Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Spare me, then, as I though posting in a forum meant that the discussion is open to other people. =/
    Then discuss. Don't tell me, or anyone else that we're dropping our pants while waiting for a native game release. That is not what you did.

I read the post, but I don't really think is that easy to completely ignore the rest of the argument and center it only in the issue of the lack of information itself. Poeple fear this lack of information precisely because of all the other issues, that's all I meant.
    I understand, but it is what it is. I'm going by topic. We've had the other argument numerous times before.

But I can't entirely agree with you, because as Ezodagrom said, the situation is different. Is not that "I" think I deserve more information (honestly I don't really care, not because of whatever NA version hatred that you want to think about but because I usually preferto forget about any game I'm waiting for until is released just to avoid the stress of following every tiny bit of info). It's just that considering what SoA has to do with the game, which is much less than SoJ at this point, it's weird the lack of info.
    I understand this as well, but once again, I think you should read the thread. I answered the situation concerning the data flow. We aren't getting treated any different, so the "They don't care" argument is moot. Also, you seem to be ignoring the bulk of EN release hate posts, which is who I'm referring to with my narcissistic comment. It isn't EN hopefuls criticizing English JP players, its the other way around. That is a fact.

Yet, you called me hypocrite assuming what you just say you didn't. Swift. There are ways and ways of "asking", and yours was everything but subtle. If you want a direct answer, while I don't think it's a good solution, I wonder if it would be the one that would work, since the opposite doesn't seem to. But I don't believe I hinted any sort of eagerness and happiness on that idea. I'm the first one who would be happy if the NA server succeeded, but for real, not what happened in PSU.
    I'm calling you a hypocrite for numerous reasons, not just that. One reason being your basically ignoring the other posts within the thread. Your selective reasoning when weighing pros and cons in considering the EN release. Ect.

Exactly, what personal experience in particular are we talking about?
    You personally aren't worried about the TOS (risks vs. gain) You personally don't have an issue with using the JP client, or aren't worried about installing the patch. You personally are either playing without AC, or don't have an issue with going through the process of purchasing webmoney. Interest included.

Of course it's my opinion, since you asked me personally. Why would that be wrong?
    Because you were arguing in broad terms, defending EN "hopeless" (who aren't just hopeless, they are bashing the hell out of the release, and anyone who supports it). Your flip flopping between your personal opinion, to the opinion you feel everyone on your side shares.

Not really, it was simply an answer to one of your questions, which I wouldn't understand you asking unless it supposed a problem for you. Why do you ask for the purpose of some of my answers, when you're the one who asked for them? =/
    I didn't ask you anything about that statement. You just threw it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Amazon performs physical deliveries, that's why I brought up physical products, if Amazon UK was shutdown it wouldn't be as simple as the international version of PSO2 being shutdown or a store that sells digital products only being shutdown.
    Okay, bad example on my part, it does get confusing differentiating between "service" and "product" but I hope you get the point I was actually making about the consumer voice being a powerful force.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom
    Kinda the same thing here, it's SoA's job to make customers interested in their game, if they fail at doing that, I go somewhere else (SoJ).
    And I'm cool with that -but when you do could you let SoA know where/why they fail so they have the consumer feedback? If people just disappear in silence nothing changes.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Can't wait till this chatroom comes out.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia View Post
    And I'm cool with that -but when you do could you let SoA know where/why they fail so they have the consumer feedback? If people just disappear in silence nothing changes.
    It's not even just the lack of info, but also the lack of posts from SoA representatives in the official forums and facebook page, this just gives an impression that they don't care about the game, I mean, they could be talking with the community without revealing info that they can't reveal, right?
    And I did give feedback in their official forums, even made a topic about making suggestions for the english release there, but with no one from SoA even posting in the official forums, it's like the feedback is falling into deaf ears.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Phantasy Star could really be a kick-ass series internationally, but SEGA doesn't promote it and lacks customer service.

And I did give feedback in their official forums, even made a topic about making suggestions for the english release there, but with no one from SoA even posting in the official forums, it's like the feedback is falling into deaf ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia
    That's just defeatism. (You) We are customers/consumers we have expectations and rights, and the best platform in the world (the internet) to make our voices heard. -We're just not using it very effectively at the moment, if we're only hashing this out between ourselves.
    -If the forums/facebook don't work, find a bigger, more public venue.

Though, I'm beginning to sound a bit revolutionist here. Which is scary o_0

Quote Originally Posted by seany1990 View Post
    Business for who? SoJ? Why should I care about them? I'm European.

Edit: I already know that Sega games are made in Japan before somebody mentions that.
    Then why do you consider it a poor attitude to support the JP version? For the record, I'm european too, you know.

With business, I mean that if we reduce it to the minimun terms, we get that SEGA sells two products: US and JP servers. The fact that someone would "buy" the better product (if proven better, of course) just makes the most logical outcome, don't you think?

I'm not saying it'd work. Just that this is the way the consumer industry is set up currently.

Yeah, Sega could show some love (that'd be great in fact) but as they're not why are we only complaining to ourselves? How do we 'support' the game as you say with only our own input?
    I'm not entirely sure of what you mean here. Consumer industry, nowadays, I don't see it any different in terms of videogames as for anything else. You create a product, if people likes it they will buy, if not, they wont. End of story. I think it'd be a bad turn that this exchange turned into a "customers beg for a product to be done, if company delivers customers pay, if not they beg more for it".

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrusnagisa View Post
    that example does not fit here -.- and yes Sega started it, and we should be the ones to end it.

The bottom line is that instead of voicing their opinion to Sega, they do it here instead, and "stick with the JP version" that is not the correct or smart thing to do.

Play the IN version, if it is not up to snuff, send in feed back, it is that simple. It is down right asinine to continue to support the JP version, when you should be supporting your own country's version instead.

I am tired of seeing Phantasy Star treated as it is outside Japan, but it is not all Sega's fault.
    That example fits perfectly, It's SEGA who has to make their product appealing to their customers, not the other way around, and that's the only thing there is to it. Trying to blame the fanbase when most of use have supported this franchise even at it's worst is really unfair, particulary when, actually, it's not even MY OWN COUNTRY (and SEGA decidedto entirely drop the european branch, by the way, very nice from their part eh?). And sorry but adding patriotism into the equation when we're talking about this sort of busines is as lame as it gets. In any case, for me there's no real reason to choose US over JP, but if you wanna do it out of love for your flag, I respect that.
    Last edited by Darki; Jan 10, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

-If the forums/facebook don't work, find a bigger, more public venue.

Though, I'm beginning to sound a bit revolutionist here. Which is scary o_0
    Viva la Phantasy Star !

Then why do you consider it a poor attitude to support the JP version? For the record, I'm european too, you know.

With business, I mean that if we reduce it to the minimun terms, we get that SEGA sells two products: US and JP servers. The fact that someone would "buy" the better product (if proven better, of course) just makes the most logical outcome, don't you think?

I'm not entirely sure of what you mean here. Consumer industry, nowadays, I don't see it any different in terms of videogames as for anything else. You create a product, if people likes it they will buy, if not, they wont. End of story. I think it'd be a bad turn that this exchange turned into a "customers beg for a product to be done, if company delivers customers pay, if not they beg more for it".

That example fits perfectly, It's SEGA who has to make their product appealing to their customers, not the other way around, and that's the only thing there is to it. Trying to blame the fanbase when most of use have supported this franchise even at it's worst is really unfair, particulary when, actually, it's not even MY OWN COUNTRY. And sorry but adding patriotism into the equation when we're talking about this sort of busines is as lame as it gets. In any case, for me there's no real reason to choose US over JP, but if you wanna do it out of love for your flag, I respect that.
    do not stick crap in my posts that are not there -.- I am not spouting patriotism -.- I am saying that it makes more since to support the IN version of the game, the one that is meant for us, rather then to continue to support JP, that helps us out in no way what so ever.

I am not blaming fans, but again Sega is not 100% fault here, some of it is on us.

I'm not talking about "product" though I'm talking about the service that supports it. If you go into a department store and see the product (game) you want, but in the wrong colour (language) you ask if they have it. If the shop attendant (SoA) is unhelpful/rude you complain.

You're complaining because the service was bad, not the product.