Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Lol they could just make more spawns come up and make enemies zerg rush instead of walk around in circles and occasionally, slowly attack. Also needs to be more mix of enemy damage types, I mean...Olgohmon + Komatoze was a pain in the ass in Vanilla PSU. NEVERMIND JARBAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    My question was, is it in PSO2? Cuz you're coming off as if that was the point you were trying to make to counter my(and others) concerns.
    -raises eyebrow- And now I am slightly confused.
    Last edited by Jakosifer; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

Nevermind. Thanks for your true intelligent words that had so much to do with everything in this thread. Always great to see such valuable posts.

PS: next time actually read the content before going all smartass
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

I expected a speed increase, like in PSO. I guess Sega can be anti-climactic after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakosifer View Post
    -raises eyebrow- And now I am slightly confused.
    Translation: Yes, there is a utopia between sheepishly easy and frustratingly difficult, but does it exist in PSO2?

I'm not going to argue on how difficult (or not) the game is, but I feel that if they are going to have difficultly levels, one should be noticeably harder than the other. Hard should not be Normal with bigger numbers, and Very Hard should not be Hard with even larger numbers.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Gotcha.

No. It doesn't, and it won't unless they actually adjust the AI and stats per player in an MPA. My post was mostly in reference to Dark Souls being mentioned as something to play if you want a challenge. It should be obvious that "difficulties" are only scale to level modes in this game.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

WAY PAST COOL, BRAH! Drifting Fable's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Yes, senic...

it's called proud mode.
    As in KH's proud mode? I certainly wouldn't mind that addition over what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakosifer View Post
    LOL RAWK

Anyway, yes, there is a middle ground for difficulty, they even got it right twice in this franchise. PSP2's S rank, and User created Infinity missions from PSP2i were perfect difficulty. Fun without being completely unfair and unbalanced.
    Huh, another reason why I should have played that game. Though considering how many features shipped over from PSP2i to PSO2, perhaps the user created missions might be a future content update?

One can hope.

I was standing around 2 Oodans (Forest monkeys), they do their occasional jumping to the side and a non-attacking animation, but they attack rather often.

I believe it's not a problem of not being aggressive enough, it's more that their attacks are not enough effective and they're too slow, either faster movement speed and faster attacking animations or new more effective attacks for current enemies would be alot more noticeable than just making the AI more aggressive.
    There's also the stun lock, player attacks stun the enemies way too much.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Oct 11, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

The problem is flinchlock.

Remove flinchlock, from enemies and players, and solve the problem.

This game isn't about dealing or even surviving damage, it's about inflicting stun/flinch so enemies don't attack you while you kill them - how long that takes, 50% faster or 50% slower than average - isn't as important as inflicting stun. This is why MPA's are the best at everything. 12 players hitting everything = everything dies before it can even attack. What doesn't die before it can attack only manages to get off one attack, which probably misses, because lol they don't actually hit that hard and it turns out enemies balanced against one player die to twelve in no time flat.

But then you get to bosses, where there's such an absurd gap in damage. It goes from diddly squat to oh, I got hit once and that either killed me in one hit or stunlocked me into death.

Stun and flinch are so fucking boring.

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

Ok so skipping posts lol, just want to say. Solo lv 50 fang banther / banshee from event.... holy hell. 1400 S-def? Forget it, they still hit very hard!

What I believe is the difficulty is in need of, is multiparty, more people = more buff towards everything. not a huge dmg boost or anything, boost though would help, but more defence, alot for hp, 2 ppl now hitting monster= monster should have way more hp or defence to fight off the players.

When you go to solo, I personally find challenge, and i mean you only, no npc. Its when more ppl are involved is where the game lacks to balance the added slaughter towards enemies
    The Creator of Syncesta!

lol
    i guess its impossible to make everyone happy.
    how bout an option to adjust "spawn rate" before a quest start?

ex: i want a casual run, so i adjust the spawn rate to similar 4/12 player on the field.
    or i want to get swarmed!! moar enemies!! moar hardcore!! i simply adjust it to similar 12/12 player on the field. xD

@gigawuts, no flinchlock is a great idea! if enemies became no flinching i will prefer TMG over launcher anyday! xD
    but casual gamer will suffer alot if no flinch get implemented

@DoubleCannon, yes! thats why adjust spawn rates would be perfect!
    want challenge? go solo with 12/12 spawn rates xD

ps: we already got tougher and faster enemies. its called "infected".
    - digitalDreamer -