Page 131 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3181121128129130131132133134141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1579

Quote Originally Posted by Killerwing View Post
    Also, another source of NVIDIA Inspector settings would be the japanese player Lavendy who has a blog of their own. https://lavendy.net/pso2es/
    Obviously it's in japanese, so some Google Translate help may be required. However there are some very strong, though potentially demanding settings that can be downloaded from that blog.
    I'm now running one of those settings, the 2nd highest ones in the list in fact now
    I could have run the highest settings, however doing so limited my game's FPS at around 90. With the 2nd highest settings instead, my FPS generally stays around 120 now.

And remember, that's with an i7 processor combined with a GTX 980 TI. That's some huge power there.

And here's an extra screenshot to show that crisp quality.

Spoiler!

(Game is played in 1080p resolution. Not bothering to go bigger, no point in it.)
    This is the kind of quality I now run with, smoothly nearly all the time(I tend to get some FPS drops whenever I use my Photon Blast. Dunno why it does that.)
    Could you post a screenshot of your Nvidia Inspector settings?
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Yeah I'd like to use the settings as well in my system (FX-8350 @4.4GHz and Palit Jetstream 970 @+100 for core and memory).
    Last edited by Asuka~; Oct 24, 2015 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Could you post a screenshot of your Nvidia Inspector settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuka~ View Post
    Yeah I'd like to use the settings as well in my system (FX-8350 @4.4GHz and Palit Jetstream 970 @+100 for core and memory).
    Well since you two asked nicely, I'll give you a screenshot of my settings

Spoiler!

Oh, and here's a link to Lavendy's blog page where I was able to download her latest Inspector settings she made for the latest NVIDIA drivers. I suggest you have your NVIDIA drivers updated to the latest version before using the settings I'm using, for they are basically the exact same as Lavendy's save for a few minor tweaks to the FPS limit(Lavendy's settings are set to have Vsync on and FPS limited at 60, which I didn't want)

https://lavendy.net/pso2es/geforce-358-50-whql-drivers/

The settings can be downloaded in the english named zip files at the bottom of the page.

And A.Zarran.

Now it seems I missed the fact that you were using an AMD processor instead of the i3. Guess I must have read the posts too quickly.
    However I took the liberty of checking a comparison site to see the performances of your processor versus others.

And here's what I found: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php...-6300+Six-Core

Your processor matches an i5 2500K @ 3.30 GHz in terms of performance.
    However my processor? It's an i7-4770K @ 3.50 GHz
    And you can see in that list it's the 2nd highest one. And it's nearly double the performance of your processor.

From that same site, I also checked the comparison of performance of the GTX 960 versus other cards. And here's the link to the page in question: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

If you check in it, the GTX 960's performance is numbered at 5,984
    The GTX 970? 8,652
    The GTX 980 Ti 11,533 (nearly DOUBLE the 960's)

Yes, I'm aware those are just general numbers that will not take into account how the GPU was build by the manufacturer. However those numbers are still an excellent base to consider and compare the performance of the GPUs.
    Heck, even my old GTX 770 that I had before getting a 970 is better than the 960!!!

Also, yes I am aware you can overclock your CPU and GPU.
    HOWEVER
    Keep this in mind:

YES, you can overclock your CPU and GPU.
    YES, you can maybe increase their performances to match higher stuff like say, an i7 and a GTX 970.
    BUT, it will NEVER perform as well as the real deal, no matter how hard you try, because an actual i7 and GTX 970 were made to function better than your AMD processor and a GTX 960

This is the bottom line of all of this A.Zarran.

I won't repeat myself regarding this, since this is all there is to say now.
    With the stuff you have right now, you'll NEVER be able to achieve insanely high-end performance on PSO2 if you want to go for super big Inspector boosting.

If you want better, you'll need to upgrade your hardware. That is all.

It doesn't matter what you'll reply. I have stated all the main facts that were required to say, provided the necessary proofs to back up my claims.
    There's nothing else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerwing View Post
    Well since you two asked nicely, I'll give you a screenshot of my settings

Spoiler!
    Hmmm, trying that flag with my current settings (4x MSAA/4x SGSSAA), seems like the framerate is dropping slightly less than with the flag in the first post when I use rabarta against a large group of enemies (dropping to 60s instead of 50s), I'm not noticing any major differences in the quality, so I think I'll be using this flag for now, thank you for sharing it.

(Not using ambient occlusion at all though, using a Phenom II X4 955 and a GTX960, even though I play at a relatively low resolution, 1440x900, it's probably for the better to not use AO with my current specs)

EDIT: After further testing, the changes that I had in framerate were because of turning off AA fix and not because of the flag. Guess I may as well keep using the flag in the first post.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Oct 24, 2015 at 05:35 PM.

@Killerwing: Oh boy, here we go.

Listen, where did I say my machine outclasses your machine or anyone else's? When did I imply it? On another note, you didn't account the fact that your top of the line GTX 970 (would be nice if you specified what kind of 970) is $100+ more than the 960 SSC (4GB model not 2GB model, and yes, extra V-RAM makes a difference when trying to run higher quality textures, higher resolutions, and higher quality Anti-Aliasing), which is money I don't have, first of all. Second, who cares if an i7 outclasses an AMD FX 6300 other than fanboys? When did I say or imply the opposite? Third, really, again with this? What do you use your i7 for other than gaming, because if it's just pure gaming then that's a waste. Why are you bragging about what you have?

And fourth, look matey, the articles you provided and the numbers you provided mean nothing. Synthetic benchmarks. I could care less. Gaming benchmarks are a different case, and I'd happily read those, but this is a game that has it's overall texture work range from something around 2007. I'm not here to brag about my stuff, it all started with how I felt overclocking would give me an edge to run these settings. But considering how this turned out, now people are convinced I am bragging, which I'd like them to show me where I said anything that remotely implies bragging. All you're doing appears to be showing off and talking down to me, which makes me sad that someone who actually knows their stuff on PC hardware has to resort to that to explain some kind of point. Why do I have to know that someone's hardware is better? Why are you trying to derail the topic like Aldotsk?

(Edit) : I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to tell me other than bragging and talking down to me, but if you actually read all of my previous post, you'd read the information I was trying to tell you. I was trying to help you with configuring SweetFX, and then I talked about my configuration using both Inspector and RadeonPro. I don't need SGSSAA if I can use my configuration, which looks nearly as good and runs brilliantly at 90+ FPS. Where did I say I wasn't satisfied with my configuration or my PC? Nowhere. So why bring up something that never happened?
    Last edited by A. Zerran; Oct 24, 2015 at 10:34 PM.

If he could post some charts, images of his resource usage while playing pso2, it would be more convincing. To this point, it's all just personal experience. And that in-game screenshot makes me worry, just look at that snow and some green at background, looks way worse than orginal rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiLolicon View Post
    If he could post some charts, images of his resource usage while playing pso2, it would be more convincing. To this point, it's all just personal experience. And that in-game screenshot makes me worry, just look at that snow and some green at background, looks way worse than orginal rendering.
    Yes to the first statement. And after looking at the screenshot again, I have to agree, yes, I'm a bit concerned now as well. How did that happen?

I haven't followed this whole discussion (too much hostility to bother), but I'll try to give my 2 cents about a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Zerran View Post
    I don't get it. Why is overclocking my EVGA GTX 960 SSC not helping in this situation?
    After doing some research, apparently having extra V-RAM can in fact help with having higher quality textures as well as higher quality types of Anti-Aliasing. Anyone here with a 970 or a 980? Would you kindly try to test SGSSAA + SweetFX out on PSO2 and show your results?
    Even with overclocking, seems like SGSSAA on PSO2 at 1080p (or similar resolutions) is too demanding for a GTX960, there's a pretty big gap between the GTX 960 and the 970 unfortunately, both when it comes to core and when it comes to memory (a considerably higher amount of shader processors, texture and render units, and a larger memory bus width).

Nvidia really should have released some sort of GTX 960 Ti/GTX 965 at the same time as the 960 to fill in the gap between the 960 and 970...

The PS4 graphics option will only increase Bloom and character model quality. It won't increase overall texture quality or get rid of any jaggies.
    Based on comparison screenshots that were shown (though since they're from a livestream, those shots are blurry), there's more to the Ep4 quality 6 settings than just bloom and character model quality.

I assume the first 2 comparisons are a result of bump mapping, I guess.
    Ground in these shots:
    Spoiler!

Trunk of the tree:
    Spoiler!

And lastly there's alot more bushes at the top of the rocks in the right, I wonder if this means that it'll have a higher object draw distance or just more objects?
    Spoiler!

Pretty much the only things I would want from the Ep4 setting is a somewhat decent form of AA to use instead of the in-game FXAA (due to SGSSAA being too demanding for mid range hardware), and for them to tweak down the bloom a bit, as it is now it's way too much.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Oct 25, 2015 at 03:08 AM.

@Ezodagrom

Well, okay, I'm wrong about the PS4 setting, but in my personal experience, my settings are good enough for me, even if they don't match the PS4 setting. At the very least, I'm sitting at 99-100 FPS on average with my settings, and that's at 1920 x 1200 (yes, I got a new monitor recently, and I didn't have to pay for this one). I'm happy with that. I just wanted a proper 4GB card that can be overclocked and has two fans and is within my budget, and this 960 SSC from EVGA is satisfactory for me for the price. The 970 was out of my budget, and it still is going to be for some time. The R9 270X at 4GB is more difficult to find and costs well over the price of a 960 at this point, unfortunately, and being an AMD card, I can't really use Inspector with it. But okay, the PS4 setting does indeed more than what I initially thought it would do, and I'm actually curious on trying the setting when it comes out now. But I doubt it will give us any proper Anti-Aliasing of any kind though.

As for the memory bus width thing, having a bus width of 128-bit is not the end of the world, and the thing is, AMD has larger bus widths for their cards than the 960, but that doesn't mean they're automatically faster, does it? Bus width is just one aspect, and even at 128-bit, this card can run Crysis 3 on High settings (for ME at least. Believe it or not I actually achieved this using a couple of tweaks, but I had to turn Shadows to Low and Post-Processing/Water to Medium since they're a massive CPU hog).

...Well that's really all I can say. My settings are fine as is. If something comes up, I'll post it here, but for the sake of not causing more vitriol, I think I'll just stay quiet. Later.

About that PS4, It's understandable, as all PS4 have identical hardware, so it's easier for them to pump the graphics to top. As for PC, there are godlikes, also toasters, even potatoes, it's harder to get the optimal setting for general use.