Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323940414243 LastLast

I think that's why they wont do it. I don't know if they had issues with the hackers. The language barrier was tougher back then, and most people wouldn't go there.

I think it's all just an excuse though, whatever.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Steam sale? The game is free!

I don't think Valve has the authority to markdown prices on cash shops, at least that's how games like DCUO and Spiral Knights work.
    Spiral knights had a costume pack that was sold as a DLC addon. Steam was able to mark it down for the summer sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Wasn't Spiral Knights developed by a western team? That could've been the main reason it was featured on Steam.
    Sega is the publisher though, so they'd decide if it went on steam or not. Either way, Sega loves Steam enough they were willing to release sonic generations on it (steam even put it on sale a few times) so pso2 on it wouldn't be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    I think that's why they wont do it. I don't know if they had issues with the hackers.
    Security through obscurity never worked. What Sega of Japan should do is only open the source of components prone to exploit and let community helping them to fix bugs. Anti-cheat like Gameguard is just a nuisance than a protection especially after uninstalling the game.
    Stream appears a good choice now that Valve is aiming to provide games on non-Windows operating systems. PSO2 can be played on Linux without Gameguard, I run Character Creation through it via Wine, a layer that emulate Windows.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

If censored, then I think a riot, project rainfall 2, and cash shop boycott is in order.

I don't even know how I feel. I figured this was coming, but yeah. Basically, I don't see any sense of playing the US version just about, since they tend to just rip down servers in less than 5 years. I also don't see the delayed update chain being broken. And then JP version would be giving money to the problem(well at least in PSU), but luckily it's F2P instead. I mean people blame SoA up and down, but I think those guys and gals would happily release localizations of content if given the chance, especially sooner. They kinda get the bad rep for what choices are being made for this version at SoJ... who, despite not wanting to just do global servers, want to control freak the game here into what they think "works", inevitably killing games.

And truth be told, the online gaming market in general here has exploded. People aren't going to give PSO2 a second chance in this market- they'll go to the next F2P game. Though, perhaps F2P could save it somewhat, hackers are going to be the biggest problem. Maplestory is a pretty prime example of what goes wrong there. As well as Runescape- both F2P, both pretty populous really, but with some problems from the whole F2P thing. Then there's the oversaturation of F2P online games here now. It might get a bit lost in a sea of those, and then Sega of Japan has the excuse to take down the server.

I'll probably play the JP one if I play, but I'm not spending AC. Mainly cause, I don't like spending on microtransactions in most games in general.
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal

(cries inside)
    First PSO2 not on a home game system (the little vita don't count), now we're not getting a true global server?
    But I thought that's one of the main reasons why they'd want to go pc/vita only. So everyone gets the same updates and gets to play together once again. Like back in PSO days!

Having current updates surely extends the life of the game. But honestly, most of the charm in playing PSO was the various differnt ppl you meet along the way. And playing together, REGARDLESS of language barrier! That's why there's symbol chat folks. Or the revolutionary preprogrammed chat bubbles they had.

If I stay up super late to play, I can garantee that I can always hook up with someone else online to play across the globe cause it's morning/afternoon to someone else out there!
    Sigh....

I thought they knew this was one of the great things that made PSO great. Look at PS:Zero. Limited as it was, I couldn't be the only one who cried tears of joy when we (PSO community) was all connected once again.
    I'm really surprised that they would'nt find a way to have a truly global server this time around.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

I've been following the news abit and I am not surprised. Sega really needs to learn how to handle problems in-game alot better. I don't know the reason for separating the JP and NA/EU servers but this isn't surprising at all.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

people people, it's all legality issues, Sakai already stated he wants global servers but can't, there are certain laws that are very different in the United States than in Japan, it's just a fail safe for them if they can't find a way around the laws and implement it globally then it's not like they lied to us. I'm sure they are trying to do what they can to have global servers, that's most likely why the release date for the NA/EU version is so far ahead.
    PSO 2 Chararcters:
    Sniper Wolf- RA/HUnewearl main PHnewearl (current)Ship 02 (CBT participant)

Proud leader of Newearls Luv PP

I still hope that the complaints are revolved around the fact content doesn't get handled well by west. Because other than that, seperate servers makes perfect sense. I mean how could you not understand when you're in the game. The fact we all have to gather around 1 specific block on a specific ship says enough. And lets not forget about the fact that this is only clear for diehard fans. Let's not be selfish and think about the rest of the "potential" community.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    Spiral knights had a costume pack that was sold as a DLC addon. Steam was able to mark it down for the summer sale.
    I'd like to take this positively as a sign that Steam + PSO2 could be absolutely awesome.