Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hobu View Post
    Goddamnit. I don't know what's heresy anymore @_@;
    Everything. Everything is heresy.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Weapons need more than 1 latent. Every weapon should have 2 latents, minimum. While I'm normally against damage latents, I'd really be in favor of it if weapons started having 2+ latents.

A weapon could have 1 damage latent & 1 defensive latent (Dragonkin Damage & Dragonkin Resist). Another could have 1 PA latent & another PA latent (Assault Buster & Slide Shaker). Another could have a damage latent & 2 utility latents (Machine Damage & PP Restorate + Attack PP Restorate). Another could have 2 damage latents (Dragonkin & Machines).

The double PA latent would make a pretty decent stand-in budget weapon for people who only use those two PAs. Double racial damage, again - great stand-in.

This way Guld Millas can get an Infinity Fire latent and Celestial Bullet at the same time. Everybody wins!
    I really would like all the latents to be cool unique stuff instead of "This makes you do more damage with X against Y!". Stuff like that ice tech charge speed latent. Otherwise people are just gonna keep going for the damage latents outside of gimmick builds anyway.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 6, 2014 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Ultra Chicken View Post
    I dunno what the giant muscular Newmen would think of that.
    The game retcons them to moe. Part of the racial bonus is they can't be buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Everything. Everything is heresy.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Do the impossible break the unbreakable.

Don't lose your way.

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

If it's here, you won't find it there.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

He who refers to himself as "I Am". I_Am's Avatar

Update it, and they will come?
    Shinji Sakuraba:
    FOnewm
    Newman Wartecher
    Newman [?]

What about interracial mixing? Newcast, Dewcast, Castman, Newmanmandew, NewDewDoTheDew, Lilicast (nope.avi) . I mean, it's AD238, come on people.

They are already mixes. Dewman and newmans are just modified humans. One by being near darkers others dilberate

I'd like to keep the race bonuses minimal for each class simply because it would somewhat negate why we can change to any class for any race.

I mean, I'm fine when a game doesn't let me change classes, and most RPGs are already like that. But when a game implements a feature, don't add in something that makes the feature less meaningful.

A good example would be comparing Castlevania 1 to 3 (Egoraptor's example, I don't care if you love hiim or hate him, he's got good points).

In Castlevania 1, you had a whip that only went in front of you, and you can pick up secondary items that provided more utility to your character in some way, like being able to throw axes up or holy water down (where your whip can't hit).

In Castlevania 3, you had a whip that could go ANYWHERE. Even diagonal. There was absolutely no point to using the secondary items, but the items were still there anyways. That's messy design.

In PSO2, having the ability to switch classes but pigeonholing a race into what class is suppose to be meant for them is bad design. Sure you got choices now, but it's a bad decision from a gameplay perspective because it offers false freedom. The option is there, but why the crap would you do it to sacrifice your effectiveness? Course this depends on how significant the racial bonuses are. Basically the only reasons why you'd do it, is because "you can" or the game is too easy for you and this only makes the game more interesting (how is doing less damage with the exact same gear, skills, and class more interesting, I'll personally never understand, don't bother explaining. I'd only understand if the game's already too easy though).

The way how PSO2 has it now, is completely negligible. The stat impacts are minimal, and are only there for people obsessed with min/maxing. And that's how it should be. If you add significant racial bonuses AT THIS POINT, you'd be doing a lot of people a disservice. People are then forced to buy character slots (or make new accounts, but there goes your ability to share items between all of them) because each race can do a certain class better, where before they'd only have to use ONE character for all classes efficiently enough. The only other reason you'd get another character RIGHT NOW is for the aesthetic differences.

Course, the problem could easily be addressed F2P-wise if we had more character slots for free. But then all those people that spent the time getting each class up to 70 with that one character now feels silly for them.

I understand though this is all hypothetical talk and it's all up to Sega of Japan to decide this. But know that this will most likely never happen in PSO2, even with some the changes we got so far.
    Last edited by Xelor; Oct 6, 2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Currently Playing: PSO2
    Ship 2 - Shiku/Duman
    Steam ID: Shokuryu