Page 91 of 273 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It doesn't matter much, I'd just go with the standard light.
    Sounds good to me, thank you!
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I keep forgetting other people's standard is being able to do stuff fast enough to get more than 3 runs of something in.
    Even in the EQs that are limited to 2 runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

So uh is this spirited parfait even worth putting on a pet? Seems like boosting normal attacks seems pretty pointless compared to the other parfaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    So uh is this spirited parfait even worth putting on a pet? Seems like boosting normal attacks seems pretty pointless compared to the other parfaits.
    I wouldn't bother with it, but it might be funny hitting 20k normals as a Su/Br with torim or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I keep one on a back up pet. Your pet can hit very hard even if say you depleted your pp.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    The class does a lot of damage, but it's still a "weak" class because of the lack of control it has. Unlike other classes you can't really free-aim properly and position to focus on weakspots or certain areas for mobbing, the pet only really follows a target and isn't fully controllable around the target.

For example Summoner is pretty useless in TD on its own when compared to almost everything else. You can "draw aggro" sure, but you can't properly do damage to the enemies until they've already run and come back to you because of how gimmicky pets are.

It's kind of like Hunter in that it has damage, but it doesn't have proper flexibility to use it better than other classes can.
    I have seen that also were a party has 3 or more summoners people will leave.

I think for the most part people should try to learn and lock on with summoner. I find it pretty easy to control pets using lock on in td doing that . I don't have problems with pets in td.

They really need to give "smart" targeting to all pet attacks by making their hitboxes prioritize hitting weak points over other spots.

Regardless, I never really feel useless in any of the TD quests. I spam Sari Chaser into mobs to get their attention and soften them up, then spam Wanda Break once they get close. I honestly tend to score higher on average with Summoner then I do Force simply because everything tends to die before I can even charge more then a few techs.

I usually don't feel any more useless in TD than I normally do.
    I did TD1 on VH a few days ago and came in first on every wave except one, by about double everyone else's score, on all three runs.
    Killed the bosses, defended the towers, etc. I was level 54 though. And I used Guren Tessen.
    It feels like Guren Tessen is kinda necessary to get Summoner into range quickly. Il Zonde is expensive to use.

In TD4, it feels like I can easily kill most if not all enemies humping towers just by using Torim Stab, or tag them with Sari Chaser.
    I haven't had any problems solo defending towers. Zondeel -> Torim Stab makes short work of enemy packs.
    Torim Spiral when Exoda and Biblas spawns feels very effective, killing them quickly if done correctly.
    But there isn't much room for error in terms of positioning, because Torim is too stupid to face enemies.
    Only takes about 3 Stabs to kill an Exoda cannon, maybe 4 per leg. That's with my crappy 9 star Torim.
    I screwed up my first Torim, so I made another one. If one dies, I just bust out the other one. Still hits hard.

It's true that Summoner pets have that stupid thing where they will run to an enemy and attack even though it's out of their damn range, and you won't know until you waste time trying.
    But don't all close range classes have an issue with enemies running past and then coming back?

Whatever the case, I don't see a valid reason to leave if people are using Summoner.
    Multis felt a lot weaker when around 80% of the multi were Bouncers. That went on for ages. People didn't leave when they saw Bouncers.

In my opinion people are just being dumb. Of course most people playing a new class are going to be weak, because they have to gear up and learn the class.
    But they're not going to get better if everyone bans them or runs away when they see them.
    Everyone improves at different speeds, too. It's ridiculous to assume they have to be weak just because of their class, unless the class has been proven to be rubbish.
    It's probably also still too early to judge Summoner's strength clearly enough to want to leave. Hasn't even been a month yet, right?
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 16, 2016 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I usually don't feel any more useless in TD than I normally do.
    I did TD1 on VH a few days ago and came in first on every wave except one, by about double everyone else's score, on all three runs.
    Killed the bosses, defended the towers, etc. I was level 54 though. And I used Guren Tessen.
    It feels like Guren Tessen is kinda necessary to get Summoner into range quickly. Il Zonde is expensive to use.

In TD4, it feels like I can easily kill most if not all enemies humping towers just by using Torim Stab, or tag them with Sari Chaser.
    I haven't had any problems solo defending towers. Zondeel -> Torim Stab makes short work of enemy packs.
    Torim Spiral when Exoda and Biblas spawns feels very effective, killing them quickly if done correctly.
    But there isn't much room for error in terms of positioning, because Torim is too stupid to face enemies.
    Only takes about 3 Stabs to kill an Exoda cannon, maybe 4 per leg. That's with my crappy 9 star Torim.
    I screwed up my first Torim, so I made another one. If one dies, I just bust out the other one. Still hits hard.

It's true that Summoner pets have that stupid thing where they will run to an enemy and attack even though it's out of their damn range, and you won't know until you waste time trying.
    But don't all close range classes have an issue with enemies running past and then coming back?

Whatever the case, I don't see a valid reason to leave if people are using Summoner.
    Multis felt a lot weaker when around 80% of the multi were Bouncers. That went on for ages. People didn't leave when they saw Bouncers.

In my opinion people are just being dumb. Of course most people playing a new class are going to be weak, because they have to gear up and learn the class.
    But they're not going to get better if everyone bans them or runs away when they see them.
    Everyone improves at different speeds, too. It's ridiculous to assume they have to be weak just because of their class, unless the class has been proven to be rubbish.
    It's probably also still too early to judge Summoner's strength clearly enough to want to leave. Hasn't even been a month yet, right?
    Summoners are surprisingly overpowered as far as I know, and it also makes a all rounder stat boost ridiculous tank sub if you shunned the unnecessary pet skills for those stat up. Never seen so many high up stats in ages. Also wtf hp regen to full if you max that specific skill.

Only the sub class xp gain skills does not do much justice though, unless its a total beginner or a 3rd char started anew.

Anyways, anyone do a md4 summoner run which hugs spawn points and insta kill mobs? gotta see that.

They have strong DPS on paper but held back by incredibly stupid pets. On Profound Darkness, SU seems pretty good because Torim can chase down Double's orbs easy. On the other hand, in Magatsu it's hard to keep pets in range while avoiding the random junk he throws out. And then there the complaints about SU in Lilipa UQ.

On the whole they seem like a lopsided class, OP in some quests, terrible in others.