Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

the fact this this is a sega europe guy makes me laugh. it means soa is still under the thumb of soe.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I seem to be the only pso2 player that feels like this game is still in "early" development and its content is still too poor for a western/korean release, and that both SOJ and SOA are waiting for the proper time.

How many months since Tea and Party scene about how arks used to organize fights between them when there were many of them, and how those times may come back because of the increasing numbers of Arks? They may be planning a PVP mode because they know this is what will make more people stay in the long run, and without it, at this point with its current content, the game does not have more than 2-3 months worth playing.

Machine and Nerve MoronSonOfBoron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I seem to be the only pso2 player that feels like this game is still in "early" development and its content is still too poor for a western/korean release, and that both SOJ and SOA are waiting for the proper time.
    YOU ARE NEVER THE ONLY ONE.

Although I agree, they are likely being cautious. One of the main points in that interview was that video games, especially the F2P market, are unpredictable. I don't think they should be so cautious, though, because in F2P the longer you wait the more you're outcompeted by other F2P games (old and new) already sinking their hooks into potential buyers.

Ironically, just look at Spiral Knights, run by Three Rings, one of SEGA's small "indie" holdings. Major success story right there, a miniscule development group putting out a consistent and enjoyable experience for international players since launch.

And before this, I played Vindictus; that was released early on in its development cycle, even undergoing a total gameplay revamp for one of its character classes, but it's done pretty well especially in terms of keeping international versions in pace while adding new content.

SEGA is likely wrestling with business arrangements more than any actual development issues at the moment, though I can rightly assume they have reason not to be confident about continuing game development itself... The persistent bugs, clunky software design, and archaic class design are all marks against their potential for Western release, which is already saturated with a wealth of better-programmed, better-managed games run by smaller companies. They are probably thinking long and hard before making a big move like this, even while time is running out.
    Ship 2 (Ur): MAEv3, GUHUcaseal — Kagami Gavin, TEHUnewearl — Team Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    All I took from that article is that Sega of America cares about there sonic games more than other games they have or "soon" to be released.

Seriously? 3 more Sonic Games? When is having too much Sonic is enough already?

I still don't see how this is reasonable for NA/EU PSO2 delay in my opinion.
    They didn't even mentioned why PSO2 is still delayed or any reasons why it was delayed in the first place.

The "at some point" sounds like they are planning another so called "delay".
    Companies are too afraid to take risks anymore and stay safe. As bad as Sega politics and management are at least it still makes games that are actually games and don't throw "exiting story area" or a billion cutscenes at you. You can even skip the introscenes in PSO2 I think that's great doesn't waste time.

United Arks Defender NintenJon25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    Companies are too afraid to take risks anymore and stay safe. As bad as Sega politics and management are at least it still makes games that are actually games and don't throw "exiting story area" or a billion cutscenes at you. You can even skip the introscenes in PSO2 I think that's great doesn't waste time.
    Phantasy Star has slways been an easy RPG game franchise to access...for Japan. It's not nearly received as well in America.

To me, the only major companies out there out of the console industry that still make games that are truly innovative are both Nintendo and SEGA. It's nice to see such openness from SEGA's end that they do indeed have such close relations with Nintendo.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

If we thought last-generation was bad with the hugely oversaturated FPS market, you haven't seen anything yet. These new consoles from Sony and Microsoft are absolutely choked by what I call 'dudebro' games from the get-go.

This is why I've always preferred Nintendo, SEGA, PC, and indie gaming. You just cannot deny the fun to be had in all four of those areas!
    Phantasy Star Online 2 --- Player ID: NintenJon25
    Odin (Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by NintenJon25 View Post
    Phantasy Star has slways been an easy RPG game franchise to access...for Japan. It's not nearly received as well in America.

To me, the only major companies out there out of the console industry that still make games that are truly innovative are both Nintendo and SEGA. It's nice to see such openness from SEGA's end that they do indeed have such close relations with Nintendo.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

If we thought last-generation was bad with the hugely oversaturated FPS market, you haven't seen anything yet. These new consoles from Sony and Microsoft are absolutely choked by what I call 'dudebro' games from the get-go.

This is why I've always preferred Nintendo, SEGA, PC, and indie gaming. You just cannot deny the fun to be had in all four of those areas!
    FPS used to be so fun could rocket jump, lightning gun actually killed you if used underwater, immediately get into the shooting and finding ammo and guns, etc. No cutscenes or eternal intro screens to hamstring gameplay flow.

I don't trust the X-Box One at all it spies on people, must be online even for singleplayer, not good, must have kinnect, too expensive, and mostly western games that talk too much. Even Phantasy Star with its dialogue was entertaining and had a quick flow to it and was just cool. Sega games had attitude back in the day. There are no real RPGs anymore even Final Fantasy XV will be action like XII was.

I bet they announced PSO2 in NA to advertise the JP version.

soooooooooooooommmmmeeee where over the rainbow, way up high, there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

lol "at some point". That is longer than Sega's "soon".

Sega forum: Home Dog
    YouTube: GamerTime1226