Default Emotes/keystrokes on a controller?

I'm trying to find a way to either emulate a keystroke on my controller or to bind emotes to my gamepad. As a vet PSO player, I absolutely love the controller's tight controls as opposed to KB/M; however, I really want to be able to quickstep (using emote canceling) without having to have one hand on the keyboard.

I've tried joy2key, and I absolutely cannot get it to work (I assume due to GameGuard). I haven't tried XPadder, and I don't want to purchase it unless I 100% know it will work for me and there is no other option. I've also scoured the controller options within the game time and time again to find a solution, to no avail.

Has anyone managed to find a solution. If you haven't, do you have any good ideas (perhaps ones that have worked in the past with GameGuard protected games)?

Thanks,

Zetta of Ship 10

Try running joy2key as an admin, before you open PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Try running joy2key as an admin, before you open PSO2.
    Tried it again just for peace of mind. No dice. Thanks though!

I might be stuck reaching down at my custom hotkeys on my keyboard with my pinky while holding my controller. I frequently play fighting games on a fightstick, so this is certainly not the worst position I've forced my hands in while playing games.
    Ship: 10
    Username: Zetta
    Class: Fi/Hu

Hm, strange. I've heard of different things stopping it from working, but running it as an admin usually fixes it. I do know other people needed to do other things and they DID get it working, but I don't know what those other things are. Hopefully someone else can show up and help you out more than I could.

Additional information: I'm running DS3 tool in Xbox 360 emulation mode, meaning both my computer and PSO2 see a 360 controller.
    Ship: 10
    Username: Zetta
    Class: Fi/Hu