Page 69 of 199 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279119169 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aigul View Post
    I am preparing my skill tree for my TE class, and I was wondering if Shifta Critical at 10/10 SP is worth it now?
    Uh, since when was it worth it?

I don't think maxing shifta critical will ever be worth it

Deband cut, on the other hand, is a much better option.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Due to friends trying the game out, I'm getting back on for the first time since the level cap was raised to 50. I had a build planned out but since the game has most likely changed since then, I want to review a few of my choices.

First off, I'm Techer/Ranger. From what I see in this thread very few (if any) people run this combination and either go Techer/Force or Techer/Fighter or something along those lines. But I'm sticking with that choice, as those are my two favored classes and I originally wanted to play Ranger/Techer as a RAmarl replacement.

This is the current build plan

Build Notes:
    There is a huge focus on Poison synergy in this build. My main weapon at the moment (Lv41/40) is an Alva Cane (Gwana Soul, Poison III) and my MAG is a Caelum (10/0/60/20/50/10/0; shoots out poisoning Megid). Poison Boost and Poison Trap/Custom should help at spreading it around some more, with Poison Ignition for spike damage here and there. It's pretty much a themed character that has some obvious deficiencies but I like it. I'm not much of a caster; I'll throw some charged Megids to fill up Wand Gear from afar, but after that I'm melee'ing and getting in close.

Obvious cons are that I mostly deal poison damage. Enemies immune to poison will naturally decrease my damage output. Less discernible is the fact that I landed at 552 T-Atk at Lv50, which is 8 points away from the Divine Tsukuyomi and even further from the Vita Cane. (Even further from the Vita Cane.) Armor restrictions aren't a huge problem with 514 S-DEF, but I haven't checked all the gear.

Techer Notes:
    - Wand Gear and its pre-reqs are a given
    - Lv10 Poison Ignition is also a must-have
    - PP Restorate 5 gets me over the 6 PP/s threshold. I don't know if I can max it.
    - I'd like to max out Poison Boost, but I'm unsure how good Element Weak Hit is as a skill. 20% more damage on my techs (mainly, unless I carry multiple wands) sounds yummy, but I'm not a main caster. I also haven't played the Ruins, where poison won't help me much. Is Element Weak Hit good enough to warrant taking points away from Poison Boost/PP Restorate/Dark Mastery (in that order)?

Ranger Notes:
    - Not going to ask for too much advice here, as this is the Techer thread. If that link has too many points, remove the extras from Weak Bullet.
    - I focused on Traps in lieu of the other Ranger skills so that I wasn't reliant on a weapon. I fight up close as a Techer, I want the traps and little else.
    - Weak Bullet is always nice to have, however. One point would be enough here, as I can't keep the rifle out for anything else.

[EDIT] I'm also open to the idea of not spending any points at all, though I need to be advised on which skills are not worth it.
    Last edited by Slidikins; Jan 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Some tidbits:
    1. Poison Boost is a multiplier on the current value, not an additive bonus (*1.1, not +10%).
    2. Elemental Weak Hit's value is going to be questionable if you aren't planning to carry multiple wands or tech other than filling wand gear.
    3. If you plan to be melee with wand most of the time, PP restore rate is not exactly going to be fantastic either.

It's really going to come down to how strict you are in that playstyle. If I was planning to play that way I would stick with the basics at first and feel out what would help you the most from then on. That would mean getting wand gear, poison ignition 10, and optionally territory burst 1.

If you are casting more than you thought, pick up restore rate and elemental weak hit.
    If you find that you are only casting rarely but in bursts, grab convert.
    If you only cast dark go for dark mastery, etc.

If it fits into your theme I would really recommend grabbing 3-4 in wb just for the option of shooting it twice if you already have an all class rifle since you have 3 extra in r-atk 2. Edit: Unless you were intending to go for stun grenade instead, where you'd need to dig one point out of something.
    Last edited by Atyl; Jan 9, 2013 at 02:35 PM.

(I've edited this post to add what change I made as a result of each point, in bold)

Quote Originally Posted by Atyl View Post
    Some tidbits:
    1. Poison Boost is a multiplier on the current value, not an additive bonus (*1.1, not +10%).
    2. Elemental Weak Hit's value is going to be questionable if you aren't planning to carry multiple wands or tech other than filling wand gear.
    3. If you plan to be melee with wand most of the time, PP restore rate is not exactly going to be fantastic either.
    1) While I would say, "A boost is a boost," knowing this makes me much less enthused about the skill. I think Megid sports a 22% chance of inflicting Poison (could be wrong) but maxing it will only get me to 24.2%. Not sure what the chances of Poison III happening is, but it's probably not worth it. Dropped Poison Boost to 5 Points
    2) That's pretty much why I'm hesitant about it. Dropped completely in favor of Dark Mastery
    3) There are times where I've no option but to cast, such as enemies who don't like being in my face, or a rabid Banshee. Sometimes my MAG's PP J will kick in, but having that passive boost is always helpful. To me, at least. Kept PP Restorate

It's really going to come down to how strict you are in that playstyle. If I was planning to play that way I would stick with the basics at first and feel out what would help you the most from then on. That would mean getting wand gear, poison ignition 10, and optionally territory burst 1.
    Techer's already 41 so there are probably a few points wasted at this point, but I'll see how things go from here, then buy a ticket if necessary. (Part of me thought Territory Burst's area went up with points, but re-reading gives the impression that it's only the duration that's affected. In this case, 1 point is fine.) Put 1 point in Territory Burst

If you are casting more than you thought, pick up restore rate and elemental weak hit.
    If you find that you are only casting rarely but in bursts, grab convert.
    If you only cast dark go for dark mastery, etc.
    Even though I'm mostly melee, I'd still go with PP Restorate. I often use an instant cast Technique instead of the 3rd hit (for speed) and the passive recovery seems more useful than the active one. Plus my MAG has PP J. I don't cast exclusively Dark, but since I do use Megid as a generic damage bomb, Dark Mastery does seem like a good choice. With those, It might even be better to go full Dark. Maxed Dark Mastery 1, put 1 point in Dark Mastery 2 for 5%

If it fits into your theme I would really recommend grabbing 3-4 in wb just for the option of shooting it twice if you already have an all class rifle since you have 3 extra in r-atk 2. Edit: Unless you were intending to go for stun grenade instead, where you'd need to dig one point out of something.
    The problem with going WB 3 is that I need to switch weapons immediately after the first to take advantage of it (which kills the extra bullet)..

The R-ATK Up 2 points were a mistake, thank you for catching that. I don't need R-ATK in the slightest. That pretty much frees up 4 points, which I may just stash in case of an update.

A different idea, considering your tips.

Thanks for your input. It's still a work in progress, of course. This build may be possible with my current Techer tree, but I'll be on the lookout for what works and what doesn't.
    Last edited by Slidikins; Jan 9, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

I went with Weak Bullet at 1 for a while and quickly ran into a huge problem: Missing your target. See, rifles have a bad tendency to spray wildly, even if you're standing completely still for the accuracy bonus. Targets also move. Other targets also get in the way. That feeling when you whip out your rifle for the huge damage boost when it happens... Two minute cooldown. All wasted. Treat your second shot as a do-over and disregard it if your first one lands. If nothing else, the 12s cd reduction is helpful.

seconded. I don't agree with the build (particularly because poison hardly works on any bosses and everything else dies too fast) but if you're going to insist on it, better to go with two shots on your WB. Personally I like to have all 4 because when I'm NOT soloing my group's damage potential goes through the roof for as long as I can keep the 3x damage coming and at rank 10 it's only a 90 second cool down. the other really nice thing is if you main Ra and sub Te you can use PP convert to work around the lack of PP while weak bullet is active. Activate WB run your PP down with sneak shooter or w/e activate PP convert and your PP will regen in a few second and allow you to PA spam again. it's no WB->Chain Trigger->???->Profit, but it's nice if you wanna run support and still dish out damage.

But yeah definitely get your Wb to at least 3

Point taken.. and after an E-Code where things just didn't want to stay still I did not mind putting those 2 points back into Weak Bullet at all. And yeah, the build isn't optimal at all, but this game isn't difficult in the slightest (and bored me enough to quit once), so I don't mind playing to a theme.

Also, thanks for the insight on RA/TE, which I haven't put much thought into yet.

Looking at my party schedule and the fact that I have techer up I have decided a techer/Force Build1:http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...IdidI2J2cF0008
    Build2:http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...dqldI2J2cF0008
    The theme of this build is good aoe coverage Built around a Tri element build.
    I am flexible on moving some points around. Just need some pointers.
    Also is my tri element status effect build worth salt or a better build is out there?

is there a reason you prefer techer over force?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    Looking at my party schedule and the fact that I have techer up I have decided a techer/Force Build1:http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...IdidI2J2cF0008
    Build2:http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...dqldI2J2cF0008
    The theme of this build is good aoe coverage Built around a Tri element build.
    I am flexible on moving some points around. Just need some pointers.
    Also is my tri element status effect build worth salt or a better build is out there?
    I'd suggest going like this. Basically "don't get Photon Flare or TAtk Up." You'd want that last point in the Ignition since it's +10%, and the first point in a mastery is 5%. PP Convert is pretty great to have, too, since one point in it is 2x PP regen.

Or something like this to switch over Just Reversal to max out Wind Mastery. If you use this Force build and the previous Techer build, you can get that 5% wind damage.

And while I'm at it, try out this Techer tree for the Territory Burst.