Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Wooooooow. Even the guy colors are super awful.
    Bright white pants and white shoes, or red shoes. Yay lack of options.
    I guess maybe I could make Ronald McDonald now! Ran ran ruu!

Nobody said anything about "reducing the cost of fashion".
    But they've basically doubled to tripled the price with zero return.
    Plus the combinations and colors and options are all terrible.
    My immediate impression is they didn't really think this out and don't really care.

I mean, assuming they designed it to make more money (which seems obvious).
    Wouldn't it be beneficial to have colors and outfits people actually want?
    One of my friends looked at the new scratch and just said "this all looks like garbage".
    I'd imagine that's not really something you'd want to hear from potential customers.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 29, 2016 at 04:10 AM.

I think I am officially done with the game for now.

Over the past year I have been barely playing anyway.
    Of course I wanted to give Episode 4 a try, but summoner is a bore fest and unnecessary complicated and overall, most additions in Episode 4 felt very lackluster.

The only think that would have kept me going would have been continuing to play the dress up simulator part of this game.
    But with this system, it's just not possible anymore. You basically have to invest AC now to be able to afford anything.

With the prices being so high, there won't be much mixing possible, as I can be happy if I can even afford one Baseware for one character. Thinking about wanting multiple colors (not to mention on more characters) is pretty much impossible without investing a buttload of RL money.

Lastly, what is up with the limited color/sytle selection with Baseware? Not only is it expensive as shit, you can't even color it which limits the whole system even more. And everything is skirts for females, meh.

Really disappointing system overall. Would have preferred the Shirt, Pants and Shoe system of PSU that allowed way more variation.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

It's funny. At the same time Sega let us make (buy) more alts than ever, they switched over to a cosmetic model that allows for less sharing than before and apparently makes them drop from the scratch at a rate that justifies 7-8 figure prices. One of the things I really liked about Sega's F2P model is that it was pretty alt friendly, compared to other games. They seem to be moving away from that, and that's pretty unfortunate. I mean, we're still not at NA Blade and Soul levels of cash shop foolery yet, but I don't much like the trend.
    Last edited by Xaeris; Jan 29, 2016 at 04:19 AM.

Guess I'm sticking with some of my old outfits for now, summoner robe has some of the most irritating cloth physics I have ever seen. At least the male sets aren't too horribly priced. I was hoping I could use some innerwear with the old outfits as well, but looks like it's not possible. Disappointing. Oh well. Maybe the next scratch will have some decent options
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Yeah...

At first glance, Episode 4 is really looking like it's going to be a story of a cashcow and whales.

It's hilarious looking at the color variations for base wear, and they are all different shirt colors with the exact same pants and shoes.
    I should make a gaijin 4-koma showing them getting excited about customization, and then getting disappointed when they realize every option is the same ugly thing.

Watch every future male outer be a long coat. Again.
    Edit: Or not. There's a short jacket in this scratch. Still looks terrible though.
    It looks like they took the top off one of the old models and slapped an ugly texture on it.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 29, 2016 at 04:25 AM.

sega has whispering to us "it's time make male character "

Well, not expecting much since there's only 2 sets per gender, so esentially the selection for now it's pretty poor, but let's see in about 5-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    Yeah...

At first glance, Episode 4 is really looking like it's going to be a story of a cashcow and whales.
    Wasn't AC scratch always entirely this?

Cow/whale suit or pet would be awesome.

Doesn't seem like many people are buying the scratch so far.
    It's still early though.

I dunno about the "only 2 sets per gender" thing. The colors are already awful.
    The colors on other outfits have mostly been awful throughout the years.
    Probably going to keep being awful. The worst thing is we have zero control over changing those terrible colors.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 29, 2016 at 04:42 AM.

True, it hasn't even been five hours yet and most of those having been working/school hours in Japan. This still has some time to even out.