Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

GU relies entirely on Chain Trigger to do competitive damage on bosses now, it seems like.

On a side-note, is that membrane around its core breakable? I never noticed until recently that it wasn't always taking extra damage from people hitting its core, even when it was down after having all six bits destroyed.

Call me blind, but what's the difference between the one now and the form before maint happened.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Well, last time I played UQ (as Tmg GuRa) ..... my damage relies on Resta / Megiverse (someone spamemd Resta entire battle) and WB (someone else did it, I'm bad with WB) ..... of course, no Chain used (didn't find the opportunity to use it, since Anga isn't stunned) ......

and when I see it's resistance I'm switching role to mob clearing or use Launcher / Rifle instead Only 10%(?) damage to Anga when it has the resistance.

Though with UQ like this, Te and Fo is a blessing ..... that Resta / Megiverse, Deband Cut and Deband Toughness ..... make tanking possible as Gu.

Edit : that Dark Matter Bomb (?) sure is annoying and can kills.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by final_attack; Nov 27, 2014 at 08:38 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Call me blind, but what's the difference between the one now and the form before maint happened.
    It doesn't look any different as far as I've noticed.

It just has a few new attacks and adaptive resistances.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Megiverse? What is this? Are we playing the same game?
    And I kinda heard some people mention a tech called Zonndiel or something. Never seen it.
    Is this legit? I'm going to proceed as though it is.

Megiverse if your field medic Tech, the Dark aura. Drop it down, allies dealing damage in it will steal back a portion of their damage and recover HP. Not a perfect replacement for Resta, it has merits and downfalls, but the biggest benefit is that your stats don't impact its usefulness. Any Tech user can drop it to benefit the MPA.

Zondeel is your lighting aura. It's like the most basic CC Tech available; it sucks enemies together in a clump so all your damage hits all of the things all at once. It's a simple way to make your damage go much further in a lot of situations.

It's hard to CC bosses though, so Zondeel is generally useless against Anga. As for Megiverse, it's super useful against Anga since you can basically just keep casting it every few seconds and render your MPA significantly tougher. It's similar to handing all your mates the functional equivalent of an Elder Pain in whatever weapon flavor they prefer long as you keep it down and around where they're standing.

I think that was a joke post...

Megiverse is legitimately useful at times, but all of the UQ enemies have resistance to vacuum effects, which limits Zondeel's usefulness. Neither really see much use overall in UQs from my experience.

^not all, the one resist zondeel pull was mobs with infection (which is...well, 75% mobs all of the time)
    normal UQ mob can be zondeel pulled just fine.

Haven't encountered any of those phase 2 Angas so far ; whats the trick . _.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Pure-types are players who go all-in within one of the three damage dealing attributes to take as much advantage of the multipliers through the highest base number possible. I see it all the time out there

Actually in Ultimate Mode I see it all the time now, players take a hit and rather than use a healing item or simply get clear...they actually try to get clear from mobs. You may call them "newbs" or "Pugs" or whatever....but those players exist....and I get quite a number of thanks and friend requests from actually trying to help out.
    (-_\)

You're going to have to explain how healing after getting hit or specializing in a type of damage makes hybrid players and Megiverse useful for getting around resistances. Healing after getting hit has nothing to do with an enemy's resistances, and, as I said in my previous post, focusing on a particular damage type does not make hybrids useful, because both have access to several different weapons, and resistances are weapon/element based.

I haven't said anything insulting that you haven't repeatedly demonstrated as being an accurate assessment of your posts, so please don't give me that bull. You gave out several inaccurate "facts" while trying to give advice. That's no good if your intent is to help people, so I corrected them.

Quote Originally Posted by Netro Shine View Post
    Is this legit? I'm going to proceed as though it is.

Zondeel is your lighting aura. It's like the most basic CC Tech available; it sucks enemies together in a clump so all your damage hits all of the things all at once. It's a simple way to make your damage go much further in a lot of situations.

It's hard to CC bosses though, so Zondeel is generally useless against Anga. As for Megiverse, it's super useful against Anga since you can basically just keep casting it every few seconds and render your MPA significantly tougher. It's similar to handing all your mates the functional equivalent of an Elder Pain in whatever weapon flavor they prefer long as you keep it down and around where they're standing.
    It was sarcasm.

Zondeel doesn't work on large bosses and some mid-bosses/mobs in the first place, barring some very specific exceptions (such as when they're stunned, like Zesh on its back), by the way. Zondeel is literally worthless against Anga Fandarge. It's a bad idea to pull things with large attack ranges anyway, especially if they don't flinch. Number of gripes I've seen from people dealing with Zondeel'd Goldrahda performing their spinning kicks is bad enough, bosses would be even worse.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Nov 27, 2014 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netro Shine View Post
    Is this legit?
    Nah, just sarcasm cause I am frustrated of 95% of my ult runs being with idiots that have no clue how to play their class.

My eyes almost popped out of my head when I just had an ult run where someone was keeping WB up on Diabo's wings.

So I promptly broke them both. Sadly the tail is really damn hard to get, even with daggers cause Diabo rarely spawns in an area with enough space, so most of the time it is inside the walls.