Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default fashion tips? \(0w0)/

So, I'm working on the look of my character, since i have all the gear i will need for awhile. I figured since I have nothing atm I really need to spend money on, I would improved the look of my character.

Here is what i have atm:
    http://i.imgur.com/fjJkyVN.png

I just have this feeling though that something is missing, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Any fashion tips would be cool, as I have been trying to find this "missing piece" that seems to be bugging me for so long. (It's rather frustrating tbh. more so then I thought it would be.)
    I dont need to "Get a life". Im a gamer! I have LOTS of lives!

I'd have to see more outfits and angles to really be able to help you.

But, for starters, I'd say lose the little metal default headdress thing. It really doesn't jive with that outfit, or any outfit, for that matter.

Also, maybe a more exotic eye style would help you. Most of them aren't cheap, though.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

WHat kind of a look are you gunning for ultimately iridesence?

Need more pics to judge. I'd drop the metal bat ears though.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    But, for starters, I'd say lose the little metal default headdress thing. It really doesn't jive with that outfit, or any outfit, for that matter.
    Unless you're marlu, then you're dakimakura material with that headdress.

Still though, I wouldn't use that accessory on that costume; it's more for... actual arks outfits, and inferior to so many other headpieces for costumes outside of the arks theme.

Hate to impose a change of costume, but OP, what do you think of the new yukata from the electronic diva scratch?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Aug 12, 2014 at 11:44 PM.

You can try this:

http://blog-imgs-57.fc2.com/d/a/i/da...204638_014.jpg

The purple one is something I would pick out for you; to bring out the hair and eyes. With this you can choose to wear socks/ stockings if you prefer.

Or this:

http://blog-imgs-45.fc2.com/d/a/i/da...195817_001.jpg

Really deep crimson also to bring out your eyes and hair - the black or white trimmed/ legged ones would work out.

Or this even:

http://blog-imgs-52.fc2.com/d/a/i/da...082751_007.jpg

I would choose the green for you since it has different shades and its supplemenary color (yellow) and the black socks which do balance everything out. Also this looks very spunky and show the young spry ARKS that you are.

As for makeup; I dont think you need. However as for Accessories plenty can fit those outfits though I would rather get something for your hair like a bow or beads - earrings even to show more of the 'cute' factor

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Use proper anatomy, no bubble tits, Try to avoid only wearing single colored outfits mix dat shit up, On the other hand try to stick to less than 4 different colors on an outfit. Ideally wear whatever and however many colors you want if you can make it work but don't make a hot mess, but don't look boring either.

Hats make a lot of hairstyles less boring, Accessorize like crazy! A lot of outfits will make your body shape look disproportionate no matter what you do, SEGA's bad at outfit designing when they try to be unique. Avoid wearing what everyone else in a lobby is wearing, you'll stand out, and they prolly have boring tastes anyway. But depending on how your character is made I guess you could "wear it better."

Never modify your anatomy just for it to work with 1 outfit... there's gonna be a dozen more better outfits later. All the default sunglasses suck. If you have a little girl character, don't use the original "young" face. If you want to look like a little girl the adult face or the new loli face works way better, no please seriously this part is important. Either look realistic or look like an actual anime character don't go for that creepy mutant face.

If you have a girl character period try not to be completely obvious that you're a guy playing as her with your outfit and design choices. She can still be "sexy"/attractive/scantilly clad or whatever without looking like the equivalent of a middle schooler drawing "yeah a naked lady" in his notebook with deformed/abnormally sized body parts and stankbitch outfits.

/didn't actually read thread just felt rambling/ranting about how to avoid bad/typical character design.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Use proper anatomy, no bubble tits, Try to avoid only wearing single colored outfits mix dat shit up, On the other hand try to stick to less than 4 different colors on an outfit. Ideally wear whatever and however many colors you want if you can make it work but don't make a hot mess, but don't look boring either.

Hats make a lot of hairstyles less boring, Accessorize like crazy! A lot of outfits will make your body shape look disproportionate no matter what you do, SEGA's bad at outfit designing when they try to be unique. Avoid wearing what everyone else in a lobby is wearing, you'll stand out, and they prolly have boring tastes anyway. But depending on how your character is made I guess you could "wear it better."

Never modify your anatomy just for it to work with 1 outfit... there's gonna be a dozen more better outfits later. All the default sunglasses suck. If you have a little girl character, don't use the original "young" face. If you want to look like a little girl the adult face or the new loli face works way better, no please seriously this part is important. Either look realistic or look like an actual anime character don't go for that creepy mutant face.

If you have a girl character period try not to be completely obvious that you're a guy playing as her with your outfit and design choices. She can still be "sexy"/attractive/scantilly clad or whatever without looking like the equivalent of a middle schooler drawing "yeah a naked lady" in his notebook with deformed/abnormally sized body parts and stankbitch outfits.

/didn't actually read thread just felt rambling/ranting about how to avoid bad/typical character design.
    Dat passion... but its true....

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Either look realistic or look like an actual anime character don't go for that creepy mutant face.
    I lol'ed

@Rock Eastwood

Nice tips there. I think all I'd be lacking is some color. I've only made my newest character some days ago so she's a bit bland and still rocking starting stuff but I'm also looking around as I get money.

@Towards anyone who knows
    Is there a better place to be able to look at all the hairstyles in PSO2 other than cirnopedia? I can't get a good enough look at them to know if I like it or not. And as of now, I seem to be most satisfied with one of the starting hairstyles anyways. If I can get a better look without it getting all pixelated, I may decide on some of them.
    Last edited by Xelor; Aug 13, 2014 at 07:06 AM.
    Currently Playing: PSO2
    Ship 2 - Shiku/Duman
    Steam ID: Shokuryu