Page 314 of 430 FirstFirst ... 214264304311312313314315316317324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 4299

So because I was really bored when waiting for EQ, I went ahead and ran some numbers for knuckles, and TD if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    So because I was really bored when waiting for EQ, I went ahead and ran some numbers for knuckles, and TD if anyone is interested.
    why is the mean for invade so high even though the variance is so big.
    not the 10603 one, even the 10601 one
    Last edited by AmanoMai; Nov 9, 2015 at 11:18 AM.

That's because the critical rate is set to almost 100%. But the damage calculator as it is right now isn't very good at calculating variance for Invade weapons, anyway, since Invade weapons have a 55% percent variance as the base (or so I've heard), but if you switch the calculator to a crafted weapon, it treats the base as 10%. There's no other way to changing the base of variance aside from doing that.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    That's because the critical rate is set to almost 100%. But the damage calculator as it is right now isn't very good at calculating variance for Invade weapons, anyway, since Invade weapons have a 55% percent variance as the base (or so I've heard), but if you switch the calculator to a crafted weapon, it treats the base as 10%. There's no other way to changing the base of variance aside from doing that.
    i didn't really get that...
    isn't crafted weapon have the dmg variance of 55% ->100% untill silva mats which makes them 75% -> 100% ?
    what do you mean by base 10%

Quote Originally Posted by AmanoMai View Post
    i didn't really get that...
    isn't crafted weapon have the dmg variance of 55% ->100% untill silva mats which makes them 75% -> 100% ?
    what do you mean by base 10%
    Essentially in the calculator, I can't set variance to anything other than 10% or 90%, so the numbers for invade are actually done with 10% variance, to make the difference between the different latent level more apparent. Invade numbers in the calc are actually lower than actual because of the expanded variance.

Edit: Apparently according to the other thread, Invade weapon actually have an variance of ~80% because of the hidden dex bonus
    I ran the calcs again to normalize for variance for knuckles and TD
    Last edited by escarlata; Nov 10, 2015 at 10:28 AM.

I thought sub 7*, red, blue, invade, and crafted weapons had no minimum percent -- just a Dex bonus
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    Essentially in the calculator, I can't set variance to anything other than 10% or 90%, so the numbers for invade are actually done with 10% variance, to make the difference between the different latent level more apparent. Invade numbers in the calc are actually lower than actual because of the expanded variance.
    I think you can compensate for that by turning it into a crafted weapon and then raising dex until you get the 55% min dmg.

Oh and Surprise Knuckle is nice but it moves forward a lot. So either you end up punching the air, or you end up on the other side of the enemy and lose your fi stance. Pendulum Roll can have the same effect but because you don't move so much it's not that much of a problem, but maybe that's just cause it takes so long you are mostly gonna get interrupted.

Flash Thousand is really good though, just short enough to generally hit and don't get interrupted so much while keeping you rooted, so you don't lose your stance.
    Pas that move you can also be awkward on stuff like prone Shrayda, Surprise Knuckle made me fall down more than once.
    The reason why Ducking Blow is good isn't the damage or even even the parry upfront, but because it is so very reliable. It's pretty fast even with the ducking motion so you get nice damage for relatively low pp and very little can go wrong.
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; Nov 9, 2015 at 10:08 PM.

It's been so long that I've played around with my Fighter. I recently reset my skill tress across all classes -- and I can't remember what to put into my Fighter tree.

Does anyone know the latest-and-greatest, broken-tier Fighter skill tree setup that specializes in critical? Thanks in advance~
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Here's a barebones Fighter skill tree:

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...0jdoIb0000000j

+ standard stuff in the Hunter tree, but also with Fury Critical

Possibly put less points in Tech Arts JA, gears you don't use, or Crazy skills (depending how much you want to use Limit Break). It's all personal preference.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Nov 11, 2015 at 10:43 AM.

Hi fellow fighters, I have recently came back from a somewhat short hyatus and now am in a curious position of choosing between fi/hu and hu/fi. I have a fire ares sword, ice ult buster Ely Sion and a maxed out light ares partizan. For air I use Sever Schild dagger and plan to buy/find Apprentice dagger.

For fighter's side i have a fire meteor cudgel, starter ungrinded seraphy and ares daggers, and almost enough live stones for god hand along with a +40 still uncrafted red knuckle.

I'm sure that a fully geared and skilled fi/hu with fi weps should out-dps a hu/fi dps with hu weps but now that the main class bonus is here I'm not so sure. I mean a current 13* partizan/sword would surely pack a huge punch and should only be beaten by limit break, however during lb downtimes (and me sucking at not dying during lb) I feel like a hu/fi with fury gear boost, warbrave for mobbing and wise stance for the occasional boss could possibly stand on somewhat equal footing??

Or am I trying to force hu/fi too hard? Is fi/hu still the undisputable champ of s-atk and no amount of hu 13*'s and side skills can edge it out?

Also what is you guys' strategy/approach to fighting PD with fi/hu weps? What are you fav weps for castle, pd lotus and pd angel, also when are good times to lb and which stance to use on which part IF I end up going with hu/fi stance-dancer.

Thanks ahead of time, all opinions appreciated