Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 216168697071727374 ... LastLast

i gave up, i'm installing windows 7 on a small partition and playing from there, it's 2 weeks that i can't play.

I gave up on this game for now. I love playing this game, but I continuesly get one issue after the other that makes it impossible to play for me. I rather wait till SEGA gets it all solved and probably wait for the official English version somewhere 2013. =_=

In the mean time I have enough other games and hobbies that I need to do anyway.

In the maintime i got a new PC but the game is still vulnerable to freezes, i dont know the condition causing it because most people apparently dont seem to get it. But my PC is 100% stable and it did happen on 2 different PCs already.

Its not a complete BSOD, because i can shut down the PSO2 task and then restart, but PSO2 wont be responsive anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    In the maintime i got a new PC but the game is still vulnerable to freezes, i dont know the condition causing it because most people apparently dont seem to get it. But my PC is 100% stable and it did happen on 2 different PCs already.

Its not a complete BSOD, because i can shut down the PSO2 task and then restart, but PSO2 wont be responsive anymore.
    You shut down the game before explorer.exe gets completely raped, but that doesn't mean it will be fixed after being so fucked up.
    Perhaps if you shut down explorer.exe and execute it again will do the trick...
    Anyways, there's something on your PCs messing up with the trollguard.

I use Kaspersky 2012, but apart from that its pretty much clean i guess.

Anyway, im almost certain its some sort of conflict with PSO2 because other games are not having that issue. Sure, the possible impact on the system done by gameguard can be heavy because its rooting itself into critical system tasks, which is can be a bag full of issues.

However, i use that PC for gaming only... there is no other tasks im performing on that machine because its way to critical for my secure computing-PCs when i have programs installed (which comes with games) who may behave like rootkits. So i decided to use a PC which is wholely dedicated for gaming only (and splitted apart from the internal network), in order to avoid many issues when different kind of programs installed.

Gameguard isnt the only headache, Steam** is another one. So i simply had to make the decision, either i split the game PC apart and execute it separated from the other programs and PCs, or i would have to stop gaming. So i took the better choice, which is pricy but at least it should work properly and safe. However, gaming on PCs is still not popular to me. Usualy i play on consoles, but there is many online games who are available for PC only, and i made the decision to allow Steam and Gameguard for the Game-only PC, but any other kind of kit (using DRM or cheat protection) i wont allow, because it simply can hurt the PC stability and performance to much (especially SecuRom is known to be hurting the performance). Every SecuRom game is blacklisted by me and i do not touch it, so its a wasted development and i hope even more people will do the same.

**The main issue with Steam is not the kit itself but its a DRM tool able to remove any rights from the users. Basically we cant backup data at our own, we cant trade or sell games anymore, but at worst we are even able to lose our precious account where all the games are stored, in term Steam is deciding to ban the account for whatever reason. That could instantly remove any games ever paid for... which is a critical issue of "removing, ever little fraction of user rights". So, Steam is basically a totaly controlled territory where consumers are totaly without power, as long as they make use of it. Thats its biggest issue and why i generally hate Steam. But i cant avoid else i could almost stop gaming on PCs. However, i only use very few games on Steam (2 games so far, only the top of the edge which i cant avoid such as Skyrim/Civ5) , so im a very bad consumer. In term there is no DRM i surely would have 5 times more games on PC. Consumers like me surely are giving a strong signal, but not strong enough in term other users are not backing it up.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 1, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

I actually haven't had any problems with Steam at all. In fact I run steam without reinstalling it from my Windows 7 partition. I wish PSO2 was on steam so it would actually work considering it is free to play it would be very beneficial for Sega America just to go the Steam route and distribute and promote it that way. Also when I got my new pc I reinstalled steam and just copy and pasted the whole folder from my old computer so it was actually easier than having to reinstall my 100GB+ worth of games.

I would actually enjoy the idea of bringing PSO2 to Steam, as long as Gameguard is removed. Because Steam itself is not creating any kind of hinderance to the system and PSO2 is basically a free game so it doesnt matter in term its banned, simply make a new account, thats it.

However, i lack any info regarding its possibilitys. But have to take into account that a free to play game is not in need of any DRM because that game can be gotten for free no matter how its done. So, the only reason why Steam would be a valid option is to get ride of intrusive anti cheat tools such as Gameguard. In term thats not possible, there is no purpose.

Of course, developers with higher possibilitys will handle the protection server side, but not every dev team seems to be capable of. So they use some alternate methods which is cheaper in cost and with lesser maintenance. Still, client side solutions are notorious for theyr high possibility to cause countless issues because they simply can create some high impact on the system, so its generally inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule View Post
    Also when I got my new pc I reinstalled steam and just copy and pasted the whole folder from my old computer so it was actually easier than having to reinstall my 100GB+ worth of games.
    Well, 100 GB games doesnt take to long anymore when SSD is used, in term of install. It surely was painful in the past when everyone used HDDs but nowadays the SSD are that fast that it surely is done in a very quick timeline. The drive was always the culprit holding the PC performance back but time has changed, and today most high end gamers are using SSD. Considering theyr currently cheap prices, a 240-256 GB SSD could be gotten for 200 $, thats not to much anymore and the performance gain will be insane. Usualy a ~250 GB drive is enough for gamers in order to install the active games. The inactive games should be stored on usual HDDs. The drive would be good enough for about 10-20 active games (as good as any size).

My loading time for PSO2? To fast... im not even able to play around with the funny pipe-comet, because i pop into a new area almost instantly. The only culprit could be the server response or my connection speed.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 1, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule View Post
    I actually haven't had any problems with Steam at all. In fact I run steam without reinstalling it from my Windows 7 partition. I wish PSO2 was on steam so it would actually work considering it is free to play it would be very beneficial for Sega America just to go the Steam route and distribute and promote it that way. Also when I got my new pc I reinstalled steam and just copy and pasted the whole folder from my old computer so it was actually easier than having to reinstall my 100GB+ worth of games.
    I always hated Steam, fucking shit.

I can still play just fine, but I still have no anti virus installed on my computer, which makes me slightly uncomfortable.

I really would like nProtect to fix their stupid program.
    Need a Ship 9 Friend? Just give me a ring!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokami View Post
    I always hated Steam, fucking shit.
    I would love to hear your opinion on this manner.