Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I'd have to say PSU, it was great and all but never really cared for it much.
    Ep3 was great online I won't lie. People frown on card games but I really enjoyed it.
    PSO simply beats them all of course.

i can't really say pso2 because i have like 1900 hours on it, which is like 1000 more than any of the others

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Wasn't Phantasy Star per se, but it definitely wasn't bad.
    If we're going by that logic, PSO wasn't Phantasy Star either, since the original Phantasy Star was a turn-based RPG.

PSU<PSZ<PSP2<PSO<infinity<pso card

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Quote Originally Posted by Shadix View Post
    PSU was the lowpoint in the franchise. I'm honestly surprised people are saying they prefer it over anything. That game was like rubbing sandpaper on your face. (and I did play it a lot)

The gameplay setup was boring. The content was lacking and repetitive, and the enemies and bosses were all reskins. The whole game felt lazy. I admit, PSU got mildly playable when AoTI came around, but overall the game was resoundingly mediocre and lacked any semblance of challenge. (Not to mention the way Rangers worked in that game... *sigh*)

PSO2's gameplay engine is rock solid, and you can tell the developers are doing a LOT with a small budget. Whats lacking right now is content variation, even with the complex random generation algorithms and random events, the content should vary more from area to area, and the game desperately needs more puzzle-type challenges. While the environments may fork the set pieces are rather uninteresting compared to the areas in the original PSO. Each environment despite having different enemies and drastically different scenery feels kind of samey, and many of the features in the game, like mags, weapon types and varieties, pas, classes, incentives, feel kind empty compared to their predecessors.

That said I'd say its the strongest entry in the franchise to date and hopefully in a year or so the content will feel more full.
    Wow, you pretty much said my exact thoughts. Kudos to you, good sir.

Plus, if we're allowed to count regional variations, US PSU got absolutely fuck-all for support (and is the primary reason so many of us are skeptical of a western PSO2 release and sprung for the JP version).

Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    final phantasy star 7
    final phantasy star X2 sez "hi"!
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Phantasy Star Zero for Nintendo DS for me was Sonic Team saying "We can still make a PSO style game even with our PSU team/staff."

Quote Originally Posted by MegaZoneXE View Post
    Phantasy Star Zero for Nintendo DS for me was Sonic Team saying "We can still make a PSO style game even with our PSU team/staff."
    you would be wrong because like PSP2/i zero was developed by alfa system.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Phantasy Star Wars Episode IX: A Phantom Jedi Sith Clone Strikes Hope
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Final Phantasy Wars XIII - 2: The God of Revengance and the Star Ocean of Lunar
    Limited Edition : ET Version