Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thanks for the Extension Kion!! Its awesome!

But one thing I was hoping for (I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not) is maybe an option to go to the Ship 2 PSO2 Twitter and maybe also have a way to be able to see what EQ is coming up if the icon is orange (maybe there is a way to parse the text from the tweet and make it appear on the icon?). That would be awesome, but other than that, GREAT WORK!

For the next update here's what I have in mind for the next update. Hoping for any rewrites or information I may have left out.

Urban Sector:
    Missions: Urban Recovery, Urban Mop-Up Operation, The Oncoming Darkness

Alert Announcement: A massive number of Darkers has been detected around Oracle. All Arks prepare for urban combat operations.
    Alert In Effect: Oracle is currently under attack by darkers. All Arks report to the quest counter immediately.
    Spoiler!

Large Scale Operations:
    Subdue Fang Banther, Volcanic Guerillas, Mega Mecha Awakening, Desert Guerillas

Alert Announcement: Arks is preparing for a large scale invasion on planet (palnet) : (area). Participation is requested of all Arks members.
    Alert In Effect: Large scale operations are in effect on planet (planet) : (area).
    Spoiler!

Dark Falz:
    Missions: Approaching Dark Arms

Alert Announcement: Dark Falz is approaching Oracle. All Arks prepare for defensive maneuvers.
    Alert In Effect: Dark Falz is currently attacking Oracle. All Arks are to dispatch and engage the target!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Kion; Mar 8, 2013 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    For the next update here's what I have in mind for the next update. Hoping for any rewrites or information I may have left out.

Urban Sector:
    Missions: Urban Recovery, Urban Mop-Up Operation, The Oncoming Darkness

Alert Announcement: A massive number of Darkers has been detected around Oracle. All Arks prepare for urban combat operations.
    Alert In Effect: Oracle is currently under attack by darkers. All Arks report to the quest counter immediately.
    Spoiler!

Large Scale Operations:
    Subdue Fang Banther, Volcanic Guerillas, Mega Mecha Awakening, Desert Guerillas

Alert Announcement: Arks is preparing for a large scale invasion on planet (palnet) : (area). Participation is requested of all Arks members.
    Alert In Effect: Large scale operations are in effect on planet (planet) : (area).
    Spoiler!

Dark Falz:
    Missions: Approaching Dark Arms

Alert Announcement: Dark Falz is approaching Oracle. All Arks prepare for defensive maneuvers.
    Alert In Effect: Dark Falz is currently attacking Oracle. All Arks are to dispatch and engage the target!

Spoiler!
    Since I thought it looked weird cut, yesterday I remembered to take a picture of the Dark Falz EQ quest menu without the english patch, I can get you the icon for the area. :P
    I'm not in my desktop right now though, I'll post the icon in around 5~7 hours or so.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Sorry for the double post, but since it's been several hours since my last post, I guess it's better to post this separately.

Anyway, here's the icon:
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but since it's been several hours since my last post, I guess it's better to post this separately.

Anyway, here's the icon:
    I ended up going with the image you posted before of the dark falz boss pic. Version 1.0 is up (as in it has everything i intended it to have. Anything on top of this is gravy).

Changes:
    • Ship defaults to 2, but you can set which ship you want on the options page
    • Added icons and messages for each mission alert
    • Added in local time for alerts and in effect missions
    • Timed the twitter requests to only send them only when needed.
    • Added shortcuts for Cirnopedia and pso2 player site

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    For the time being I think I'll just use the forest icon, and then update it down the road if/when Klypto makes a better EQ alert system.
    Might get a test API up by the end of next week.

The only problem is I will be limited to ship 2 for a while.

The hardware requirements of running automated OCR and an instance of the game client is 3-4GB of RAM per ship and 2-3 processor threads. That would be about 40GB of RAM and 20 Processor threads to do all the ships... my PC only has 8GB of ram and 8 processor threads.

Well probably stick with only 2 ships unless I decide it's worth buying other hardware for the heck of it.
    Last edited by Klypto; Mar 8, 2013 at 01:26 PM.
    Klypto - Ship 02

For the english community I think ship 2 is enough, I don't see too much need for other ships. I'll add in the appropriate conditions for ship 2 to run off your API once it's up and running.

Just a small update, I realized there's a bug in the program that causes the get twitter function to loop every second at the 45 minute mark, which goes over twitter's limit of 150 requests an hour causing the icon to not change color even when an EQ is announced. I fixed that code and uploaded it, so it works normally on the current version.

Revise alert msg overrides to handle strings not in the translate array:

Code:
    //Package a function to send to the DOM
    function override() {

//store translation data in object array
    	translate = {
    		'JAPANESE TEXT HERE': "ENGLISH TEXT HERE",
    		'JAPANESE TEXT HERE': "ENGLISH TEXT HERE"
    	}

//backup the alert box function to reuse it (if you want to program your own fancy alery box then go for it, you could probably even use jQuery UI or the chrome built in desktop notifications API, because alert boxes are lame)
    	window.alertback = window.alert

//redefine the alert function to pass text into the backup of the original alert function after it's translated
    	window.alert = function alert(x) {

msg = translate[x];  //call array only once
    		if(msg == "undefined"){
    			alertback('Could not translate: /n' + x + '/n/nPlease report this on PSO-World. See web console (CTRL + SHIFT + J) to copy the Japanese text'); //Translation not found, give the original message with instructions
    			console.log('Could not translate: /n' + x);
    		}else{
    			alertback(msg); //Translation found, use translate message
    		}
    	};

}

//append the script to the DOM and execute it - this breaks through that weird twilight zone seperate from the DOM that chrome extensions operate in
    var script = document.createElement('script');
    script.appendChild(document.createTextNode('('+ override +')();'));
    document.documentElement.appendChild(script);

Some error messages extracted from the signup page js that weren't in the array:

連絡先メールアドレスが入力されていません
    連絡先メールアドレスの書式が不正です
    Klypto - Ship 02

The extension has been fixed and re-uploaded.