Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

I figured Persona's plot would be something like that. Player fell into despair, blah blah.
    Especially with those back-to-back shots that seemed to imply that Persona is your "dark side".

Quote Originally Posted by KLMS1 View Post
    Then again, the tech level being what it is the damn things probably feature integral antigravity generators to help take the load off - literally.
    Yeah, especially with all the jump pads in use everywhere.
    But in Xirys' case it's not just the gravity, the foot is bent like that -|_ Tetris block.

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    See, this is why I hate weird time bullshit in stuff like this :V
    Actually considering what we've seen it wouldn't work, even if we went into the past there was never 2 of us since in a way we replaced the one that was there.
    I guess the reason Persona didn't replace us (or the other way around) is that he turned Dark Falz and became a different being, but there is still only one Persona.

.... but yeah Time Travel Plots get messy VERY Fast

I hated the going into the past BS in PSO2 from the very start.
    If you rescue Matoi, that means you never met Xeno or Echo. So WTF.
    Unless of course, you met them afterwards anyway. Still bugs me though.

The player doesn't go into the past so much as they do both events of story quests at once (with some exceptions that are more like bad end/good end). The player both saved Matoi and met Zeno and Echo on the same day, in the same mission, by being in two places at once. Afin even acknowledges that he remembers both events occurring on the same day, even though that's impossible...but dismisses it as remembering incorrectly.

So basically Matterboard = Time Traveling Shadow Clones. For everybody involved.

The player essentially multiplies time and space, layering timeline on top of timeline.
    The world should have already imploded or something.

Does Uruk say she remembers dying a horrible death?
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Oct 15, 2015 at 04:35 PM.

No, that's one of the cases where the player actually does go back in time to undo something. The player does time travel for three instances.

1) Saving Zeno
    2) Saving Ulc
    3) Seeing what happened in the ARKS attack 10 years in the past

Saving Zeno and Ulc like this makes it so that they never died.

Hey, at least the Mater Board avoids creating multiple timelines, if you have ever discussed this series continuity in the past you know they are usually present.

That's so bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Hey, at least the Mater Board avoids creating multiple timelines, if you have ever discussed this series continuity in the past you know they are usually present.
    Persona's timeline has Matoi die while the MC's doesn't, so that's multiple timelines at least. Now that case is obvious, but we are talking about time travel, so start looking and you'll find errors and contradictions sooner or later. It's an interesting trope, but always makes things messy one way or another

Fuck, almost cried with the credits. So much Episode 2 nostalgia i guess