Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    They could, but the likely possibility is that Sega of Japan either isn't letting them or hasn't provided them with resources to produce such content. Content doesn't magically appear out of thin air. It requires resources and time, and if SoJ hasn't given SoA any, then their hands are tied to just doing the job they've been given.
    And what if it isn't SoJ that is holding back content? What if it's SoA's marketing teams that are just plain awful (which they are).

This was posted by Edward a few weeks ago in the SEGA Blogs about PSO2:

First, just to clear things up, the only official information on here is from me. No one else affiliated with Sega has posted.
    I know everyone is eager for more information. I don’t have any new info to post at this time — I promise we will as soon as we can. Please know I’m still checking your feedback and we do appreciate this input from the fan community.
    @strikerhunter: I understand what you’re saying but please realize that Turbine (or any other community team) isn’t deciding to post that on their own. It is agreed upon from Production to Marketing to everyone else what information will be published, when. I don’t get to decide what info goes out when — if I did, I understand why you’d be angry at me. But I am here to share with you what information we are able to make public.
    Comment 240:
    http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/pha...#comment-85713
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    And what if it isn't SoJ that is holding back content? What if it's SoA's marketing teams that are just plain awful (which they are).
    You seem to be a bit deluded when it comes to SoJ. They aren't the shining beacon of light that you think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by seany1990 View Post
    You seem to be a bit deluded when it comes to SoJ. They aren't the shining beacon of light that you think they are.
    And where did I say that I think that SoJ is a "shining beacon of light"?
    I really don't believe that it's them that are holding back news, especially since so far they have actually posted more in (broken) english in the official facebook page than SoA representatives did once they took control of the page.
    SoJ may be far from great, but at least they're alot better than SoA, they show that they care more about the franchise than SoA ever did.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Something to this effect i think would make a huge effect:

Quote Originally Posted by FAKE
    Hey guys, this is 3dw@rd from Sega. Phantasy Star Online 2 has been out for just over half a year now and has 3 million subscribers, we're currently working hard on localizing the game in the NA/EU. Region, currently we're aiming to start the alpha around April, but we're running into difficulties with the servers accessing the database and a text display problem on the client. We're working with the development team in Japan to get the problem solved as soon as possible. I'll try to give a update each month, so you know how our work is progressing. Thank you for your patience and we hope to bring Phantasy Star Online 2 to you to enjoy as soon as possible.
    One way or another one main problem is definitely lack of communication to the fans and possibly between SoJ and SoA themselves. It hard to place blame, because we don't know the problem lies and that in and of itself may be the problem.

I prefer to think that Sega has mobilized a team of lawyers intent on finding the best way to legally make you buy things you don't want to when you want to purchase an item from the cash shop and this what is causing delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    And where did I say that I think that SoJ is a "shining beacon of light"?
    I really don't believe that it's them that are holding back news, especially since so far they have actually posted more in (broken) english in the official facebook page than SoA representatives did once they took control of the page.
    SoJ may be far from great, but at least they're alot better than SoA, they show that they care more about the franchise than SoA ever did.
    SoA have to answer to the execs in Tokyo. If you want to put the blame on somebody then it's most likely that SoJ are the ones responsible.

I've asked this question before and nobody has been able to answer it. If SoA are responsible for this farce then why are SoJ allowing it?

Apple wouldn't allow their representatives in London to pull the same stunts as that would ultimately lead to a decline in profits.

Maybe they aren't as close to being releasable as they'd have liked to be, they could have major issues with something that could take an unknown amount of time

Sure SoJ could probably help SoA out more but that would imply that SoA and SoJ worked well together (they don't have the best of histories). They are both most incompetent that somehow manage to pull it together to make the occasional gems. Expecting them both to be competent at the same time however is too much. Sega would probably be dead right now if they didn't make Sonic games all the time and SoA right now is cutting a lot. Theres no way the western version of PSO2 will be the same support as the JP version.