-2013?page=2

He says

This is absolutely wrong. They didn't translate the entire game. They translated what could be mined from the client files, but it doesn't include ANY quest text. Also, they didn't touch any of the spoken dialog at all.
    I think they were able to translate quest objectives just not the entire quest text. But yeah you're right, that dude clearly does not understand localization.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus_The_Force View Post
    Nah brah, most real gamers prolly have multiple characters, and not necessarily the same race or ship brah. Acquiring certain items or evolved mags require different characters to obtain, if you consider another character "starting over" it could infact be laziness
    But this is completely not-true, items are entirely class-based and mag evolutions are based entirely on stat combinations, so there's no reason to make another character outside of looks.

I won't delete my JP server characters, but I will most definitely be playing on the Western Servers. English text, voices, menus? Why thank you very much Sega. I'd much rather take that over swimming in moonspeak while listening to annoying-ass Japanese voice actors. I'm sick of walking around in this game knowing full well that I can't communicate with anyone. Though I'm not expecting much out of it, I'd like to know the story of this game too, without having to read a blog translating it.

I ready Sega, give me English PSO2!
    Last edited by Kimil Adrayne; Jul 10, 2012 at 08:12 PM.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

WAY PAST COOL, BRAH! Drifting Fable's Avatar

I'll be playing both servers.

No reason not to at this point.

I know people IRL who would be willing to play the game but only in English, so I'll probably be on the English servers some. If they are just as updated and supported as the JP servers I'll probably switch over fulltime, unless the english patch turns out well. If it basically ends up being a language toggle then I'll probably just buy an extra character slot.

Though various things could ruin either version for me, such as the English version using terrible voice actors or the Japanese version implementing an IP block.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    People are talking smack about how shitty Sega of US takes care of it's players compared to Sega of Japan that treats there fan base like gold.
    Yep.. agreed. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    Just a reminder that the train wreck that was Final Fantasy XIV is scheduled to re-launch in January of 2013 with the PS3 edition.

If they can do it, I'm sure SOA can do it too.
    Ffmmorpg fan here and I will put more time into xiv, even though PSO was first online game....anyways, XIV seemed like an attempt at a total casual player remake, looks like to me they've listened and made it xi upgraded with a few twist, makes me happy 9 (that its bringing alot of xi to the table) , PSO could always be considered a casual game, but its fanbase made it hardcore, SOA wont be changing mechanics, they'll just screw things up with a local realease, why would they have to fix something they don't have to ruin? Add subs, trans, price changes, call it a day!

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    But this is completely not-true, items are entirely class-based and mag evolutions are based entirely on stat combinations, so there's no reason to make another character outside of looks.
    That part might not be so true.

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least 4 different ranger mag evolutions at level 100, and all 4 of them were unique to a gender and race selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Vylera View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've seen at least 4 different ranger mag evolutions at level 100, and all 4 of them were unique to a gender and race selection.
    Currently, there are no mag evolution unique to a specific gender or race. As Zyrusticae said, they are based on combination of mag stats.

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Currently, there are no mag evolution unique to a specific gender or race. As Zyrusticae said, they are based on combination of mag stats.
    Then I was extremely lucky to have gotten the mag look that I wanted. I felt at ease when I saw the update screenshots of a RAcaseal (what I'm playing) with the mag that I wanted, assuming based on the other ranger screenshots that it was race/gender dependent.

70 r-atk/30 ability is how I got him if anyone's curious.