Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Well it's not in the PC game's credits anywhere, so it's not Chroto.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvrpHQws16Y&t=2m30s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-g_t-lOCFs

Or just going into the game right now and watching it from there to see the latest one.

Those are the actual, legal credits. Not a silly cutscene that used romaji for whatever stylistic choice. Who knows if they even received anything other than the character names in Japanese?
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jul 18, 2014 at 08:44 PM.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-g_t-lOCFs

Or just going into the game right now and watching it from there to see the latest one.
    Weren't those the launch credits?

The credits I linked appear in the story quest I believe, and are obviously much more recent.

The ones in the title screen have the same stuff, as well as crediting the concert songs. There's hardly any "English" whatsoever in either. Can't find a video on the internet of the current one, though.

Also stealth edit.
    PSO2 Trivia:

*pull's on pipe*

wow you guys must be really bored huh?

does it matter cant we decide on a "translation"
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Those are the actual, legal credits. Not a silly cutscene that used romaji for whatever stylistic choice. Who knows if they even received anything other than the character names in Japanese?
    The ones in the title screen have the same stuff, as well as crediting the concert songs. There's hardly any "English" whatsoever in either. Can't find a video on the internet of the current one, though.

Also stealth edit.
    Doesn't matter.

I don't care about some made up sob story about how or why it was put in unintentionally.

You can find it in the game, so until it is retconned it is official material. It is also the only material.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    *pull's on pipe*

wow you guys must be really bored huh?

does it matter cant we decide on a "translation"
    Well yeah, the EN patch team has decided on Klotho, along with the English names of the real world astronomical bodies the other characters are named after.
    PSO2 Trivia:

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post

The final version of the game has exactly one officially endorsed translation: Chroto. If we're going to bicker over internal names then when are we going to necro the "Hey guys, Braver is referred to as 'NEET' in the gamefiles!" thread for its brilliant intellectual discussion?
    can i request a screen shot from the current version of the game where it says this? i went to watch credits when this thread was made, and it's 99% in chicken scratch as far as i can tell, with exceptions like VARZA Animation Planet, (Spooky Graphic) and nVidia stuff+^_^+

It's stupid name either way, does it matter?
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

10 pages later and this arguments still going on i guess its always good for those sitting back eating popcorn but for me it's getting stale

#1 Devs are lazy
    #2 translators aren't perfect
    #3 Devs and translators always screw up
    #4 your arguing over "Offical screw ups"
    #5 Sega is known for "Offical screw ups"
    #6 this arguments pointless
    #7 nobody here works for sega
    #8 the translator team that works on the english patch aren't "Offical translators"
    #9 the translator team that works on the english patch does it on there free time
    #10 the english patch team if they wanted to could rename Klotho to Johhny young bosch if they wanted to
    because it's there free time and there side project
    #11 you guys want perfect english patch do it yourselves or go get a Job working for Sakai at Sega
    to live you must kill something for food whether it be a plant or an animal all life depends on the cycle of death.
    "Life is a fleeting dream but Death is eternal"