Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default [Rant] 3 things I want to change in PSO2

I have some time on my hands, so I thought I'd rant about
    three things that really bother me about PSO2. I'm typing from a mobile so I apologize for any auto correct mistakes.

1st point: Sub classess, there is no 'viable' unique build!
    Spoiler!

2nd point: Bosses aren't challenging, yet punish you badly.
    Spoiler!

Final point: Useless Defensive Skills/Abilities
    Spoiler!

What you guys think?
    Last edited by Silver Crow; May 1, 2014 at 01:55 PM.

I've thought for a while that HU's ridiculous bonuses are intentional, to emulate the effects of ye master<blank> of olde. Subbing HU is like prefixing Master- to your class. MasterGunner, MasterRanger, MasterFighter, etc.

An effective, although very misguided, attempt to create an extra option for people who want them. Without a strong sub like that there would otherwise be no way to strengthen your mainclass at the expense of subclass options. What Sega doesn't seem to realize is that damage is everything, so subbing something different for weaker and conditional bonuses with another set of weapons with their PAs (that are also weak) can't compare with 2x damage.

I definitely agree with your bosses point. I can't tell you how many times I die due to random stunlock from an attack with that shouldn't have even hit me in the first place due to overly large hitboxes that really shouldn't be (looking at you Ragne).

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    I definitely agree with your bosses point. I can't tell you how many times I die due to random stunlock from an attack with that shouldn't have even hit me in the first place due to overly large hitboxes that really shouldn't be (looking at you Ragne).
    It's a lot worse when fighting them with an infection that just throws like 3 bombs at you and stun you. Fuck fighting Infected bal rados and ragne for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

What's even worse is when that itty bitty bit of flinch throws off JA timing. God, that gets annoying.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

its a PS game after people get good gear and to lvl cap no boss was ever challenging in any of the games period

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    It's a lot worse when fighting them with an infection that just throws like 3 bombs at you and stun you. Fuck fighting Infected bal rados and ragne for that reason.
    I got styled on by an infected Agrani in one solo SHAQ immediately into the fight because of those bombs.

He jumped, infection bombs hit me as I was switching stances, delaying me enough to get hit by a bolt, and the hitstun of that bolt + a final bomb let me get hit by his back leg sweep, which killed me even after a mag heal or two.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I've thought for a while that HU's ridiculous bonuses are intentional, to emulate the effects of ye master<blank> of olde. Subbing HU is like prefixing Master- to your class. MasterGunner, MasterRanger, MasterFighter, etc.
    But then how would you MasterHunter, MasterForce, or MasterTecher (okay meleetecher works for this analogy)?
    Last edited by Walkure; May 1, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Won't lie, I'm a bit nervous about sharing my opinion on this particular point but I'll give it a try. (sorry if my reply come off as rude or anything, its not my intent in any way/shape/form);

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Crow View Post
    Spoiler!

What you guys think?
    I don't think there is a need for "you're not right in your mind if you pick defense tree" thing. Its a sort of play style, really. Just as people enjoy watching them-self do bigger numbers, there are those who enjoy watching taking smaller numbers of damage. But naturally, people more often than not have an ego that's all about the bigger, harder and faster. Its a pick of either lots of damage, or being resilient. And people will always prefer damage, always, and is the same reason in games with the "holy trinity" that tanks are in low supply. Being a meat-shield ain't considered fun to a vast majority. Only time people would branch into Defense if they have the option, is if it became glaringly OP or a possible requirement for progress. Even if Fury were slammed down to do half the power it does now, I fully doubt people would opt for Defense, regardless, for reasons mentioned.

In a game I was the CM for a few years that is closed down now, it was the same case. You could go so defensively that you could AFK almost anywhere in the game and still kill mobs in 1-2 swings, yet people opted for overkilling mobs for 10 times their HP just because it let them kill bosses in 1-2 shots instead of fighting it for maybe a minute.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    But then how would you MasterHunter, MasterForce, or MasterTecher (okay meleetecher works for this analogy)?
    I did say misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Crow View Post
    Spoiler!
    Man, I really want to see a "Panzer Armor"/ a REAL Tank character for once... Like "Screw the damage, I'm a vanguard, a pain lover. I'M A TANKING MASOSCHIST!" kind of character with Guard Stance path, Pure S,R,T-DEF increase Stats, Either Vol or Dragon EX Souls, etc. EVERYTHING that increases HP and DEF and Elemental Resists. (Especially Male CASTs with beefed and bulky armor kind of look) Buuuuuut... Too bad Just Guard ruins the whole "Panzer Armor" thing or so...
    Last edited by SakuRei; May 1, 2014 at 02:56 PM.