Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default GU/HU vs GU/RA in Damage

Someone told me that GU/HU can put out a lot more damage then GU/RA but so far I see no difference. Actually I see my more damage when i Sub Ranger. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can anyone show me what skills i should learn for Hunter sub?
    INFO: both subs are 41 atm and my GUnner is 57. I unlocked every skill on the left side of the hunter tree (all that have to do with JA bonus and that stance thing)

Ra = 2x WHA =156%
    Hu = Fury JA = 149% at lv41, but 193% at lv60

You can't get Standing Snipe's bonus on the SRoll JA, so level capping your Ranger won't make your Gunner much stronger outside of stats and rifle/gunslash damage.

oh ok... hunter 60 then... Thanks you

Don't feel like you're getting nothing from it in the meantime, though, since Ranger's skills require you to hit a weak spot to get the bonus, but Hunter does not.

That means you can break parts or hit the "wrong" part of enemies and still do good damage.

That's what enticed me most about going Gu / Hu over Ra as sub...I can't always get the perfect spot when jumping around all of the time. That and I'm no pro triple stepper, but I can easily use my daggers to step > attack > step and move pretty quick now.

Something to note is that you really start to miss Weak Bullet after playing Gu/Hu for a bit.

In terms of raw damage (that you output) over time, Hu will win out, but having the WB is nice for obvious reasons (because that extra damage you're doing as Hu won't really match up to the net damage boost of a WB in a party of 4-12).

So eh, I think they're both decent options. Chances are, whatever you're trying to kill will die anyway, and it's more a matter of how many extra seconds it takes.

also is perfect keeper good to get or so so?

You can put a point into it at least.
    Mekhana - Ship 2 - Edelweiss Community Leader- Gunner -/- Hunter - All Awesome - CAST Supremacy

PSO2 Podcast *Ship 2 - Block 20.* 'Old school SEGA Fan', 'MMORPG bittervet', 'The guy with a foreign accent'

Yea I thought about doing that. Thank you all for the help

There is not only one gunner tree, though. Hunter is only a better subclass if you cannot or refuse to use Standing Snipe, in which case it's your fault, not the game design.

JA Roll-based tree is nice and all, but it has also many flaws. Comparing gunner subclasses while pretending there is only one possible gunner tree is only a simpleton's way of thinking.

GU/RA is a very good class combination, that does not lock you into one weapon type 100% of the time.