Page 73 of 448 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683123173 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    ^Goddamn this. As per previous discussion, Nassa is a tough, hardy, whoop-your-ass woman. That being said, I rage ever so slightly every time I notice her knock-kneed standing posture. What the fuck, SEGA. Not everyone's Hatsune Miku.
    Yes, double agreed. There are some scenes where I'm forced to cringe at what Levia is doing. What's especially annoying is how these motions are obviously for a specific type of character, when they should be focusing on animations that are for general character types. If you take half the female NPCs in the game, for instance, these motions won't make sense.

I'd love to have your problems, pondering between what higher quality options are better. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    Well, my desktop res is 1100x something Also
    Spoiler!

Not hard to run it like this for me. Looks the same as yours just saying.
    You are apparently not a very discerning player, at least when it comes to visuals. That's a very low screen resolution, and there's aliasing everywhere.

But if you're happy with it, good on you! Not everyone is going to be able to pick out details like I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tianren View Post
    I am indeed using an Nvidia card, but yes, it is 32x CSAA and 8x transparency supersampling... I am curious however, as to how to turn on the full screen super sampling. I cannot find it in my video card options at all.
    Sent you a PM, just in case you don't check regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Yes, double agreed. There are some scenes where I'm forced to cringe at what Levia is doing. What's especially annoying is how these motions are obviously for a specific type of character, when they should be focusing on animations that are for general character types. If you take half the female NPCs in the game, for instance, these motions won't make sense.
    Agreed wholeheartedly. The running stance in particular is kind of annoying on Teranu, who looks about as boyish as a girl can possibly get without actually having a pair of testicles.

Funny, Champions Online has this problem figured out already since you can choose your character's default mood and stance...

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    I'd love to have your problems, pondering between what higher quality options are better. D:
    Hah! It's a good problem to have, I can tell you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    You are apparently not a very discerning player, at least when it comes to visuals. That's a very low screen resolution, and there's aliasing everywhere.

But if you're happy with it, good on you! Not everyone is going to be able to pick out details like I can.
    You're pictures are big btw. I don't see how the res even matters anyways. It looks the same.

Bored and tired.

(me, not her)

Spoiler!

Posing in the Caves. Yeah.

Spoiler!

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Just some picture
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Indeed I also agree, especially with the background for my character as military, JOE would not stand pigeon toed like Hatsu Miku as Big Olaf put it. Many of the animations for female characters are...very girly for a lack of a better word. I know female character, female animations *derp*, but the animations have about 3 extra steps of exaggeration added to them. That why for the exception of the Salute emote and a couple of others I use the male emotes for my character.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    All I want is a slouch against a wall "pose". And a hand on hip stance.

Aww yeah. Nah, we all gotta be cutesy and shit.
    I smell a new feature in the first expansion pack. Although I could see this happening:

SEGA: You already made a character, right?
    Me: Umm. Yeah?
    SEGA: WELP. Looks like you're paying 5,000 AC for changing your posture from default to something else in the makeover shop.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

The nice thing about F2P game (if such a thing doesn't make your sphincters clench) is that a sensible company is always looking for enticing vanity options to sell to players so they don't have to resort to selling things that would unbalance the game. Perhaps if the JP master race brings it up, new demeanor could appear some day.

I'd buy. This knock kneed garbage doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    You're pictures are big btw. I don't see how the res even matters anyways. It looks the same.
    Well, it matters because it affects the clarity of the image depending on the size of your screen.

For example, 1920x1080 (a.k.a. "1080p") resolution on a 20" monitor is going to look quite a bit clearer than the same resolution on a 28" monitor. This is because the pixels per square inch measurement is greater on the first monitor than the second. (It gets even more ridiculous when it comes to print resolutions, where typical publications require a minimum of 200 pixels, or dots, per inch!) If you have a really small monitor, a higher resolution is generally going to give you less benefit than it would on a much larger monitor.

This is related to texture size (or resolution) because the textures will appear "blurry" on any screen size that is larger than the size of the texture itself. Imagine two planes: one is the monitor, running at 1920x1080; the other is the texture, which has a size of 512x512. From a distance, the texture looks fine, but up close, the texture starts to look blurry because it is being stretched across the entirety of the screen - there are two pixels on the monitor for every one pixel on the texture.

But then take a screen running at 800x600 resolution, and suddenly that exact same texture seems perfectly fine, because it isn't being stretched across a much larger screen. Note that this is also related to the field of view, which is roughly the same on both screens despite the huge disparity in size and resolution.

I hope this helps you to get a sense of what I'm talking about.