Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Most of the English speaking players is bad to mediocre in MPAs. At least, from my experience.

It really depends I tend to have a decent amount of luck when on my lower leveled characters

Population of English-speaking players on Ship2 is quite large (sometimes it feels like it's not Japan-exclusive game even).

Assholes aren't exclusive to either Ship2 or English-speaking people in general - they are everywhere. Difference between English and Japanese is that you have chance to tell them that they are, or easily see if they are... Also, blacklist mostly solves this problem too.

Hackers... Well, SEA version has much bigger trouble with those, so it's relatively safe.

Go to ship 2 for English-speaking players. Do not go to any other ship unless you speak Japanese as you will be permanently limited to small pockets of close friends. This includes ship 10, which was a spillover during beta but is a total ghost town now.

If you like having the option of pairing up with random ENG players then I would go with Ship 2.

I'm assuming ship 4 and 10 are like Ship 7 in which you have the option of joining small or large ENG teams. From my experience on 07, everyone seems to be calm and laid back (both JP and ENG). Its an ideal ship if you can enjoy solo and party play. I've talked to a few JPs before and they didn't give me any issues, they were really nice actually. (I had to use a translator to communicate and even told them I was using one)

Choose a ship that suits you and not just where everyone else is playing.
    Last edited by AlaskanKactus; May 30, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanKactus View Post
    If you like having the option of pairing up with random ENG players then I would go with Ship 2.

I'm assuming ship 4 and 10 are like Ship 7 in which you have the option of joining small or large ENG teams. From my experience on 07, everyone seems to be calm and laid back (both JP and ENG). Its an ideal ship if you can enjoy solo and party play. I've talked to a few JPs before and they didn't give me any issues, they were really nice actually. (I had to use a translator to communicate and even told them I was using one)

Choose a ship that suits you and not just where everyone else is playing.
    I semi agree with this but at the same time I don't since you can easily stick to solo play or small group play on ship 2 there are plenty of large and small teams most of the JP players I met are nice but communication was awakard to say the least. The issue with ship 2 is it has gotten such a bad reputation that players have started leaving or being scared away from ship 2 so a lot of us have suffered. We need all the players we can get and people to get over their bias against ship 2 most issues are isolated to B:20 not saying it's a bad block but when most of the block is english speaking and all levels it is very noticeable and blown out of proportion. I hate going to B:20 mainly because I prefer the peace and quiet. And there is very little there. There can be really great people but there can also be a lot of shitty people don't let them scare you away. If you choose another ship that is fine but don't listen to the bias against ship 2 or any other ship in that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    I semi agree with this but at the same time I don't since you can easily stick to solo play or small group play on ship 2 there are plenty of large and small teams most of the JP players I met are nice but communication was awakard to say the least. The issue with ship 2 is it has gotten such a bad reputation that players have started leaving or being scared away from ship 2 so a lot of us have suffered. We need all the players we can get and people to get over their bias against ship 2 most issues are isolated to B:20 not saying it's a bad block but when most of the block is english speaking and all levels it is very noticeable and blown out of proportion. I hate going to B:20 mainly because I prefer the peace and quiet. And there is very little there. There can be really great people but there can also be a lot of shitty people don't let them scare you away. If you choose another ship that is fine but don't listen to the bias against ship 2 or any other ship in that matter.
    That. Really, there are a lot of good people on Ship 2. You just kind of have to figure out which people are worth it, but even the japanese try to speak english and play with you. It's only terrible if people keep calling it as such without even trying to get to know the community.

"Don't look for the people in your past. There is a reason they don't exist in your future." - Riesz
    Ship 2 - ID: Chrysheight

I've been playing a lot on S2 during the "Japanese daytime" hours (mostly because I'm already nocturnal due to having worked night shift for almost a year) and have come to the conclusion that most of the Japanese player populace have just kind of assimilated into the notion that they are playing alongside English speakers (or at least non-Japanese speakers) and are pretty open about it. There are a fair share of JP teams that explicitly advertise as "JP only no gaijins" and such but it's whatever. Most of them are pretty nice, and are easy to get along with in EQs and such if you can chat in at least basic Japanese (I've never actually tried speaking with them in English, I've kind of gotten used to assuming everyone I play with between like 3AM and noon my time is Japanese, but I wouldn't be surprised if the average JP player there could chat in English at least as well as the average English player can in Japanese).

Ultimately there will be no language barrier on S2, as long as you use the English translation patches and stuff it's practically like you're playing an actual English version, if you can ignore the fact that most item descriptions for equipment and some other minor stuff is still moonrunes (it appears that everything non-event-specific that has unique functionality is translated though). I found a friendly team within like a week of playing and they've helped me learn a lot about the game very quickly, and I don't know if I would have found that on any other server.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    If you choose another ship that is fine but don't listen to the bias against ship 2 or any other ship in that matter.
    Don't get me wrong, I have no bias towards 02. I'm just saying, on "JP Ships" you have to rely on your team or friends if you want to have party play with ENG players. You can't just walk into the lobby and advertise that you're putting together a party or join through the counter.

Some people like the option of playing with random ENG players when they can. I don't care for it so I have no issue with being on 07. I love my ship

At my experience on Ship 2, there been some of ENG players joining me at EQ or Exploration MPA runs which is really fun to be with but there are some that annoys me like on EQ going straight when I'm still at campship or lobby like selling or getting something @storage heck they even go straight even if the mpa is still like at 5/12 on EQ... Ship 2 is full of random ENG players but at least I have someone to company with me on my lonely times at ship 2...

I dunno if I can be able to join a team on Ship 2 I can be team oriented but once your a friend on the members on that team and later when they join another team or lead a team they Blacklist me if that what my hunches are... I did'nt even say anything to hurt them thou...

Anyways I enjoyed at Ship 2 but for me its gotta Ship 7, I've been there since the beginning and got good friends there...