View Poll Results: What are you gonna do first thing on episode 2

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Making a level 1 new dewman and hardcore!

50 48.08%
  • nope imma just go braver on my existing chars

54 51.92%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosel View Post
    I don't hate them because of the race specifically, it's the whole mindset of cutting corners and doing as little as possible while keeping profits up. It's very off putting. The new race is just one example of many. I'll try Wildstar when it releases or if I get into the beta. I don't like GW2 much.

It's not like I necessarily want to play a non-humanoid character but it's very cool to have a variety of characters around you. Especially in a sci-fi fantasy that takes place all through the galaxy, you would think that would open up the idea of a bunch of unique races.

The only way another humanoid race would be acceptable is if all the race's had special properties and abilities but they don't.
    That's understandable, but at the same time I like the idea of all the playable races races being derived from humans. I would have prefered if they had some statistical differences besides small multipliers though.

The problem is sega proves again and again that they're TERRIBLE at balancing things, so I don't want to think about seeing stuff like nano-blasts until they prove they can actually balance things better.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    That doesn't bother me as much as you'd think.
    That's the thing if its Japanese sure i'll say it, but if its my English friends I just say simply "Hello" or "Sup" I don't feel the need to say anything outside our language barrier because its" Cute".

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    That's the thing if its Japanese sure i'll say it, but if its my English friends I just say simply "Hello" or "Sup" I don't feel the need to say anything outside our language barrier because its" Cute".
    Well that's the difference between us I guess. There's nothing wrong with that.

I guess you're right. I'm pretty disappointed that they would just add a human with heterochromia and call it a new race. There's so many possibilities to create a cool race, maybe some kind of alien or beastman (NOT beast).

But, they just want to do something easy to not have to work. I hate this developer.
    Every race looks exactly the same aside from casts, the saving grace in regards to looking "unique" as a race is this games customization, you can be any race you want and look like something different all together. Well aside from casts, they can only look awesome and or badass.

Generally, all mmo have very bland races that are your general run of the mill human, some kinda elf or some race with with different name that looks exactly like those two but slightly different features, then theres always that one odd looking race of the bunch, asura, cast, mithra, amani, a...frog etc. I could name a few more but point is, there's not many games with a bunch of "unique" looking races and although pso's generally look similar, customization makes up for it.

Not making a dumbman.
    Just going to level braver on my main char, already have tons of cos to turn in for em.

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    Every race looks exactly the same aside from casts, the saving grace in regards to looking "unique" as a race is this games customization, you can be any race you want and look like something different all together. Well aside from casts, they can only look awesome and or badass.

Generally, all mmo have very bland races that are your general run of the mill human, some kinda elf or some race with with different name that looks exactly like those two but slightly different features, then theres always that one odd looking race of the bunch, asura, cast, mithra, amani, a...frog etc. I could name a few more but point is, there's not many games with a bunch of "unique" looking races and although pso's generally look similar, customization makes up for it.
    beat me to it

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Well that's the difference between us I guess. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Well not Me its really the difference between the ones you're saying it to cause honestly idc say what ya wan't but if it bothers you that they call you a weeaboo after then you know why.
    Last edited by Zenobia; Jul 16, 2013 at 01:40 PM.

Sig by Gama

If you don't speak Japanese and you like to randomly blurt out Japanese words anyway, that is pretty weaboo.

Japanese is a pretty impractical language and it really doesn't sound "cute". You might think so because of the cute girls you hear speaking on anime.

If you don't speak Japanese and you like to randomly blurt out Japanese words anyway, that is pretty weaboo.

Japanese is a pretty impractical language and it really doesn't sound "cute". You might think so because of the cute girls you hear speaking on anime.
    I don't use whole phrases, heck, I don't even use japanese at all outside of jokes now, since I started saying aloha. ._. It was just a case study... or something. I don't think saying "ohayo" to someone as a greeting is "random" though. Now if people start using "Desu" unironically without knowing what it actually means then yeah... that's a problem. I don't see what's wrong with using a foreign greeting that I understand the context for though.

And no, I find the word cute even when guys say it. It's the same with aloha.

I don't use whole phrases, heck, I don't even use japanese at all outside of jokes now, since I started saying aloha. ._. It was just a case study... or something. I don't think saying "ohayo" to someone as a greeting is "random" though. Now if people start using "Desu" unironically without knowing what it actually means then yeah... that's a problem. I don't see what's wrong with using a foreign greeting that I understand the context for though.

And no, I find the word cute even when guys say it. It's the same with aloha.
    desu desu desu desu desu wwwwwwwww (^▽^) (^ω^) (=⌒▽⌒=) neko!!