Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    You do realize they can't just take a model from an older PS game and put it straight into PSO2, right?
    Yes, I know this, but they don't have to think of a style for the clothing since there is already one.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Uuuuuuuh, in what world do you live where legit and accessible forms of RMT do not directly combat RMT? In what world do you live where people will NOT buy clothes to resell if they want easy game money that won't get them banned?
    Have i said that a general lack of interesting in a game is the meaning of guaranteeing of cannot finding RMTers? NO.

Have i said that RMTers are seeling only OP chars? NO.

Only i've said that fame = RMTers, that's it. Otherwise, why some MMO games like WoW have got many RMTers? It's stupid being RMTer of a game which there are almost no one interested in the game, unless you want to risk in finding some people of many who wants buying an account of a boring and dissapointed game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    You do realize they can't just take a model from an older PS game and put it straight into PSO2, right?
    Unafortunately... yes. And that's a risky movement that can make serious problems in the future of the game...

That's the same technic of other asian games (incluiding many chinese and some japanese games) which they convert the game into an announcement portal with one goal, selling you other products of the same company. That's some of sense of common, that's all.

Guild Wars 2 has official real money trading, but the exchange rates were terrible last time I checked -_- A dollar for less than one gold is too little. Still, it's a step in the right direction but real money to in game currency ratio should be fixed not fluctuate. Take grinding in PSO2 for example: you have rares, and valuable AC scratch items, and plenty of people have many millions from selling.

No matter what ship you're on Dudu's rates are the same, so what is better, being where people are willing to buy a certain item for 1 million or 500,000? Though inflation is bad for the free player so both the undervalue and overvalue have pluses and minuses, and other than grinding the only things worth buying are from player shops anyway.

Gold selling used to come from a couple of college kids wanting to make money off MMO players, working and selling the product of their labor to others, then it became banned =(

MMOs have different rules than singleplayer, in MMO the vanish/doom techniques (FFVI reference) need to be ironed out whereas they're acceptable in single player for those willing to look.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Uuuuuuuh, in what world do you live where legit and accessible forms of RMT do not directly combat RMT? In what world do you live where people will NOT buy clothes to resell if they want easy game money that won't get them banned?
    I will say that even Guild Wars 2 had a botter problem. People kept saying, "The botters, we must get rid of them!" And I say, "Of course we should, but don't complain when resource prices get higher" Then they cracked down on the botters, and no one listens when I say don't complain. Besides, you can sell too you don't just have to be on buying end. Yes, legendary takes time and effort but great persistence deserves a reward. In this game the psycho wand is the legendary, if you run Falz infinite times you are guaranteed one. Of course, it isn't farmable so practically you will probably not have one, but for things like dragon slayer is guaranteed. If a drop is .001% then running 1,000 times gives a 1% drop chance, 10,000 10%, so it takes, yeah, not practical for farming I can see lol! Like buying many lottery tickets the chance goes up, but practicality diminishes with volume expense ratio.

"Yeah they nerfed that then added TACOs... Bad move on their part since that made the game more boring then it is already."

Yeah, TACOs are boring for the most part, but the good part is the guaranteed spawns so if you have a kill quest can just keep farming it and leave when mission is complete. The wonda kill order I farmed Amadeusca VH TACO then leave right after the start, then they nerf the kill requirements so I don't need to go far before I abandon it.
    Last edited by AgemFrostMage; Sep 3, 2013 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    Yeah, TACOs are boring for the most part, but the good part is the guaranteed spawns so if you have a kill quest can just keep farming it and leave when mission is complete. The wonda kill order I farmed Amadeusca VH TACO then leave right after the start, then they nerf the kill requirements so I don't need to go far before I abandon it.
    TAs are cool, they add something remotely competitive and give easy access to certain mobs (I've found you at last Pillbugs). TACOs are boring, because it's almost obligatory to do them as the single best (most accessible, easiest, time efficient (?)) method of making money.

I'd love to do XQs all the time, but it nets no where near enough per day (at 5 floors per day, or an entire 50 floor run every 10 days). So, TACOs are just another thing to add to the daily grind.

I hope the new Lilipa field will be super difficult. It'll be cool to have something to sink time into to try and beat.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    real money to in game currency ratio should be fixed not fluctuate.
    ... Yes it should, because the price of gold ingame fluctuates. It should still be within player control though, I think GW2 uses some sort of automated system based on how much gold and gems are on the servers...
    Last edited by Kondibon; Sep 3, 2013 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    ... Yes it should, because the price of gold ingame fluctuates. It should still be within player control though, I think GW2 uses some sort of automated system based on how much gold and gems are on the servers...
    No because let's say you have x amount of money, then you can buy a certain weapon. The price of the weapon goes up, yet your fixed money amount is the same. Now, you can buy gold to make up for it, right? No! The price of gold also goes up, making that method unattractive. With a fixed price your money will always go far and not be mitigated by ingame services becoming practically more expensive. This way money becomes more accessible for the player. Let's say item x sold by an NPC is needed, but it's expensive. If things on the market sell for high prices then everyone benefits as it mitigates the intentionally heavy expense of said NPC item. Goldsellers sell a lot of gold for the dollar, so official source would need to step up its game to compete.

Looks like the rates have vastly improved since I last played though:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

Have to grind Orr for long periods with a certain now nerfed quest chain for gold last I played -_-

On the skill tree front. I always thought that gears shouldn't be on the trees at all. Instead gotten from and further powered up from where they are now(or have benefits added to them like quicker charge, less decharging) from completing weapon trainer quests.(Barbera/Joseph)

It makes sense to have it that way and especially makes gear less annoying by forcing you down a certain skill branch.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

i find it stupid you have to be lvl 60 to get the full potential out of hunter as a sub class..... meanwhile gunner you can be lvl 45-50 and be done (unless you add R-atk to use better tmgs then 56) and lvl 48 you ranger is basically done as well.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

You need level 60 to get most out of techer sub depending on what you want too. My sub and dark trees are done for important things whereas my light and pp convert tree needs to finish element weak hit... and I wont have enough points to max light mastery 2 -_-