Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Unbelievable... you didn't read what I JUST posted... it only applied directly to the target. Anything surrounding or underneath took reduced damage (what is now normal damage) regardless of height. I don't know how it was incremented, but judging from what video and what I remember, it was segmented. Neo will attest to the height bonus though... it was 100% there in some fashion.
    I did, actually, you hadn't edited it before I posted. I edited in the quote and edited in my reply to your changes. Which you seemingly didn't read.

her JA'd damage on the vol weak point, while in midair, from the time you linked:
    15598 (crit)

All of these were in midair, from 13327-15598. That's quite a range, and can seem like a bonus if you crit in midair but hit your lowest damage on the ground. Seems like some nice confirmation bias going on here.

I've used Zonde frequently all throughout each of its changes. I not even once noticed a damage bonus for jumping. I frequently jump, yes, and maybe I missed something, but I sincerely doubt it.

Here's what I know to be a fact:
    After the very first Zonde change they gave it two different hitboxes that dealt two different amounts of damage. First was the direct hit - if the actual graphic strikes the target it will deal ~40% higher damage, if I recall correctly. If the splash on the ground hits the target it will just deal the base damage, or .71* the damage that a direct hit would deal. That was later reduced, if I recall correctly again.

That's probably what you're thinking of.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    In between the time of the Zonde buff and Zonde nerf, having a height advantage did increase your damage by 10% or so. It wasn't jumping alone so long as you were above a certain point of the enemy.

I'll dig through my screenshots and edit this post later.
    Ah, so it was height and not jumping? Interesting.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I did, actually, you hadn't edited it before I posted. I edited in the quote and edited in my reply to your changes. Which you seemingly didn't read.

her JA'd damage on the vol weak point, while in midair, from the time you linked:
    15598 (crit)

All of these were in midair, from 13327-15598. That's quite a range, and can seem like a bonus if you crit in midair but hit your lowest damage on the ground. Seems like some nice confirmation bias going on here.

I've used Zonde frequently all throughout each of its changes. I not even once noticed a damage bonus for jumping. I frequently jump, yes, and maybe I missed something, but I sincerely doubt it.

Here's what I know to be a fact:
    After the very first Zonde change they gave it two different hitboxes that dealt two different amounts of damage. First was the direct hit - if the actual graphic strikes the target it will deal ~40% higher damage, if I recall correctly. If the splash on the ground hits the target it will just deal the base damage, or .71* the damage that a direct hit would deal. That was later reduced, if I recall correctly again.

That's probably what you're thinking of.

edit:

Ah, so it was height and not jumping? Interesting.
    It agrees with my identification of the damage being segmented. Above/below the target each had different damage multipliers which you can see from your own posted numbers. Variance applies to the 15k region maxing at 15598 and then the 13ks maxing at probably around 13900.

No, it's not what I'm thinking of... the variance clearly shows that damage averaging around 13500 when at/below the target. Why would it SUDDENLY jump up to 15k multiple times? RNG maybe?

It agrees with Bellion talking about height. Jumping might give you height, but it didn't directly give you the bonus. Considering I mainly looked at zonde damage numbers while killing falz arms this would be why I never noticed any bonus - jumping wouldn't get you high enough.

So it sounds like everyone's right. That's a rare thing.

edit: Well, wait. It could just be variance. That last hit did deal 13980 and that was about the same height as the 15ks.

I don't know, it's not even in the game anymore so it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

It agrees with Bellion talking about height. Jumping might give you height, but it didn't directly give you the bonus. Considering I mainly looked at zonde damage numbers while killing falz arms this would be why I never noticed any bonus - jumping wouldn't get you high enough.

edit: Well, wait. It could just be variance. That last hit did deal 13890 and that was about the same height as the 15ks.

Height advantage which can otherwise be considered segmented damage regions which is what I said...

Sure, I guess...

EDIT: Ruby Ascent does not have that much variance.....
    Last edited by milranduil; Aug 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM.

See DKFox, Zonde jump shot is all you need. look at all the data we have on that one tech, too strong!

Probably rafoie overall, but lately gibarta and zan because of beach and namegid is a close third, usually only on Org Blan.

Zonde and zondeel sounds great. It's just that I get bored using only one or two technics. So that's why I subbed braver and hoped to use the best technics for each elemental weakness.

Lastly...do you think the Namegid price on the market will drop? o.o
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

edit: Well, wait. It could just be variance. That last hit did deal 13980 and that was about the same height as the 15ks.

Well since my video was brought up, I figure I should say something. While there is considerable variance, there's a reason the that we didn't see 14k's there. If zonde hit spots above a certain point, it seemed to have another hitbox that did a little more damage than usual. This is why on Guwanada in the same video, I specifically aimed at his middle area rather than his weak point since it did more damage to hit the weak point that way. On Vol, this was possible, but I had to get to higher ground as we saw. Most enemies weren't able to be hit by that second hitbox though if I recall correctly. It has been a while, but I remember that much.

Zonde was strange back then. If the caster was above the target, it dealt more damage. It also didn't matter if cast from a talis, the actual player had to be above the target, with the card's placement being irrelevant.

But unless there's something else tricky going on, none of that is the case anymore.

That's also how it works with the line of sight and maximum distance cap on zonde. Even if you throw a talis across the map, it's still all relative to the player's position - if the player doesn't have a line of sight, even if the talis does, zonde won't hit the target.

It's very strangely (lazily) programmed.